BETA 52E BETA 52E: THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE NEW BUTTON ON THE UI

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(Will note here that we've processed a bunch of feedback for the stamp tools and will be Doing Interesting Things.)

Stop that!

Marak and Rentahamster like this.
  2. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Here's the latest save.
    New houses add colonists, but it's like the first 3-4 that just don't seem to trigger immigration (Maybe it's a loadout thing? I've had this problem since the system was introduced and it's the only thing that I've been consistently using).
    EDIT: Welp, getting crash on load on this save and the autosaves before it.

Unrelated things that are probably already logged:
    - Modules that get built but do not update in the job queue (happens to me consistently with the Mining Module and Brick Ceramics Kiln)
    - Demolishing a fence doesn't actually remove the fence once the job is done; however on reloading the save, the fence will be gone but it will still display red on the building grid where the fence was.
    - Colonists being duplicated in the colonist list
    - Airship crash event will zoom you to location, which does Funny Things when you are in the middle of blueprinting a building

I'm finding the new colonists to be a bit too aggressive maybe? Bandit attacks are trivial as they get immediately mobbed, and the entire colony chases them across the map. Half the time the redcoats don't even get to shoot them as they keep running out of range while being beaten to death by the mob.

Attached Files:

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Well, what the heck - why isn't this loading? Weird. Digging around...

4. dbaumgart

While kinda awesome, yes, this isn't quite right. We've got two things here we're going to do:
    1. Push more morale hits to colonists for engaging in combat. They should do it, but should not be quite so eager about it.
    2. Make colonists let soldiers do the fighting if soldiers are around. After all, that's what soldiers are for.

tojosan and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Getting a runtime error when zooming to location of Obeliskian awakening.

6. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Little oddity here, this in this game of mine I've had colonists stuck in buildings even when they have a door there. There are times when they don't care if there's a door or not and will just go through the building, but this isn't the case.

I've demolished and rebuilt the building a few times and I get the same result.

Attached Files:

7. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Also on another note, colonists don't eat pickled chillies. The health benefits of said chillies are dubious, but I'm sure they're meant as a food stuff and not solely as a trade commodity.... ?

8. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

In my playthroughs I've had 6 fishmen attack at once and without my soldiers my colonists would have been fishman-chow. I've had 4 redcoats and they're enough to keep them at bay... don't know what would happen if I didn't have the troops around... probably suffer lots of losses.

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Don't worry, I'll figure something out!:p

10. Nicholas

The problem is that, on the renderer side, there is a "Preach in Chapel" job that is, for whatever reason, pointing at an office that doesn't exist. It's throwing a critical error because, well, it shouldn't exist. Did you demolish your chapel or have it destroyed? I can't *see* a chapel and would like to know how this job got created.

11. dbaumgart

Colonists will not eat food that is designated a trade good until they're really, really hungry.

12. mcnostril

No chapel at all in that... buuuuuuuuut when I was checking the fence demolishing thing earlier, I loaded the wrong save of a game that did have a chapel (also 52E), then I exited to menu and then loaded the correct save that has no chapel.
    Otherwise I dunno how it could've got there because I have no chapel (I did get like two spectres events before)

While we're talking weird stuff, here's a screenshot of some weird UI duplicates (it's from 52D, but it was also happening in that save that won't load of 52E)
    Screen Shot 07-14-16 at 07.49 PM.JPG

13. Nicholas

Um. Can you send me *both* save games?

14. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Even when they aren't designated as a trade good? In that game before I started mass trading the pickled chillies I ended up with 54 jars of them.

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Crash when a carpenter was about to create a great work.

Attached Files:

16. tojosan

tojosan Member

I found this as well that they won't eat pickled fungus or chillies.

Do colonists forget to eat now @Nicholas ? I've had a few of them hungry when I have enough food to feed several colonial villages. Is it possible they're not making it back from work?

Also experiencing the slow to non-existent immigration.
    Heck, I even built the windows. <- nice touch by the way. I'm fond of the new tool tips for the houses. Great work.
    Please create something similar for the barracks.

I'll have to get a save for you but the Foreign office isn't earning points for me. Might have been one just bugged so I'll try again.

Also, yet another script error.
    20160720134409_1.jpg

17. Nicholas

Can you get me a console for that one, please?

18. mcnostril

Here's the one with the chapel (027)
    (and I'm putting the crashy one here again just in case)

Attached Files:

19. tojosan

tojosan Member

Console!
    Save file!
    Also, please consider more useful save game file names.

Attached Files:

20. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

The great monolith of Quag'garoth

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.