BETA 52D BETA 52D: CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

OMG! OMG! OMG! :D:eek:

20160714200837_1.jpg

20160714200925_1.jpg

2. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

The fishersperson guts are back. Are they going to be used in a story arc later orb can we at least make stew out of em lol

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Can you upload the dmp files for the crashes please? Thanks!

4. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Found some bugs that originated from dismantling modules when they had not had upkeep performed.

Attached Files:

5. Here you go!

Attached Files:

6. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Observations :

Smaller map means far fewer nodes; ran out of surface clay very early indeed.

Traders no longer bring carpets - upkeep boxes of much less use really as costly to buy vs make. Still prefer to see more managed breaking of buildings according to use and, maybe, quality? Brick/metal breaks less often than wood

People definitely doing tasks with goods in hand - will try to get save game

Traders still arriving with no goods in hand. This time, might be due to fishpeople hassling them but did not see any goods dropped on their route

Early game arcs that occur before any chance of progressing them - ghosts needing vicars way, way before any chance of having church built

7. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Grimoire script error : being researched in science lab rather than by a vicar. Think it was at the end

Capture.PNG

8. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

3 days after the metalworks stopped working, still not repaired. No other repairs under way and lots of repair trunks.

Capture.PNG

Edit : And 5 days later, still unrepaired. Had to make a new one

Attached Files:

9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

10. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Hmm .. how to get pumpkins?

Capture.PNG

11. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks, logged as OC-5156.

You need a higher skill scientist - check out the tooltips in that window.

It's what you do with it!!!

(And we did actually test larger objects for some stuff but they clip outside the renderer and it's super weird in a not cool way.)

Ah, this is because the event didn't find a vicar! This has been fixed for the next patch, thx for the report.

Can you send us a save game where you see this happen?

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Ah .. thanks. They don't seem to be gaining skill though - is that normal? Others appear to.

I'll try to get a save game where the traders have no goods in their hands but still look like they do. Forgot to save the last time, apologies.

Edit : ok, they have finally gained a rank.

Good build - very few crashes and only a small number of minor script errors. Nice work! Tunnel light ahead!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  13. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Doing science will increase skill (so does working in a Chemistry Workshop, for that matter).

14. iucounu

iucounu Member

Every time I try to embark into a tropical biome, the game crashes...?

15. iucounu

iucounu Member

OK, managed to get it to embark. Tried to build a kitchen next to a carpentry workshop: placed the blueprint, placed a door and two ovens, and when I came out of the modules interface the foundations had disappeared. Clicking on the invisible unbuilt workshop then blacked out the map. I quit.

16. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Is it producing DMP files for you? Can you fire those over to contact 'at' gaslampgames.com ? This seems *really* weird...

17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yeah a lot of science, I think it needs: science = {50,300,700,1500}

Maybe killing and getting new overseers until you are given one with good science would work, I think you can imagine how to accomplish that outcome...

18. iucounu

iucounu Member

Here's the crash dumps (only two: I think this happened about four times.)

Attached Files:

19. iucounu

iucounu Member

And the reply files (the first one might be the embark where I thought 'sod this for a lark, it's a bit swampy.)

Attached Files:

20. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.