The Community Colony has Begun. Follow our Progress, or Join us!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

The colony has started! It begins HERE
    New players still welcome.

Her Majesty hereby requests intrepid pioneers for a grand expedition of Colonial Supremacy!

This is going to be a turn-based 'Round Robin' style game in which each player passes their save to the next, builds a shared colony a few days at a time, and tells the story of triumphs, setbacks, unexplained oddities, and most importantly... PROGRESS.

Much credit goes to mailersmate, who hosted the first two community colonies. They were a smashing success!

Rules/Guidelines:

• Each player in line will play for three in game days, tell the story (screens encouraged) and post their save for the next player. You can do less if you're time-strapped, but please try not to go much over three days on your turn, even in the middle of a battle or crazy happening.
    • Each player has approximately two real world days in which to either take their turn, or inform us that they must forfeit their turn to the next player (real life tends to invade)
    • Please don't intentionally try to destroy the colony
    • While not trying to destroy it outright, players are encouraged to make things interesting if possible (oh look, a cult!)
    • Relax, enjoy yourself, don't worry about being "perfect" or making mistakes. If the colony dies, we can start again!

The colony will begin when Beta 53 releases. Please reply with your intention to play and I'll add you to the list in order of the posts. If you like, offer suggestions as to our starting biome, loadouts, or anything else you can think of.

To the airship!

Player list:

Unforked
    tojosan
    Puzzlemaker
    Alephred
    Danstien the Great
    Noratoxin
    mrclint
    DaCrAzYmOfO
    TheD3rp
    mikail 001
    Lipschitz
    OddProphet

Loading the Previous Player's Save:

Download save and place into: Documents > Gaslamp Games > Clockwork Empires > Save
    You should then find it in your load menu in game.

When you upload yours for the next player, it's helpful if you rename the save something recognizable like "Community Day x" to help them find it quickly and easily.

Important Reminder:

Also, I'm sure most all of you will want to play your own separate experimental games when they release. It should be no problem to switch back and forth as needed. As long as our saves stay on the main branch, we're golden.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Daynab, dbaumgart and gmkchicago like this.
  2. tojosan

tojosan Member

3. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Count me in! I haven't played in awhile, so it should be interesting!

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

This is a great start, but we're going to need a few more brave bureaucrats to help tame the savage wilderness with paperwork and pain. We probably have at least a few days until Beta 53 hits.

Join the cause, you probably won't regret it!
    (It really is quite fun. There's a unique satisfaction in following the fate of a shared colony you've invested in)

5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I'd like to join in the community colony. I am a little pressed for time these days, so I may have to skip a turn here or there, hopefully not.

6. If i may i wish to join .
    But i must know one answer to a pressing question.
    Where can i grow wheat i try temperate areas and i cannot grow wheat it always gives me corn.
    Am i doing something wrong or no ?

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

Thanks for joining everyone!

More players are absolutely welcome, even after the colony starts.

Don't worry about scheduling, we'll be relaxed about that. (I may not even be able to start until a day or two after 53 hits)

Wheat must be researched with a laboratory, which needs at least one chalkboard. Welcome to the colony!

8. :D Why thank you good sir and i am part of the proud polis state of novrus imperia at your service

9. soo are we starting this or what if you dont mind me asking ????

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

We're not starting until the devs release Beta 53. The reason is that the main monthly builds are more stable, and we can make sure everyone stays on that build if an experimental is released. (I mean, we could have done 52, but we now know 53 is going to be... super eventful). It will likely be released very soon. :)
    Or not, I'm just guessing. No longer than a week for sure.

I'm glad you brought this up, because I failed to mention... please stay on the main branch while in the community colony. You can have your own separate games in experimental of course, but when playing our colony it's best to revert to the main branch for stability reasons. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  11. thank you and my game keeps crashing

12. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

I would like to take part, too. I've never done anything like this before, so it would be nice to try.

13. mrclint

mrclint Member

Yeah well, the last time was fun, so put me on the list.

14. Unforked

Unforked Member

Welcome newest players! As always, more are welcome.

I've decided to increase each turn to three in game days, because the game's pace has slowed a bit since the last colony, and sometimes there's not a lot you can get done in two. If you want to do less, that's fine, but please try not to go much over three days on your turn, even in the middle of a battle or crazy happening! It's fun to watch the next player try to deal with the consequences of your chaos.

I also edited the OP with save/load sharing instructions for anyone who might need it.

15. unfortunatly my computer is on its last leg soo i will have to opt out of the race

16. Unforked

Unforked Member

Sorry.:(

Well, please return if there's a miraculous recovery.

17. well my computer power box keeps over heating and i have no clue how to fix it i sprayed all fans

18. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I'd love to but I literally play this in 2x mode all the time now. It seems like they are slowed to a crawl when it's normal speed, and 3 days is nothing haha

19. Unforked

Unforked Member

Oh, you can play in 2x mode, no problem! I'm sure enough will happen to tell your part of the story. You should give this a shot, it's fun!

Join us... :)

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  20. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

One of us... one of us.... no tellsies if you begin evil story archs let it be a surprise :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.