BETA 52D BETA 52D: CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Getting a consistent crash while refusing to investigate a cult. Really wanted to see that outcome.

Edit: Doesn't seem to matter what I choose. It's also during upkeep time...

Attached Files:

2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I saw the resource stuck to hands during a bandit raid. Before the hotfix

3. Samut

Samut Member

Why was the map size reduced? If anything, the recent changes WRT maximum population and housing requirements would argue in favor of a bigger map, not a smaller one.

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Got your save. Looking at it *right now*.

Edit: And now Nicholas is looking at it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Unforked likes this.
  5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Huzzah!

Screw poking around with the new experimental and ending up in flee loops if cults are back in action now.

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

I think you need to get past pop 50 for a chance at the event.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

You ended up with huge amounts of space in every game that just weren't used, and that dragged out everything from bandit encounters to traders arriving/leaving, and also ate up a vast and obscene quantity of memory - so a combination of technical reasons and design reasons. It's just a good idea.

With the halving of map size, the game is now below < 1 gig of memory usage constantly and saving is FAST. :D

8. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Okie dokie.

Straight forward enough, if somewhat time consuming now.

9. Unforked

Unforked Member

One oddity I can think of: I deleted the old metalworks and built a new one in its place, because after a load none of the modules were showing up in the workshop menu( this is right after the hotfix as well)

Edit: Ok, now older saves (same build) are crashing as well. Played an old one fine for awhile, saved and exited, loaded it, and it crashes at every load now. Sorry I can't post more saves, real life just found me...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  10. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Your tooltip makes me happy

11. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Hell yes it is. I thought I was seeing things when it flashed by so quickly

12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

FYI @Unforked: you should be able to work around this by immediately opening the production menu after launch.

Unforked likes this.
  13. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Also, after continued play on that save I posted, it seems I am having the immigration bug again where some houses are just not triggering immigration (despite the counter going up).
    Could it be due to the duplicate colonists in the colonist list (which seems to happen when people start dying)?

14. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

How long are you waiting? Immigation happens once every two days, rather than the instant you build a house.

15. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

It's a bit less confusing and I like the new interface to show you what is what...the colonists also seem to be a bit less lazy...I'm still not quite happy and having that urge to do a "Fishy People" (what I call Clockwork Empires with total affection and even giddiness) dance. It feels scattered and a bit odd and this is what is why I say this...

What doesn't make sense to me is why other buildings (i.e. Carpentry) have to build the upkeep kits. Those buildings have enough to do...I still think it'd be better to have an actual Maintenance building that does the making of the upkeep kits and does the upkeep. Logically that makes the most sense to me. This is just my humble opinion...

I do totally agree with the upkeep...as I've said before nothing lasts forever except if it's on the internet...

16. Selly1

Selly1 Member

17. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Well, I can confirm the 'Eerie Spectres' event is now working as intended:

ghosts.jpg

Unforked likes this.
  18. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

I've had two low class houses built for several ingame days already; just to be sure I loaded the game and waited another two and still no immigration (and somehow now in the colonist list, everyone is there 6 times - the counter at the top is still correct at 11/16 though).
    I built a middle class house and that one worked as intended after 2 days. It's now day day 15 (save starts at 10), the two low class houses seem to just not count, and they cannot be demolished (no order appears).

19. The My First Colony loadout no longer starts you with any lumber, is this intended? I've also crashed pretty consistently when starting a map, exiting without saving to main menu and starting another map a few times. No consistent number of times taken, generally between 3-6 times. Also...why do there suddenly appear to be far more women than men in nearly every single one of my games? Why is the Empire forcing all these Venomous Harridans on us?!

20. etoon

etoon Member

I've got a save where a middle class house and a lower class house can't have upkeep done to them. The workers just carried the trunks around to random spots on the map constantly. I had to delete the upkeep jobs to get them to do something else.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.