I would love to see...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

A video or some kind of replay of a game session covering perhaps 30 minutes of play by the developers. I am curious to see how they approach the game as players.

Unforked likes this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

They did one of those shortly after the alpha launched. I believe it was David and possibly Chris? Is was awesome. It was going to be a weekly thing I believe, but I'm guessing the realities of harsh schedules ended the idea.

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Myself and Daniel. It was neat, but took a long time, and we don't have anyone with real video editing skills in the office (all video work has been done via contractors). We know people are into this kind of thing in general, but it's very poor reward per effort with our current skill-set unfortunately.

4. Mikel

Are replay files purely diagnostic tools?

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yes.

6. Mikel

Oh well. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

How about a simple livestream? You can just play and answer questions using only as much time as you can spare. As a player I think those are useful. I'm not sure how you guys feel about it as developers though.

Unforked likes this.
  8. Mikel

After Nicholas' profound surprise at the response to the disabled terrain leveling, I became very curious about how the team approaches their own game. I figure simply watching a colony start could provide valuable insight (and perhaps glean some hidden knowledge) into why decisions are made.

It could also inform how to properly describe a situation or frame a question in a way that will convey information as correctly as possible.

Tikigod, Unforked and Rentahamster like this.