BETA 52B BETA 52B: WE BASICALLY REWROTE ALL THE UI AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With the addition of so much new stuff to work towards in the last few patches (bric-a-brac, repair chests etc), is it entirely wise to totally throw out the slow colonist trickle in favor of tying building new houses to getting new colonists? What about somewhere between the two, where say for the first few days you still get the slow trickle and it stops and becomes tied to housing after that point? I'm seeing a lot of people saying bandits are brutal now and it really seems it has begun to feel that way not because the bandits have suddenly become stronger, as people are having issues padding their work crews AND military with colonists in the early game.

tojosan likes this.
  2. tojosan

tojosan Member

Repair Bug: added a spice rack and repair cost jumped up 2 trunks.

3. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

from my perspective I would ask that the upping of lower class workers per building be upped from 2 to 3 or 2 to 4 because as it is, my building plan was still going to have middle class houses with 3 beds per building, but my lower class houses were just going to be a bundle of 2x2 houses. -- also will this idea be increasing the number of overseers past 25 and the population past 100? I've actually wanted to do a colony that was all overseers, but then the 25 cap was put in place.
    holding here for just the one opinion : )

4. Thanandorn

Thanandorn Member

Well, this time I need something like "Woodcutter's office" to assign someone who have to cut and plant the tree automatically. Because sometime the wood running out very quickly while I pay attention to the others task.

Manamoo likes this.
  5. tojosan

tojosan Member

Saplings aren't growing in my games. There's a ton of them sprouting where the previous trees were cut down but zero growth.

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Saplings, to my knowledge, do not and have never grown, though the presence of fertiliser items from the really early builds suggests it might be planned for the future.

If you want more timber, put in a bamboo farm -- it should substitute for logs in all cases. If you can't get one of those, well...

7. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

They used to but was stopped a few builds ago. Needs bringing back now timber so important.

8. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

52B Script error

Attached Files:

9. tojosan

tojosan Member

Seen this a few times now.

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Crash, 50 citizens.

Attached Files:

11. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

lol

Attached Files:

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Yup - had 18 at one point, definitely sub-standard building material. Had to stop using this build, workers had no time to do anything but repair buildings before the next wave of failures came in.

Squid Empire likes this.
  13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

146 colonists. Game is starting to exhibit some slow down. Good job on the CPU optimizations Nicholas *thumbs up*

Attached Files:

Samut and Unforked like this.
  14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Due to the bug, I made multiple workshops to avoid duplicate modules. It seemed to help.....somewhat.

15. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Save file and console for the 146 colonist game, if anyone is interested.

Uncompressed console text file size is 816 MB lol.

Attached Files:

Unforked likes this.
  16. Unforked

Unforked Member

Any sign of a cult in that game?

17. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Nope. Everyone is happy as a clam.

18. Unforked

Unforked Member

Well, hope you don't mind, I grabbed your save and will actively attempt to make everyone go nuts. :)

Rentahamster likes this.
  19. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

So that's what this system gets you, a forest of mini-shacks.

Hmm, I would prefer the "massive wall in segments" arrangement if I have to spam houses.

wargarurumon likes this.
  20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

That works too but

1. I don't need walls because nothing ever attacks me, or on the rare occasion it does it gets obliterated very quickly.

2. 1-tile-wide segments can't hold rugs, so it would be tedious for me to decor up all those little wall segments. Colonists like to go to sleep in them, and if they're not high quality, they'll feel like crap in the morning. I didn't make beds because of upkeep costs. I figured it was more efficient to just let them sleep on the floor of a high quality room. It still gives them +4 happiness, and I don't have to strip mine the earth and clear cut the forests to afford them.

gmkchicago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.