BETA 52B BETA 52B: WE BASICALLY REWROTE ALL THE UI AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Trying out this new experimental. Early game is definitely a lot slower now.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I think that's backwards. 57 should be the # of repair trunks you have, 7 is the # of repair trunks needed each week. I'll double check.

3. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

Another one. Crashing during autosave.
    Strange that that I did not get crashes in the swamp biome. Not sure if it is somehow tied to the biome.

Attached Files:

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Any thoughts on anything other than the crashes or the repair trunks? :D

5. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Interface - not too bad. Still would like to be able to click on the supervisor in building's info panel and be taken to the squad config area.

Trees not growing back :)

Hand symbol not showing up all the time when a workstation finishes it's goods

Soldiers do not seem to be training

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  6. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Nope - for that screenshot, 57 is the number the system thinks it needs and 7 is the number in stock. The former grows rapids when you sneeze at a building :)

My current status - day #36. 3 full time workmen making the basic repair set ...

Capture.PNG

7. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Can the system remember the tasks assigned to modules after a repair. At present, it forgets all the queues.

Mad_Ludvig likes this.
  8. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

The save crash may also have to do with the new living quarters. I only built a low income home in the other biomes (not swamp).

9. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Incoming traders with empty hands

Capture.PNG

Attached Files:

10. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Hi! So. There is, unfortunately, a bug with upkeep. When you build multiple of the same module, instead of adding x upkeep, where x is the upkeep value of that module, it adds (x*number of existing modules of that type) upkeep, making upkeep effectively exponential. This results in upkeep figures massively more than we intended it to be, sorry about that! D:

11. Unforked

Unforked Member

Whew! You guys aren't as sadistic as I thought.:)

12. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

goddaaaammnnn, even when you have enough trunks it still is a mess

13. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

(Nicholas has informed me he will be attempting to do a hotfix.)

Unforked likes this.
  14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

No wonder the numbers are so crazy lol

15. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

I am looking forward to trying this again once a few of these crashes are sorted. I really like the idea of housing being important, although I have not gotten far enough into a game yet this build to be able to see how this system is working out.

16. Selly1

Selly1 Member

There's something odd about the Crowding QOL. When just starting my colony my colonists say it is not crowded, but am getting unhappiness from crowding. Unless I'm misunderstanding what I'm reading?

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

Holy crap... just noticed the 52B announcement screen on the Clockwork Empires twitter feed... the one with the burning people running from something. Look at the looming shadow on the ground. That's got to be Quag'garoth! The giant Obeliskian Old One featured in the 2013 teaser trailer. I have to wake him.

18. Oh, I thought the absurd upkeep was a balance issue, not a bug. I'll probably wait for the hotfix, then. That, or restart in a forest.

Having to build houses to get the workforce I need is also pretty difficult, but that's probably the point. It'll probably be more reasonable once I can use wood and my carpentry team for anything besides upkeep.

19. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

i think the main problem now is how quick they need it and the fact that the trunks are delivered one by one instead of in a stack, now my people are constantly busy delivering trunks

20. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

The repair system has definitely made me build mines much sooner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.