BETA 52B BETA 52B: WE BASICALLY REWROTE ALL THE UI AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tojosan

tojosan Member

As @Bluebird mentioned, "The repair thing is one to ponder - ramps up very quickly - day 5 and I need 35/week", it gets crazy fast. I dropped a game this morning when it got over 60 a week and didn't have enough colonists to keep up. Doesn't help when all your buildings fail at the same time.

2. tojosan

tojosan Member

Farming! Not sure if this change was intentional however in previous builds I could assign an overseer to multiple fields. Now it's one to one.

3. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Move module has gone - was rather useful when rearranging workshops. Any chance of it coming back?

Aaron Righter likes this.
  4. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Lower class rug is being listed as quality -1

Aaron Righter likes this.
  5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I think an interesting tension here is that Repair Chest requirements appear to scale with both buildings and modules (which includes beds), but immigration appears to scale only with houses, regardless of beds. So we have two separate growth curves that intersect at one point, and there's an ideal number of houses / number of beds ratio to be discovered.

Also, to echo opinions earlier in this thread: Repair Chest requirements seem to ramp drastically. This is my early stage colony in its entirety. One Carpentry, one Kitchen, one house, 57 upkeep. Development will be incredibly slow, if I can stay afloat at all. And I'm going to be consuming wood and planks like a mofo. I'm not sure if I want to build more housing to attract more workers, because that's going to make my Repair Chest budget skyrocket, and I don't know if the increased availability of labour will even meet the increased maintenance costs.

shot107.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Unforked and tojosan like this.
  6. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Yup. Not building beds at present, just the houses sized 3x3. However, now a single carpenter can't keep up with the basic repair module volume.

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

Woah, the desert biome was tough before (with the severe lack of wood), but the upkeep system makes it a death wish!

8. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the quality system still incentivizes this. Though the definition of "house" can be changed, but...

Not even this, instead you might consider wall segments (as I have been doing for a while now).

9. tojosan

tojosan Member

Wall segments?

10. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

You never made a wall using 1x8 sized "houses"?

tojosan likes this.
  11. Unforked

Unforked Member

I'm convinced the devs are actively finding ways to stop this exploit.;)

12. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yep, but now it's even more incentivised. That is the cheapest way to get a house, basically minimum squares of area (I think it's 5 or 6?) + 1 door. You get more out of it now.

13. Unforked

Unforked Member

True, I meant I don't think it will forever. But hey, whatever works in the moment!

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It would actually be better if the "upkeep" was mostly changing the repair materials to a simpler unified plan (for modules) so the trunks instead of the previous ones (ie: copper plates or randomly selected from bricks/planks/stone). I can see how a unified and trunk-type works better than the per-module and various items which we had before.

And what's wrong with keeping building materials for building upkeep? A nice summation of needed materials (log/plank/stone/brick etc) would be pretty easy to understand.

Unforked likes this.
  15. tojosan

tojosan Member

Already a few crashes today with 52B. I was having good luck with A once I quit putting buildings adjacent.
    On the balance with repairs. I'm taking the approach of building a huge amount of the basic repair trunk. One workbench just making repair trunks.
    Without new immigrants randomly showing up, I've been able to get quite a stock pile of cooked food.
    Same goes for wood actually.

If we can figure out what causes the crashes I'd have time to explore.... oh and someone turned the bandits into badasses.

16. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Crash, right after I loaded up my save game.

Attached Files:

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

I neglected military in favor of placing all new workers in the carpentry shop - this upkeep thing is a game changer.

Of course when the bandits arrived I struck no deal, because I enjoy chaos. On day six, five of them rushed in being chased by deathwurms AND Fish People. Needless to say everything went to hell in a crazy four way battle, and a couple of bandits died grisly deathwurm and Fish Person deaths (even though I had just denied their existence). I actually lost a game for the first time since I can remember. It was beautiful. :)

Edit: More deathwurms came in and took out the bandits! Why they left ME alone, I'll never know. All my workshops are destroyed, my colonists are seething with rage (why doesn't their despair go up?), but I can rebuild!

tojosan and Manamoo like this.
  18. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Building not occupied got flagged for not working. Illogical :)

Now got 2 carpentry workshops going to keep up with the flood of planks needed. However, managed to get stable colony now, just a bucket load of 3x3 lower and middle class houses - most without beds.

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Ah, I was thinking that the house ownership might have been implemented too. But if that's not the case, then yes, you're probably right.

20. mistrornge

mistrornge Member

Tried a swamp biome map. Not really possible anymore. There just is not enough wood. Maybe if they had bamboo to start with but as is the entire map will be cleared to have a small colony.

Started over in a wintery biome. Crashed fairly quickly

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.