Linux 64-bit Where are the Linux binaries?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by tompkins, Jul 1, 2016.

1. tompkins

tompkins Member

I downloaded the game through Steam on Windows 7 and booted over to Linux to run it. I had read in another thread that this was possible, but upon executing the ./Dredmor script I get "... /Dredmor-amd64: No such file or directory".

I don't plan to install steam on my linux partition, but is that now necessary to get a linux compatible installation?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We don't have a properly working Linux build at the moment, sorry. We will have one by the time we have an official game release.

3. tompkins

tompkins Member

There must be some mistake, I bought Dungeons of Dredmor years ago. What sort of official release?

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

Might have arrived here from the new post page, where the Dredmor bugs look the same as those for the in-beta next game, Clockwork Empires, to which that Linux build status also refers.

I don't know about running Dredmor via shell, but I have clocked plenty of hours running it under wine, perhaps go that way in the interim? Either way the game doesn't require Steam to play.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

OHHH, Wolg is completely right. My apologies. We don't get very many Dredmor posts these days so I thought you were talking about Clockwork Empires.

I'm not quite sure, but I personally have a /Dredmor-amd64 directory in my Windows installation, with files in it?