Official Expansion Pack Beta Thread/1.0.8 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Copycat Zero

Copycat Zero Member

By the way, are there any plans to fix the achievements in the beta client that haven't been updated with all the art and/or are broken one and such?

I guess because it's Steam-side, so it's partially out of your hands, and not a particularly big priority unless you add more achievements to test, but I figured I'd ask.

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The portals are so cruel, I entered one on level 0 for fun and ended up in level 9.
    Nevermind, it was a mysterious dimension.

3. Fax Celestis

Fax Celestis Member

Is Colorblind toggle in 1.08?

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's not forgotten about, but I don't think we hooked it to the configuration screen yet. It'll be there.

5. Null

More bugs. I'll update this as I find them.

Tiles on the edges of rooms, and only specific tiles on them, are dug by spells. One spell I know that can easily dig is Depressing Elemental Blast. Only specific tiles are dug, it's not just a random chance. The terrain is not regenerated when the tiles are dug on the y-axis, but it is on the x-axis.

It's possible to move onto a monster if you just move quickly enough.
    Permanent mines casted on a monster trigger twice at once.

The beam target type still fires through walls even though the tiles don't show.
    Stats that work while transformed seem to stay one turn after the transformation ends
    Sigil of Whatever's paralyze lasts forever. So does the sigil.
    Related to the above is that Ennui stacks infinitely.
    Love will Teleport us Apart has not min cost (intentional?)
    Dampening Field of Angst doesn't seem to cause
    Chicken monsters flee even when they don't detect you.
    Going up and down stairs in the expansion dungeons takes exceedingly long amounts of time
    In "The Pit", stairs generated in the artifact chamber.

These are probably old:
    When the walls are like this: the X in this is uses the wrong tile (with the corner on the right side instead of the left). This at least happened to me in the frozen tileset. This happens as well flipped horizontally.
    ___
    _##
    #X#
    ___

Wand targeting is yet more screwed up. With Handy Wand only able to target the player before, now Stony Wand can only be cast on targets.

Completely unrelated, but a potato said fus roh da and I was all :D

6. Nicholas

You're actually finding secret rooms. :)

7. Null

Hoping that's sarcasm.

8. Nicholas

No! You're actually finding secret rooms. We're just... not doing a very good job of conveying that you're finding secret rooms...

9. Null

I'm still not sure if it's sarcasm or not. Either way they're not. I'm not even casting a spell that can dig and this happens in 95% of rooms defined in either of the default game or expansion, with nothing in them and nothing that seems remotely intended.

Also unrelated but random can still chose deprecated skills (ie deadshot).

10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yay, the mod skilltree problem is fixed! Also, new skills have some fun new mechanics to toy with. Polymorphing will be a trip! :D

11. Nicholas

Null: No, really. Not sarcastic. And so - yes, we need this to be clearer. That said, I wonder if they are triggering for new, weird reasons. Huh.

12. Essence

OK, so I put a starter Hakimachi onto the first Anvil of a game, and it came off with a resist toxic buff -- but no name change. It's still a Hakimachi.

13. Nicholas

That's fine, it's an artifact already. now it's just a better artifact...

14. Null

This is happening in just about every room.
    Some tiles hit by spell effects will randomly disappear. This can trigger from several spells, none of which are digging spells, I don't know all of them at the moment, but I do know that this can be very consistently done with Depressing Elemental Blast, but it can be caused by any spell that can hit walls (But not mines, mines cannot cause it. I wouldn't suggest templated spells that hit multiple tiles but they should work).
    If the tile's right or left side is adjacent to an original tile then the tiles will regenerate, if the top or bottom is then it won't unless the former is true.
    The minimap doesn't show the new walls, and los works oddly with them.

This seems to only happen when there's a few walls in between two sets of floors. This is rarely inside a room, and is almost always between rooms that are near each other. This will only dig inside the boundaries of a room, and never outside. It cannot dig a hole that opens two rooms together, unless they are unconnected (ie no doors directly between them), and they have exactly one tile of wall in between them. This isn't just a random occurrence on each. It will occur 100% of the time on certain tiles and 0% on others. The pattern of walls dug by this seems to be the same on rooms with the same dimensions (such that diggable tiles on the left and potentially side will be the same if the height is the same, disregarding the width). The walls of other rooms can be dug if they can be targeted.

The floor number doesn't seem to have an effect that I can tell.

I'll have to test this a bit more but it should be reproducible based on what I've said. This whole time I've been listening the zoo music while facing a zoo of 90ish nether cubes, and maybe 5 other non-cubes. Yes I did use H4X though, makes it really easy to test stuff.

You can reproduce this by targeting walls with any spell at all.

15. Copycat Zero

Copycat Zero Member

I'm assuming it's already noted that certain of the new skills aren't adding to any of the three Archetypes. I loaded up on all 5 available, plus Archery and Perception, and only have 1 in Warrior and 4 in Rogue, so two of the new skills aren't being counted as anything.

What, precisely, does the first rank of Piracy DO? Extra loot, the description would imply, but I'm not seeing it just yet...? [EDIT] Ah, okay, I just got a "Plunder" notification from hitting a monster. I guess I got some gold, but I can't tell because I don't know how much gold I had before I got the note. I also got a "Green Harvest" proc from Vegan, but I didn't notice an increase to my tofu count or any other item gain.

Just saw a Gnome in the same room as a Diggle -- that is to say, I just had a chance to compare new art to old art. It... doesn't quite mesh. I'm not enough of an art person to describe it in accurate detail, but looking at the two of them side-by-side, it's noticeable that the Gnome was done later/by someone else.

It's a little weird that, as a Vegan, I can eat meat or cheese without penalty (and the effectiveness of said meat or cheese is not reduced), but maybe that comes later in the tree or else isn't implemented yet?

Confirming the "do something that has a special animation to it in Diggle form and you'll momentarily revert back" bug.

So, wands now have charges instead of the entropy system, but they don't change to a burnt out wand when they hit zero?

There's an obstruction that appears to be a small pile of stone debris (smaller than that left behind by a Dredmor statue). Not only does it block movement, but, illogically, it blocks line of sight, as well.

16. Null

Veganism as a restriction is in the definition, but is not yet implemented. At the moment the only true restriction is that attacking in melee animals causes debuffs.
    Wands don't ever turn into a burnt out want, they just can no longer be cast.
    And yes blockers seem to be broken as far as obstruction and visibility go. I noted that a while back.

17. Essence

The 'bones on the floor' decoration on Floor 1 is solid now?

Also, the Powers that Be told me when I asked that the first level of Piracy triggers, but currently doesn't add anything to your gold pile. It'll be fixed before it goes live, of course. :)

18. Copycat Zero

Copycat Zero Member

Something that's been around from the beginning, but you guys mentioned you wanted to look at and take care of (when it came up during the... 1.0.6 beta? I think it was?): There's still a discrepancy with projectiles, like from the Gargoyle traps, and blocking terrain, like walls and such. If you stand behind blocking terrain to the left of a projectile shooter, the terrain will block the projectile. However, if you stand behind blocking terrain to the right of the shoot, it won't block the projectile.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking about: Why is it that the wand doesn't change over to the "burnt out" icon and name when it runs out of charges? It would be more convenient, since you can tell at a glance which wands are useable and which aren't.

And, yeah, I glossed (in the process of looking for the transformation/animation bug) over the bit in your earlier post where you mentioned the stuff on the ground. I didn't even really process that those were supposed to be bones, actually.

19. Essence

Confirming the bug someone on Twitter mentioned: you can totally still get Deadshot from Random. :)

20. Null

I beat you to everything essence :)

Also with the digging bug, it only seems to occur after one level up, or maybe having been to the second floor. Actually I can't get it to work on the first floor but can easily on the second.

And the walking onto enemies is a couple bugs in one group.
    You can additionally cast while you're between two tiles walking and take multiple