BETA 52 BETA 52: DAYS OF BUREAUCRACY AND KNIGHTS OF STEAM

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Advanced bits : no matter how long I leave it, the power saw and advanced metalwork equipment never seems to be built. The bits are in the stockpile - plenty to go around.

and lots of traders going to wrong place or arriving empty handed still. The Trade Post can also sit with good in it to trade even when the traders go away. Demolishing and rebuilding sometimes fixes them arriving at the wrong place but does not clear the phantom goods.

Manamoo likes this.
  2. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Trees : they never seem to grow back nowadays. Ones cut on day 2 are still not back in day 50.

3. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I can't say I have the metalwork equipment problem...haven't quite gotten to that...but the Traders thing...totally get that a lot. I'll be trading and go to propose the deal...and oh too bad it's gone...I had it proposed in 30 seconds...they leave and I have Vodka left in the trade window...it's been like that for a few days now...(in game, not real life...lol)

4. tojosan

tojosan Member

Wait? I was going to come over if you had real vodka. :)

Manamoo likes this.
  5. tojosan

tojosan Member

I've frequently run into that this build. Folks just don't build things. I have a theory though. It's job queueing.

I have a bugged carpentry shop. It only works one workbench at a time regardless. Whichever is top is what it works. Once that is done I get the raised hand but in truth if I select something on that workbench the other won't get worked. I have two additional workers assigned there.

6. tojosan

tojosan Member

I've seen this. What I figured out is the naturalist is game saver. Once that shop is up and running the naturalist plants saplings of different types. If I let them grow back I'm good to go. Try building that shop before ceramics if you can.

Bluebird likes this.
  7. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

LOL! :)

Having the same problems with the Carpentry building, too. I think the plebs are just all lazy! Frontier Justice for them all!! Errr...I mean...ummm...It was fine until I hit the 70+ population mark, then all "Mountains of Madness" broke loose.

Peanut Gallery has a theory (not tested) on getting the people to get the material back...build storage areas along the route...in theory they should drop them off there...then maybe...just maybe come back and get them...I assume (I know what that does) that they take the path of least resistance...and/or the easiest of jobs...lazy sots. We haven't tested the theory, but I'm hoping to play in a few hours and test it out. I'll let you guys know...

If it works it'll be a good troubleshoot until the issue is fixed, if it is a bug...and IF the theory works.

tojosan likes this.
  8. tojosan

tojosan Member

I've been using the remote stores sites to get them to cut wood and mine farther out. It reduces the time for them to cycle. What I may need to do is try having some folks not transport, just mine, forage, and chop down trees.

Manamoo likes this.
  9. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Perhaps I missed it in an update but I never see bandit camps anymore. Have they gone? Useful source of bits in the early stages.

10. tojosan

tojosan Member

I've not actually seen a bandit camp in any of my games. Screenshot?
    And if there is one out there, I'm going on the hunt.

11. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

• Bandits camps do still work.
    • Trees do not regrow, and haven't for quite some time (except for farming!)
    • Traders will drop their goods if they're attacked by hostiles while approaching your colony; this is why they may show up holding nothing. (Although considering that this point isn't made clear in-game, might just turn this off.)

For people who are having a problem building modules:
    Can you attach your savegame to a forum post? It'd be useful to check in on what's going on in your game.

Current working theory is that feedback for why a job isn't being done is the weak point, and that often comes to 'no free workcrew to do construction' or 'minor differences between module requirements and expected requirements' so I suspect that there's a good non-bugged reason, but ... you never know! It'd be good to confirm that this is the case.

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Hmm ... can't ever find their camps - even tents not showing up. I'll look harder but not seen them for 5-6 releases.

Ta. Bit odd they don't, even slowly. And in biomes that you can't grow bamboo even with research, this could limit things late game.

Nope - does not account for some odd things. On one game, I got a "Traders Incoming" message. Clicked on it, saw them approaching with goods in hand. Clicked again and they had no goods. No "Traders fleeing" message - just goods gone. They arrived in formation and not missing any members. No goods dropped on ground and I got the Traders Arrived message.

Think this might also be due to ghost resources. However, queued advanced items like Grinder have sufficient resources and work crew - they just never get built.

13. Unforked

Unforked Member

Has anyone seen the haunted furniture event yet? I'm basically only playing this build so far in hopes of seeing that (because the current commodities wackiness prevents much late game progress). I really want to let a carpenter build a "Great Work".

EDIT: Small thing... Apparently we're not supposed to be able to build a Leyden pistol locker without first having achieved "perfect friendship" with the Stahlmarkians. I only realized that when I made friends with them, saw the Leyden pistol reward, but had already build it long ago.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  14. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

This is the save where my carpenters' started slacking...that's the only building I'm having issues with...but it may be because the logs are far away so they can't get to them...

--side note I thought the trees did grow back...I had a few saplings I swear...I'm not sure on this game, but on previous ones.

Attached Files:

15. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

For those of you not seeing bandit camps: One of the options in the foreign office lets you drop pamphlets of propaganda in their camps. I saw them back in 51 something.

16. tojosan

tojosan Member

@Bluebird @dbaumgart phantom resources are still a problem.
    Saplings are from the Naturalist. I've spotted them planting saplings.

17. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I think it was before I had that building...but all the new games I've started are all bleeding into one...so I could be wrong on that....and my Naturalists are so busy doing the survey's that they almost starved to death...oops...I'm a tyrant...

18. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

1. Check out Beta 52A on the experimental branch! This should be fixed now.
    2. Naturalists will do a "study plant" job on random plants, this is probably what you're seeing.

tojosan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.