BETA 52 BETA 52: DAYS OF BUREAUCRACY AND KNIGHTS OF STEAM

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tojosan

tojosan Member

Any chance the fish people are stealing my inventory? I had an iron bar walk off.

2. tojosan

tojosan Member

Also, not seen this before, but i have lazy citizens. Built iron stove and it sat in inventory for many days. I built second one and they finally placed the first one. Apparently though cots and clothes lines are a priority over food. :)
    Much more stable build overall though.
    Still have invisible buildings. I'll have to get a screen shot.

3. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I noticed that trying to deactivate designating trade goods is not working...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. tojosan

tojosan Member

Had the same problem.

berkstin likes this.
  5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Forbid and reclaim items.

tojosan and Manamoo like this.
  6. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I'll try that, thanks!

7. Braincooler

Braincooler Member

[BUG REPORT]
    I think we've already mentioned this bug, but when we delete a module in a workshop (by example a workbench), it is still visible in the "Buildings modules" window.

8. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

Commodity counts incorrect for planks, iron plates and iron pipes, been waiting days to make things in the ironwork's that i apparently have the goods for, can't find the pipes and plates that I've made anywhere... This is on a longish game with 100 colonists

Attached Files:

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

@Jubbly yeah, looks like I fixed that one for 52A.

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Weren't vicars supposed to start doing sermons again? Mine isn't. Just loads of confessions.

11. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

A few bugs for 52:
    -I think one of the issues relating to commodity count is related to crafting goods with multiple inputs. For example, I ordered steel ingots to be made. Every morning, a worker would grab some iron ingots, place it in the workshop; grab charcoal, place it in the workshop; then go off hunting for chalk. Since chalk was far away, he would not be able to get it and bring it back by the end of the day, so the cycle would start over the following day. I think in this example, the count of iron ingots would go down, but charcoal wouldn't. One solution to mitigate this would be to have a command to bring a good back to civilization or a stockpile. That would allow me to mine far away and still be able to use the goods without waiting for a laborer to happen to bring it to my stockpile.
    -The small iron oven door is still constantly opening and shutting. Also, you should change the name of this module (iron oven) to be consistent with the workshop creation instructions (small iron oven).
    -Had a two colonists stuck in taking confession. They would get to starvation but not die. I marked both for frontier justice - one was able to be killed, but the other's health bar went extremely negative (ie to the end of the map).
    -Any chance on raising the population cap for the next build? I think it would be helpful to test some more of the later game features.

Unforked and tojosan like this.
  12. tojosan

tojosan Member

You know this explains the situation I've had. I have the right ingredients. I see them in inventory. Poof, one of them disappears and I don't have what I was going to make.

Also, I'd like to chime in on fixing the starving colonists.

13. tojosan

tojosan Member

Still an annoyance bug - the invisible workshop. See the bottom left hand corner and my invisible carpentry shop.

Attached Files:

14. Unforked

Unforked Member

I can confirm. This exact scenario has happened to me.

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

The Steam Knight spawned inside my kitchen and it... never left. Just patrolled the inside for all three days, keeping my spices safe. He didn't react to a bandit raid across the colony. Maybe they don't fit through standard doorways?

16. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yep! It is exactly multiple component workshop jobs, and fixed for 52A. Hopefully out Monday.

Will look into the starving colonists tomorrow.

tojosan, Rentahamster and Unforked like this.
  17. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

ooh man, i can't wait

18. tojosan

tojosan Member

Wait... I've figured it out @Nicholas; the colonists have secretly been eating my components instead of the chili stew. :)

19. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

I'm running across the colonists not building the buidlings...think the resources are too far away...I know there's been a lot of posts about this. I am now feeling that pain. LOL I am trying to think my way around it...like building a few buildings closer to the resources...but that said, it'd still be quite the trek from the new building to the one I want them to build. That "lunch break" kind of throws it off, possibly? I noticed the colonists won't even touch the "construct building" task, nor the repair modules...even if I turn off the gathering tasks. They just sit there, idle. While they are idle I sit and yell expletives at the monitor...hoping my voice will get in there head's through mystical means...all I got was an Obleskian attack...((sigh)) ;)

20. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Something else I just noticed, well two things.
    That old graphics glitch with the missing chunks of farmland has reappeared when you build the farm on flattened terrain and then save/load.
    And, fences don't get saved. I built a fence yesterday and it has disappeared since I loaded it today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.