BETA 51E BETA 51E: AGITATED PROGRAMMING NOISES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

This is mainly a hotfix for 51D. I have been told to remove the agitated programming noise from this changelog, so here are some bird noises: *tweet* *twitter* *chirrrp*

Changelog 51E:

- added better UI input handling code for windows that have recently been redrawn. This was causing serious responsiveness issues with offices in 51D
    - food quality of life indicator will now update at the moment after food is eaten OR at midnight after a day in which no food is eaten that day
    - balance: made people slightly less excited about chasing down fleeing enemies
    - FIXED: food and drinks were doubly consumed from the commodity menu when consumed, causing a discrepancy
    - FIXED: if a workshop job is aborted, trash the job and don't attempt to restart/yield it.
    - FIXED: don't let a workshop job start with a deleted module
    - FIXED: some vegetables weren't usable in vegetable related recipes
    - FIXED 51D: Error with Carbine recipe
    - FIXED 51D: some types of low-level food were not counting as food
    - FIXED 51D: offices not working nearly as much as they should
    - FIXED 51D: hunger quality-of-life updates generally working for all possible food input
    - FIXED 51D: iron smelting crucible tooltip said the job required too few inputs
    - FIXED 51D: a number of small tutorial text issues
    - FIXED 51D: scripterror with Stalwart loadout

Fredrik, tojosan, Unforked and 2 others like this.
  2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

The UI input handling code is the fix for the foreign office/trade depot/lab?

3. Nicholas

Yes.

Rentahamster likes this.
  4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It improves responsiveness of those UIs to mouseclicks, yes.

The office workshift on/off state was also fixed.

Rentahamster likes this.
  5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

*thumbs up*

6. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Started a fresh colony with 51E, seems the food issue with QoL is better but I am still running into some weird issues. This is day 5 after moving from the initial food drop of sausages to bread and fungus stew, in the last picture you can see Nellie Cog was unaffected for some reason and even enjoyed the fungus stew.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next day I prepared some sausages and had the following occur.
    [​IMG]
    The lower class colonists seem to remain less effected never dropping below adequate. I have included the save from day 5. Is this intentional as in the middle class colonists QoL drops below adequate if eating lower quality food?

Attached Files:

7. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Also fruit medley stew is only outputting 1 unit.

8. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Cooked meat seems to be working fine
    [​IMG]
    This colonist ate corn chowder
    [​IMG]

9. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

So is caviar tin

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Discrepancy in iron ingots.

Attached Files:

11. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Made it to day 20 before I stopped last night, and with regards to the QoL hunger it was strange sometimes when the colonists would eat it would update to very well fed after 4 days of hunger, and sometimes it wouldn't this seemed regardless of the food they ate, though fungus stew did seem to have the least impact. Though in 51E I did not have any colonist drop below the -3 underfed and upset hunger QoL.

12. Jacq

Jacq Member

I had a cabbage farm that people just refused to continue working in. I switched it between a few different overseers and neither would acknowledge it existed. I don't think they were too unhappy to work because they were doing other jobs just fine. Destroying the farm and building it somewhere else "fixed" it in that my people stopped starving to death, but I don't know what made them stop "seeing" the first cabbage farm.
    20160608000219_1.jpg

I also had a guy go waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy over to the corner of the map to pick up some inexplicable lacquer.
    20160607234446_1.jpg

Thirdly... I have the vague feeling that my clicks are less responsive? Nothing I can really quantify but it feels like this update made it suddenly (and frustratingly) more difficult to click on buildings or people and have their little menus pop up. It is possible this is entirely in my head but it's making me scream quietly to myself so I thought I'd mention it.

Tarod likes this.
  13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

For some reason, the supply drops are dropping on the other side of the map.

Attached Files:

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

CRASH

Attached Files:

15. boredom00

boredom00 Member

Looks like in 51E i cannot simply switch between workshop windows anymore but have to close the previous one before i can open anything new.
    The colonist window works fine though.

Attached Files:

Tarod likes this.
  16. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Just wanted to check, but the fact that removing production modules from a workshop doesn't make the workshop UI update to reflect the removal is a known bug?

I added in two new workbenches into a carpentry just to speed up some production, then removed them again later and the UI still lists the two workbenches as being present and assignable for orders.

Happened in all colonies where I've removed production modules from the carpentry, but not tried other types of workshop.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  17. dbaumgart

2. I think it is that you must close a building's window before opening a new one rather than clicking on a new building implicitly closing the old window and opening the new one. We've got the issue logged.

Yup. (There are bugs being fixed deep within the UI code which may have altered the behaviour into this. Don't worry, we'll clean it up!)

Edit: Oh yeah, logged the 1-output food jobs into OC-4993.

Jacq likes this.
  18. VonKlein

VonKlein Member

Any idea on what might still be going on with QoL indicator for hunger?

19. Nicholas

Jacq: can I get a save game for your busted farm, please?

20. dbaumgart

Working on new feature dev right now and haven't had time to dig into feedback about that. It'll need better balancing and more expressive feedback, basically. One thing to note is that Middle Class characters have higher food quality expectations than the Lower Class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.