BETA 51C BETA 51C NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL: OFF WE GO AGAIN

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Beta 51C of Clockwork Empires has now been pushed to the experimental branch on Steam.

Beta 51C major changes

• workshift system redone: shifts now generally set by assignment to buildings
    • * the Barracks has received a day/night shift control
    • every item in the game now uses the new stacking pickup code, so production should be much faster on large items.
    • improvements to the clarity of Quality of Life indicators.
    • enemies no longer drop weapons (in preparation for the New Weapon System system in future builds)
    Consolidated changelog for Beta 51C

adjusted Bandit combat decision balance slightly
    balance: lowered bandit desire to smash buildings
    workshop Quality of Life value updated when assigned/unassigned from workshop
    added alerts for Foreign Intervention events
    added "Hermit" and "Gregarious" traits
    added Grenade Launcher icon
    added more icons to hunger Quality of Life for greater expression of granularity
    added Day/Night workshift control button to Barracks
    work shifts are now assigned per-building instead of directly controlled by the player. rest breaks are now more evenly spread out in most buildings' schedules.
    removed "Roast Coffee Beans" from workbench (it's still on the oven)
    added EVERY WORKSHOP RECIPE IN THE GAME to the new multi-item pickup code.
    removed "make/assemble" etc from all workshop recipe names
    "Palmerstoke's Choice" loadout now includes lacquered planks
    re-enabled chair/standing desk display on relevant offices
    balance: roughly halved time to construct buildings
    balance: added cap (1/3 of a day) on time to construct a building
    balance: bandits/foreigners no longer drop free weapons for you
    FIXED: consume_food will no longer leave data in the game spatial dictionary. (In general, if bogus data IS in the Spatial Dictionary, we just clean it up and move on rather than screaming out a giant terrible script error.)
    FIXED: memories will no longer blank out after save/load
    FIXED: persistent events are now persistent enough to consistently persist through save/load.
    FIXED: kitchen workbench and metalworks workbench did not display some recipe commodity names
    FIXED: mineshaft now displays its full name in UI
    FIXED: foreign traders will now flee the map if their leader is attacked (at all); this should fix 'stuck' traders unable to arrive at depot due to their leader lacking trade goods
    FIXED: various text re. "Mechanique" vs "Mecanique" and "L'Autodictatuer" consistency
    FIXED: various typos and incorrect descriptions
    FIXED: "Harvest Coffee Beans" job renamed "Roast Coffee Beans"
    FIXED: Naturalists will now increment skill when performing naturalism work
    FIXED: smelting brass ingots wanted "timber" rather than "fuel"
    FIXED: Swamp Grass had no description
    FIXED: plank output display was half of what it should be
    FIXED: alert title for full Diplomatic Points was incorrect
    FIXED: cash crops as trade goods consistency
    FIXED: if you attempt to send Bandits false information but no bandits exist, alert will inform you of this fact
    FIXED: several crash fixes
    FIXED: Rum distilling (was brewable)
    FIXED: Mezcal recipe
    FIXED: brewing and distilling jobs now add to cooking skill
    FIXED: scrollable elements now properly detect mouseover states.

2. W1Z25

W1Z25 Member

"every item in the game now uses the new stacking pickup code, so production should be much faster on large items.
    balance: roughly halved time to construct buildings
    balance: added cap (1/3 of a day) on time to construct a building"

so this should mean building will be alot faster?

3. No more weapon drops? Well, I'm screwed!

dbaumgart likes this.
  4. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Build a few foreign offices and try your best to get Stahlmarkian supply drops. If that's still in the game.

5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Take comfort in knowing we're getting a Grenade Launcher! Well, at least an icon for it.:D

6. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Haha, no more building my 81-square house for like a 10 shift marathon.

This actually makes really large walls segements quite handy, since you move two stacks of materials and then hammer for only 1/3 of a day max....

Better yet, just Forage the bandit tents, unless that is removed...

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I've just resorted to overlapping my beds with each other, heh.

Do they still build tents? Every time bandits spawn, they immediately make a beeline for my town and attack. That's probably because I always choose to go hostile with them though.

8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Refined food is only making 1 farmer's stew. Or is that on purpose so that I have to unlock it via the Republic faction ?

9. Wolg

Wolg Member

Refined food also takes zero time to cook; intended?
    Possibly they were on their way to set up on the opposite side of your settlement to where they spawned, attacking opportunistically when they saw you?

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Tea-time makes sense and all, but an extra little alert icon on the main screen for that might be helpful to drive home what's happening.

11. Unforked

Unforked Member

Both my autosaves have gone kablooie. This is from a fresh 51C start, not carried over. The game is paused after load, but when you unpause everything is still frozen. You also can't quit without ending task. No dmp file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  12. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks, logged as OC-4954!
    Also OC-4954! Almost certainly the same issue.

13. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Uh oh. Checking your saves out now.

I suspect it's a workshop job breaking in a very unfortunate manner so I'm double-checking all active jobs at the time of freezing. Found some other errors which causes other problems (notably Bricabrac output always being 1 but also being instant). Not sure if related to the freeze.

(Would be really neat to have a console from before these frozen saves, but not sure that that's easy to arrange. Will ... keep digging.)

14. Unforked

Unforked Member

It happened again with a brand new game. Here's a console if it helps. Trying to quit seems to blow up my computer for awhile. It feels like a memory leak, but I don't know much about these things.

Attached Files:

15. millig11

millig11 Member

Same issue with the permanently paused situation. Mine also froze and then crashed when I tried to quit without saving the game.

Attached Files:

16. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

do smelting crucibles get made now?

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

Ok, this time the game just did the pause thing during normal play out of the blue, without me trying to load. Unfortunately I can't really tell what I did before it happened. Here's another console (don't have a save because I didn't try this time). Posted a replay in case that helps.

(Sorry if I'm spamming the thread, but this seems like a biggy.)

Attached Files:

18. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yep, there's something wrong with loading the game. Whenever I try to do that, the game freezes after a couple seconds like it's paused, and then can only be forced closed.

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Getting heavy CPU usage. Experiencing slowdown like before, at 50 pop.

Attached Files:

20. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

I've had the bandits attack me minutes after they show up in two different 51C games that I've started. Quite annoying since I usually only have 1 soldier in training by the time they show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.