BETA 51B HOTFIX NOW IN MAIN BRANCH AND EXPERIMENTAL BRANCHES

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A second hotfix for Beta 51, entitled Beta 51B, has now been pushed to both branches of Steam. It should, hopefully, be backwards-compatible with old save games. This fixes a number of issues with Beta 51; future work at this point looks like it will break saves and will be more experimental in nature, and as such it will move to the experimental branch on Steam.

Changelog:

• blueprint design mode will now hide all assignment beacons; regular mode will now turn them back on again
    • moved "Clear Terrain" jobs into the building construction job if they are automatically spawned by building construction
    • assignment of workcrew to service job should adjust their work schedule appropriately
    • optimized code from widget manager which greatly speeds up work crew menu
    • balance: reduced sleep time
    • balance: adjusted relationship of happiness to work shifts
    • balance: adjusted output of stone from surface nodes
    • balance: slightly increased nighttime sight radius
    • FIXED: "Make stone smelting crucible" now moved over to new multistack system
    • FIXED: picking up a multistack from the stockpile now correctly decrements the stockpile counter
    • FIXED: more cleanup of phantom objects
    • FIXED (OSX): crash on embark screen whenever you generate an ocean biome
    • FIXED (OSX): crash in rendAssignmentBeacon handler
    • FIXED (OSX): some other misc. crashes
    • FIXED: talking to fishperson could freeze colonist (temp. removed this job)
    • FIXED: long clothes line required 1 less bricabrac than advertised
    • FIXED: tutorial would appear after game start; it no longer does
    • FIXED: workers will no longer try to walk to be near their overseer if their overseer is in an underground mine and therefore technically off-map
    • FIXED: fence icons
    • FIXED: typo in work quality of life description
    • FIXED: if you chopped down a burning tree, it would leave a fire in its place forever
    • FIXED: mine products display is more readable
    • FIXED: "make tin exotic caviar" job for workbenches, removed from ovens
    • FIXED: players should not be attacked before they finish the tutorial
    • FIXED: "make chemistry workbench" job
    • FIXED: Moved brick kilns and iron smelting crucible to multiobject system (should fix build failure)
    • FIXED: steel ingots looking for wrong object
    • FIXED: Foreign office wasn't displaying building quality correctly
    • FIXED: Public House crash
    • FIXED: Pulque icon
    • FIXED: in certain rare cases items given to player by events would not be set as owned by player
    • FIXED: perennial crops would only output harvest once
    • FIXED: characters would sometimes not work during the first shift of their workshift

2. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Ummm...still having that foundation issue. Was fine with 51A. Restarted a new game for 51B and first building, no foundation. Save file is attached.

Attached Files:

3. Nicholas

There are still foundation issues in 51B, yes. I didn't touch the building code because I didn't want to run the risk of pushing a hotfix to the main branch which would break people's saves. Still, let me have a look at this...

Manamoo likes this.
  4. berkstin

berkstin Member

Will this address the "no pop-ups" issue some of us have been having?

5. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

No problems. Like I said, it isn't often that it happens...but yeah, I'd rather have to reload a previously saved game than have it accidentally broken. I need my Clockwork Empires!!

Started a new game...so far, so good. =)

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

I've seen you post this a couple of times and I'm curious. Do you still get the little info indicator tabs on the right of the screen below the minimap? Most of the old popups were moved there a few builds ago, including major events like meeting bandits or fishpeople for the first time. I accidentally miss them like 75% of the time. Really wish the big events were still proper pop ups.

Tikigod likes this.
  7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

This.

<Returns to lurking>

8. Nicholas

Events are still missed too often, yes. I think Daniel is going to add a small flashing alert to the side that will go away once you mouse over it, and I don't think an audio cue would hurt either.

9. berkstin

berkstin Member

I will look but I have been pretty vigilant and as far as I can tell events relating to bandits, fishpeople and the like ONLY show up in the history window.

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I think I still couldn't build an iron smelting crucible. Will double check.

11. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yeah it's not building...unless I'm missing something. This is a save carried over from 51A, BTW.

Attached Files:

12. So I've noticed that out of all the things you can shoot and kill, Selenians are the only ones without a way to do so proactively. By which I mean that when you click on or drag an area over one, there's no "Shoot Selenians" command available. It kinda bugs me when there's a swarm of them and my daring lads and lasses in red and brown let a few of them go to continue their ineffable evil elsewhere.

13. Unforked

Unforked Member

I don't even really understand the Selenians enough to know if their behavior is bugged. All they seem to do is spawn seeds and multiply. Seems like they should attack, or something? No clue. My military always goes pretty hard at them though, even without a kill command.

14. ianmacdo

ianmacdo Member

No luck builing powered saw even though I have all the ingredients too.
    i did manage to make the iron smelting crucible though.

15. I'm pretty sure they attack my guys, but I'd have to keep an eye on them next time they happen.

16. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Yup - Iron Smelting not being build and stops all other work

Traders still dropping stuff in wrong place. Tried demolishing then building a new trade dept but no avail

No research going on in the laboratory?

Capture.PNG

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  17. Unforked

Unforked Member

Zora Digger was determined to make those steel ingots. Not even death by smelting crucible could slow her resolve. (This started before the hotfixes, steel does in fact work now... it was just too late for poor Zora.)

Steel willed.jpg

Jacq likes this.
  18. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It IS possible to build but it builds really slowly (and there's no failure message if an ingredient is missing). Two things are being done here, 1. moving it to the multi-item stack ingredient system which will make assembly much faster and 2. failure messages will be added so that if ie. an ingredient can't be found, the workshop will tell you that this is the case rather than not.

If alerts aren't showing up at all for you, then there's a problem. Bandits spawning/attacking, fishpeople patrols, etc. DO generate visible alerts -- though they could be more visible and that's a polish item we have in mind -- ... on Windows, at least.
    So are zero alerts appearing on the right under the minimap?

19. An odd thing happened when I checked on a mine: 20160526141441_1.jpg

20. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

From saved game from 51A? If you build a new mine it should rebuild the UI correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.