BETA 51A HOTFIX NOW IN TESTING

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A hotfix for Beta 51, entitled Beta 51A, has now been posted to the Experimental Branch on Steam. Please test it and let me know if it improves matters; if so, I will roll it to the main branch today.

(There will probably be at least one more hotfix as we get the lumps out.)

Changelog:

FIXED: Make Copper Plates job
    FIXED: Make Wooden Altar job
    FIXED: memories and emotions hanging midair, predominantly for people with multi-monitor setups
    FIXED: hitting esc to back out of a module recipe selection screen would leave the UI in a state of purgatory where literally anything you did next would crash the game.
    FIXED: clicking on the trade depot crashes the game
    FIXED (hopefully): phantom items occasionally left on the ground during stacking, building workshop transformation operations
    FIXED: q and e are now bound hotkeys for camera moving left and right, rather than hardcoded
    FIXED: Make chemistry workbench job
    added "-opengldebug" command flag to return additional OpenGL debug information; please use this and send us the results if you are experiencing crashes on startup!

If you are on a crashing AMD or OS X machine, please pass "-opengldebug" to the game as a starting parameter (you can do this on Steam) and send me the console file! I have a few ideas about how to work around broken drivers on these machines but I need more information. Thank you!

2. berkstin

berkstin Member

Here ya go.

Attached Files:

3. berkstin

berkstin Member

Here's another one - I removed the "-opengldebug" command, created a new world, started a game, and got a crash when I declined the tutorial.

Attached Files:

4. Nicholas

(Working on the OS X situation right now! Hang tight!)

berkstin likes this.
  5. berkstin

berkstin Member

Awesome, thanks. Just played a decent length session without any issues aside from the no pop-ups thing.

Also seemed like my iMac's fan was working extra hard...?

6. Nicholas

Interesting. I still get a large series of crashes starting a new map on OS X on any biome containing an ocean, and a handful of other issues. So... I dunno.

Yes, your Mac's fan is probably stressed. We do a lot of rendering. :)

7. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

We have seen frequent crashes at starting a new map pretty much since the new embark points were implemented.

8. berkstin

berkstin Member

Oh, yeah, the startup crashes. Those have been going on so long I kind of forgot about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.