BETA 51 BETA 51: Frontier Living in Interesting Times

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Holy crap, a new version, and CE has entered Beta, to boot! Congratulations, Devs. I realize I can't actually know what it's been like, slugging it out in the code-mines, but I feel like I've been peripherally involved in helping raise a difficult child.

Enjoy your long weekend! I just might be spending mine eating pizza and playing Clockwork Empires.

Unforked likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I eagerly await the usual videos.

3. Jacq

Jacq Member

Grats on the beta!

I'm also getting invisible floors
    20160522100016_1.jpg
    And another odd rendering glitch where some of the memories show up "blank", so you hover over them to see what they are (only "making a friend" or "suck up to positive" as far as I can tell). Then the lil popup hangs out forever.
    20160522110055_1.jpg

Finally, I had a guy get totally stuck, even though he has plenty of space to walk, either between the cots or through unbuilt cots.
    20160522110951_1.jpg 20160522111047_1.jpg
    edit: wrong ss. fixed now.

Dunno if it will help, but I attached the save with all three errors (invisible floor, stuck colonist, menu-that-won't-go-away)

Attached Files:

4. Nicholas

FIXED: crash clicking on trade depot. Will push hotfix once everything else needing to be hotfixed is hotfixed.

Rentahamster and Stranger like this.
  5. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Just when I thought I was out...Guess Ill have to take this for a test drive tonight.

Questions: Are the quantities reported by the commodities menu reliable now? Also, did that forge breaking error with the copper plates get fixed? That was brutal. Im having trouble picking either of these out in the patch notes.

6. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Carpenter workers are getting stuck while building chemistry workbenches. They take the logs and glass bottles to the carpentry workbench, and then just stare at it.

Attached Files:

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

Just got this too. Hoping this gets hotfixed, since lacquered wood is pretty important

8. Congrats on going through the Beta line, guys!

I've got a few issues to report:

- Sometimes the tooltip that describes why a certain emotion (happiness, etc.) is at a given level stays on after closing down the character window.
    - I just started a quick game and I have build works that stay unassigned for several days on. I am unsure if what is the reason for them getting stuck - lack of materials or components maybe? I am attaching a saved game.
    - I can't figure how to add jobs to a workshop queue. The help screen for the carpentry workshop shows two entries on the queue, but I can't find any UI control for enqueuing jobs.

Attached Files:

9. Nicholas

Good evening! Sooooo...

1) This has been fixed! There will be a hotfix tomorrow.
    2) Lack of materials and components, plus there is currently a rendering bug that is causing some deleted objects to reappear in game (and seems to be new as of Revision 50D) Thanks for the save; I will double check my findings here.
    3) The tutorial UI is probably out of date. Right now, jobs are one workshop module per job. So if you want to have two carpentry jobs queued up, build two carpentry workbenches! (And plan space in your workshop accordingly.)

Yes, we can hotfix the carpentry workbench, I'll see that it's done tomorrow.

Miquel Ramirez, Unforked and Marcin like this.
  10. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Deleted production modules (in this case a stone kiln in the ceramics workshop) still appear in the production queue, and can still accept limited production assignments, even though they are not visibly present. Assigning them production will stall all production in the shop. They also still contribute to -Quality.

11. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

I'm not sure if this is what you were referring to with that rendering bug, but I was trying to figure out some mysterious work stoppages, and it appears as if there is still a discrepancy between reported items and actual items in this build. However as opposed to 50x, it appears the commodities menu is more or less accurate, and you cannot trust the items that you visually see.

In the attached save game, you'll notice my production in the carpenty shop has ground to a halt, and the bunkhouse in progress cannot get enough wood even though the area surrounding the colony is virtually littered with highlightable logs.

Once I assigned more trees to be cut down, production resumed, but it's clear I actually have far fewer logs than those I can count.

Attached Files:

12. Nicholas

Yep - so we're actually now triggering an *ancient* issue where deleted items were sometimes left around after they were supposed to be in a stack. I'm guessing this has been here since the start of the stack code, and nobody has noticed until this build because now - gasp! - you're actually burning through enough logs! The logs in question are actually deleted on the game side, and should have been deleted on the rendering side.

Anyhow. So here is a list of things that are fixed:

- trade menu crash
    - crafting wooden altar job
    - crafting copper planks job
    - menus getting stuck on the screen when hitting ESC in mood menu, production menu

Things I am hotfixing:

- chemistry workbench crafting
    - this rendering chicanery
    - adding a display to modules indicating what thing they are out of for their currently assigned job.

Once those are done, we will be pushing a hotfix 51A to the main branch tomorrow. (Turnaround is a bit slow due to the long weekend.)

Selly1, Fredrik, Jacq and 2 others like this.
  13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

You guys sure do work hard. Impressive ;)

14. BillyBabel

BillyBabel Member

deleting a building crahses the game, also for some reason my carpentry shop has stopped producing anything at all and I'm not sure why.

Attached Files:

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, I feel like a vacation is in order for the Gaslamp team. Or at least an "unusual" alcohol party.:D

16. Nicholas

So I actually have thrown an "unusual" alcohol party in previous years, where guests are encouraged to bring an alcoholic beverage that is... well, edifying, if not necessarily good. Previous year's winning beverages have included:

- pine tree liquor
    - eaux de vie from one of those bottles with the pear that is grown in the bottle
    - Cynar, the artichoke aperitif (still in my fridge)
    - arak fatra, the national liquor of Lebanon, which turns white when you add water to it
    - a teapot full of vodka
    - green chartreuse
    - soju, the mysteriously odorless, tasteless, and really quite good alcohol of South Korea
    - an alcoholic beverage that was labelled as "favoured by elephants", but we all read it as "flavoured by elephants" for the course of the evening and were wondering HOW...
    - Slivovitz, which was so awful it made its way into Dredmor
    - my notes just read "a blue, milk-based death concoction"
    - The Crystal Skull (which is a good, albeit overpriced vodka)

and many more! So... yeah, I dunno if my liver can handle the heady days of pre-Dredmor development.

17. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I've already started on mine. Friend's bday part tonight weeeee.

Good stuff. Especially when you play the Korean drinking game called Titanic.

Unforked likes this.
  18. Unforked

Unforked Member

That is easily the best idea for a party I've ever heard.

For some reason I'm most fascinated by the artichoke apertif. Really compelled to try that.

19. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Billy, see my reply in post #31 for a possible clue

20. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Tell me about it. Since brickabrac happened the carpentry workshop has become a huge bottleneck. I can't even imagine trying to keep building quality up in a non wooded embark location. My colonists are deforesting so aggressively, I keep expecting a bunch of pissed off Ents to come charging out of the woods ( will probably be an actual feature at some point.)

"They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers, curse them!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.