ALPHA 50C ALPHA 50C: WE WILL MASTER THESE EMOTIONS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Well all production is handled the same way so it all suffers from the same bug.
    Yes, that's what is happening. And the outcome isn't what you would expect from the order you placed, so it's a problem.

2. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

It's a problem now, it's a big problem when you have batch jobs and one module is significantly more effective than the others.

I will say that internal tests of the system have felt very good :)

3. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Apologizes about my lack of english really !

yes i m talkin about surproduction problem. Not specialy about planks.
    Nicholas don t use power saw. It seems delete the problem if you have one, add with several classic carpentery bench.
    Just plug 3 x basics carpentery bench to observ the failure..( without power saw )
    This causes a kind of gear demand. Moderate by workers activities or ponctual breaking bench.

Edit : it s happen too for glass planes, bottles or lacquer planks. And without several bench or oven. But it s different way. for Example in command list there s 30 / 100, in stockpile there s 48 units. And bottles particulary have extraordinary exponential factor.

I understand perfectly scheduling system.
    If I did not understand how it worked is that there is a real problem effectively. But it s not the one i m talkin about initialy.
    From what I observed, the less demanding objects resources are processed first. It is an implacable logic: if I do not have enough nominal ressouces as wood and boards. We must start with the boards whatever its place in the list. This is understandable.

Beyond that, I can still change the scheduling of my original list with the arrows to the most important pieces afterwards. What upsets power and the logic of core processes.
    And here friends are right, it is tedious to have to regulate this law at least called. ( may be not a good translation ... "less called" may be ? ) Less by building ressources, i don t talk about less furnitures request.

But indeed more than a suproduction problem, that i would say is, for a new player, psychological approach is : if this kind of small thing is not clear and clean at start; and carpentry is one of the first module, this leaves a dubious shadow over everything else.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  4. And now I feel like the ultimate scrub because I've never even seen a power saw and don't know how to make one :(

5. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Module icone => Small "All modules" icone on top left

6. See, I thought you had to unlock the ability to make it in a metalworks or something and it was either not implemented yet or required some advanced stuff I never got to because I almost never get to the point where I can set up a science lab.

7. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Don t think so. You have it with 50 C. Alavaria & Unfork think it s not working, but if you read Nicholas, he seem said the invers, i use power saw, and it seems to me working for planks.
    It s writing in pop up object, that it suppose to be obtain in metal workshop, It will be for the futur certainly. But actualy you can plug them everywhere for low cost of 1 plank.

There is a bit of anything around, and what worries me is that Nicholas does not seem to see it. and if I understand Daniel, their internal testing them seemed good. I hope he does not speak to this version !

8. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Seems the power-saw was hooked up but not completely integrated as it's:
    • Only in the "all modules" section
    • Still at the "it has no use" price of 1 plank
    • Is still built on site?
    • Was never mentioned in changelogs yet

9. Unforked

Unforked Member

Since all workshop code was rewritten anyway, it seems prudent to wait and see how that turned out. Some of the "power" modules are meant for inputting/outputting stacks of commodities -- the powersaw works in this build, but not as intended. New build will likely come very soon.

dbaumgart likes this.
  10. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

it was what I assumed. At least it avoids the problem of suproduction from multiple bench s carpenter.

11. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

All the super-high-end modules are basically waiting on a balance and implementation pass. It's on my to do list, though I can't say for sure when exactly that'll be.

12. Unforked

Unforked Member

So quiet in here...

Friday the 13th is the perfect day for a 50D! (maybe)

Selly1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.