ALPHA 50B ALPHA 50B: THE QUEST FOR STABILITY

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Alpha 50B has now been pushed to both the Main and Experimental Branches on Steam. It fixes some things interfering with the enjoyment of Alpha 50/50A.

FIXED: All perennial crops required 2-3x the intended amount labor to grow
    FIXED: ALL buildings should now accept bamboo as a timber source in addition to logs
    FIXED: building destruction would nerve-staple overseer (as far as being re-assigned to a new workshop was concerned)
    FIXED: scripterror in "Colonists denounce cowardice"
    FIXED: various small typos
    FIXED: cabbage field had incorrect description
    FIXED: starting clay and stone positions follow player start location correctly now
    FIXED: enemies will no longer attack unfinished buildings
    FIXED: starving colonists will no longer forage lacquer to eat
    FIXED: cleaned up despawn calls on non-player agents
    FIXED: defeated enemies will no longer attack buildings
    FIXED: saving after fleeing traders will cause the save to corrupt

2. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Seems appropriate. :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Viion likes this.
  3. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

Has anyone noticed whether their NCO gains experience? I am currently on day 13 and he is still 'inept' at the art of war, with 4 redcoats under his command.

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Check and see if they are going the "Conduct Military Training" job, that is the one which gives them experience.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

This, although honestly they should get some experience if they shoot something. D&D has conditioned us so. Will discuss this tomorrow w/others.

Samut, Viion and Rentahamster like this.
  6. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

And/or perhaps accruing points or medals or something for every kill they get? Could be used as just a novelty point score, or maybe a side progression thing.

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Hmm, when farming Green Bamboo, the farmers have been seen walking off for a bit (while still having the farming job) and then walking back and farming a bit more.

[​IMG]

8. Viion

Viion Member

Shame on you all!!!

I nearly choked on my coffee while eating breakfast because I broke down in hysterical laughter and nostalgia. nerve stapling the overseers and a "kill to level" D&D reference in one and the same thread? One or the other... two in the same is just hazardous on a Tuesday morning.

Johnny C likes this.
  9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

For some reason the Prickly Pear cannot be cooked (basic food).

10. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

My guess is it's because it's missing the tag "basic_cookable" in the food.edb file. Any dev want to comment? :)

I am gonna test it myself if I can find a damn prickly pear, heh.

11. Samut

Samut Member

Also, every time we kill a Fishperson, we should receive 500 electrum pieces and a Bag of Holding.

12. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Bah, electrum is the milquetoast of currencies. Like a D&D half-dollar. Make up your mind, are you silver or gold? Everyone know the truly wealthy Wizard rolls with a sack full of platinum.

Johnny C likes this.
  13. Viion

Viion Member

Tell the Shar'dama Ka and his Damajah that electrum is less precious than gold :)

14. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

Yes they were. It was all very odd. I checked before I posted, and then went back and loaded my save game. A few minutes later, I checked and the NCO was then at 'middling' skill. Oh well. I shall blame the whole thing on the insidious cultists.

15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

That's great. I'll point out a similar situation occurs with wood, but only really if you happen to land in a desert area...

16. So is building repair possible at all at this point or is it basically "Just hope bandits/fishpeople/invaders don't take a liking to your barracks"?

17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It's more "make sure you have planned ahead with an extra barracks".

Repairing though, isn't in yet.

18. Seems, uh... kind of poor planning on the team's part.

19. I've noticed that my ceramics team is stuck in a continuous brick ceramics kiln-building loop: They'll gather stone block after stone block but never actually progress to the next step. This has been going on for literal weeks of gametime.
    EDIT: They *just* finished one of them, but it took a suspiciously long time to get everything together.

20. Wish my colonists would got the bloody barber and get healed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.