Alpha 48D ALPHA 48D IS NOW IN THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH ON STEAM

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Strange one - the RNG gave me terrain where there was no way up the cliffs - when a colonist tried to get to the desert area, they froze at the base. I tried flattening land to no avail.

Small quirk and never had it before.

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've encountered a bug, but they may be my own fault - this is a continuation of a 48D save file I started before the hotfix, and then continued after the hotfix.

Nevertheless, everything was going fine for a long time after resuming the save, post-hotfix, but at some point colonists stopped hauling and installing modules. The regular business of harvest and cooking and fighting goes on, modules are being constructed normally, but none are being hauled where they need to go and none are being built. I've let the job queue clear itself out, and for the most part, all that remains are the construction jobs that aren't being completed.

shot092.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

75% sure its after.. i played from 22:15 CET to around 02:00 CET, game had to update before launch.

4. Looks like Bluebird has the same problem of not being able to get colonist up cliffs. Is this the new biome generator causing a problem?

5. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Yup - tried another new game and same problem. Can't really proceed as Zinc is only up on the desert plain. Plus trader and bandits come from there and also get stuck.

6. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Youch. Try the Stakhlmark "surplus ore" thing (it scales with your population though, larger population = more ore) as it is a crate drop.

The map should have a little path up, wonder if this is one of the things that was specifically coded for since in the past I remember seeing plenty of those dirt trails or whatever that go between levels.

7. Wolg

Wolg Member

• Workshop product queues, if they have a scrollbar, will jump to the top when items in the queue are reordered (and I suspect also if the quantity is changed, which makes changing the count of things down the list time-consuming).
    • Game bombed a fair way into the session when I tried to make a standing order; files to follow if this isn't a known crash.

8. berkstin

berkstin Member

There is something hinky with the high desert area. 2 groups of merchants have spawned up there but never come down to trade. Also I have had 2 bandits decide to join me, but they too have stayed up there; one I assigned to my soldiers and he has been fighting occasionally but won't respond to rallies.

I WAS able to get colonists up onto the cliffs to forage some crates, but it does not seem to have forged a path for those on the cliffs to come down.

Aside from that it's been pretty smooth. I had an interesting "eldritch event"!!!

Attached Files:

9. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Can't reproduce this in your save game. You don't have any modules which match the constructions you have placed; as soon as I make some more Practical Beds, they're delivered and installed correctly.

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hinkiness is known: we forgot to move some data over. Daniel is doing this now.

berkstin likes this.
  11. I'm finding that crews will say they're assigned to forage, but they will not actually be foraging; instead they'll be performing actions as if they had no assignments. This seems to happen if a lot of forage jobs are set up at once and all but one or two of them are finished.

12. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

Having the same issue, except my people cannot get up the cliffs either. I ran my militia along the cliffs, and it LOOKS like there are no up and down areas being created at all in my game.

13. I noticed this oddity:
    20160318014159_1.jpg
    Apparently the dead are still angry even after being buried.
    Related, dead people show up in my colonists list, which isn't all that helpful.

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Foraging is a workgroup-per node thing. If a crew of 5 is taking on a job which has only 1 bush left, only 1 person can forage.

Doesn't matter if there are other forage jobs, one crew takes on 1 job (a bush is only in one workjob)

15. Samut

Samut Member

Angry dead people should be a thing in this game. But on purpose, not due to goofy code.

16. What I mean is that it will say the workgroup is set to forage, but nobody in the workgroup will actually be foraging despite being labeled as having that job.

17. People are getting frozen in place and dying of starvation again, but not "walking in place forever," just literally "stuck in the middle of a pose forever."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.