Alpha 48D ALPHA 48D IS NOW IN THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH ON STEAM

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We regrettably inform you that it is Alpha 48D. Here are the terrible changes:

- modified work shift box to sync visual refresh with processing of button click
    - buttons now respect padding as if they were container buttons
    - changed main window text ticker to have three sizes, default is middle size
    - added confirmation dialog on changing work crew times (will add a "don't show this again" option later)
    - modified config file code to write out changes to the file when a variable is changed rather than on exit to avoid the - issue where an unsafe exit would lose changes
    - reorganized colonist list to be more compact, have a bit more functionality, and be more of a "white pages" for - colonists.
    - alerts rewrite as part of ongoing UI organization to make way for Fun.
    - alerts now batched by type to cut down on spam. When targets for zoom are batched into an alert, repeated clicks - will cycle through zoom targets
    - left click and right clicks swapped on the alerts. this is intentional, and is going to be a little weird for the first bit, sorry!
    - alerts corresponding to player choices are now separate from those not. Pop-up events cut back to fall in line with future plans for content.
    - alerts now have varying degrees of importance, with pop-out detail windows replacing the huge tooltips which vary in detail and size corresponding to the importance of the alert. more important alerts also have different button art.
    - added floating alert for revolting workcrews
    - shorted some UI sounds slightly
    - added "shoot bandits" command to bandits
    - FIXED: construction materials dropped by re-assigned worker would sometimes be frozen in space
    - FIXED (48C): farming work crew wouldn't increment overseer skill
    - FIXED (48C): perennial crops
    - FIXED: "chermistry"
    - FIXED: perennial harvest stage calculation off by one
    - FIXED: some event art had a missing edge
    - FIXED: really, really explicit setting of when fire is ON or OFF
    - FIXED: possible scripterror in foreign_invasion
    - FIXED: Fishpeople will not attack ungrown crops
    - FIXED: do_science.fsm now won't scripterror after save/load in certain circumstances
    - FIXED: selection box not letting you select some objects
    - FIXED: some more crashes
    - FIXED: a couple of uninitialized variables doing Fun Things

Alas, the Changelog is now over. It was part of a world that only existed a long time ago. Let us now be maudlin, and drink cabbage liquor, and eat hot buttered toast, and play sad songs upon the bazouki and cry.

Yes.

Let us cry.

berkstin, KillerKidClever and Tikigod like this.
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Heh heh heh, just in time as I finished the updating buildings thread.

Welp, I didn't get to the chapel, which I was going to recommend as an empty 2x2. Oh well

3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yay. Hopefully that means I don't have to continuously babysit my military with constant re-rallying as they hunt down the last bandit who is running away.

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

What, why would allowing bandits to shoot bandits affect your military?

Sounds like it is to fix some amusing case where you have bandit guards right as bandits attack you.

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Because if I'm chasing after a fleeing bandit, I can't just set a rally point and forget about it. My military will most likely chase the bandit only so far, at which point the minimum range of engagement is passed, and they stop pursuing. Or, the bandit changes direction from where my rally point is set. So, then I have to go back and re-set the rally point so that my military will chase after the bandit again.

If I can just drag-click shoot bandits, I'm assuming that will work like "Hunt animals", and I can just set it and forget it.

6. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

It looks like it's now possible to pick an arbitrary starting location on the embarkation screen - has this been implemented in-game? What are those red areas on the map?

(Also, picking a location in the middle of the ocean still starts me on a grassy plain :) )

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

You mean you haven't read this week's blog post? Impossible! :)

It mentioned that generating a unique starting location based on picking a point on the map is a goal for 49A.

8. Something is not right with rally when ordering soldiers onto desert area - they are not going but stand at bottom of cliff.

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Oh, was clarified. See below post on bandits.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is not the case; it just sets the Bandits to hostile if they weren't already.

Yeah, we default to default 'til 49A (or thereabouts).

11. Nicholas

A hotfix is going up for the work crew crash.

12. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I'm pretty sure the miners are still doing their little "wander about with Drop Item". Can anyone else confirm if they're doing it for you as well?

13. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

If this is still happening, it's not the old bug but an exciting new bug and details would be appreciated!

14. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(We have since identified and should be correcting the issue at hand.)

15. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I played about 2 1/2 hours straight, with no crashes, bugs, or script errors. Everything I've seen seems to be working fine so far.

*edit* For clarification, this was pre-hotfix.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Nicholas and dbaumgart like this.
  16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

So we're on the same page here, this is not the problem in ver 48A, it's a new one which was in the last two ver 48-B and was still present in 48-C.

17. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

My luck strikes again.. Had a crash. ;) Btw, Had a period where no-one would cut down trees. that suddenly fixed it self too..

and a little graphics glitch..
    [​IMG]

*Edit. Just remembered, my cooks desided to wander long and random ways when going to put down fishperson steaks. but not on other foods. might be to place of fishpersons death.

Attached Files:

18. Nicholas

Mokkun: are you running pre, or post, hotfix?

19. If you delete a stockpile, the window for said stockpile remains until you manually close it. However, if you click any of the filter icons in this window once the stockpile is gone, it crashes the game.

20. Nicholas

An easy fix! I'll deal with it now for 49.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.