ALPHA 47D NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Never had a problem, it seems colonists will just clip through one another. I've had 3 colonists sharing one square while all "doing diplomacy" which has got to be nearly as bad as the actual paperwork.

FYI, while using cabinets means more work for the carpenter (windows/hangers are built on site with a plank) it also counts as production so...

But anyway, this makes people super happy:
    [​IMG]

2. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

My Eyes!

Edit: I see you left one of the beds off at the end there, was that intentional?

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It was under construction.... no I am pretty sure the module placement (this was before the current upgrades) meant that the game kept tossing the bed around so I couldn't place it in the one area that would work.

I just started making another massive house because I hadn't yet conceived the massive farm-kitchen complex I currently want to build (it includes houses like this though!)

Yeah, I was so annoyed that my current plans have it so I avoid having things like that. So the result should 1. Cram in all the modules, 2. Have +6 quality and 3. look good from at least one camera angle...

I would be nice if things attached to walls followed their walls transparency but hey, what you gonna do huh.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Ha, I know what you mean, at least in this game "what you gonna do" comes down to "wait for next version or so" instead of "regret purchase".

5. berkstin

berkstin Member

Any idea if we will get a fix for this soonish?

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It is, in fact, the last thing to go in for Alpha 48. It requires redesigning something fussy.

berkstin likes this.
  7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

You know, I never even thought of that. We can do this, I think? Let me get back to you. Won't be until 48A, though.

Menthol_Penguin likes this.
  8. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Random crash. Not sure what caused it, I had just rallied my troops outside a bandit camp in preparation to attacking them.

Also, doors are still stuck open.

Attached Files:

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Well since you brought it up, do the two glass windows have to be a murky-grey? I sort of like the way the "open wooden window" lets you see inside the building (well, back when the windows properly cut holes in walls)

10. I think I have issue 3 in my game right now. Module broke right after a UI popup (fish people related), not sure if that's related in any way but might as well mention it. I haven't really been doing much in the game I was flicking between it and a twitch stream so mostly just letting it play in the background while my colonists lived their happy little lives. Well, their lives.. On an AMD card, Win 7 64bit.

Module still invisble once fixed although it has now re-appeared some time later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  11. Unforked

Unforked Member

Started a new game, have the exact same type of crash. Overseer enters mine... crash.

Anyone else getting this? I always wait until the mineshaft is complete before I assign a workgroup. I always have a standing desk, cabinet, and a few windows...

Attached Files:

12. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Mines were a total hack. They've been cleaned up for the next release, huzzah!

Edit: To be clear, what I'm saying is that they won't crash, their assignments won't get lost when overseers are re/un-assigned from them, etc.

Unforked likes this.
  13. Tarod

Tarod Member

Every X ( I'd say 4-5) empty floor spots should give +1 quality to the building. Ugly smushed full building are unfun.

14. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

Especially since empty space cost ressources to make !

15. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Colonists really need to demand proper pathing routes to objects.

Rather than cabinets, wall shrines work quite well as well. Plus have the additional bonus interaction memories and can be bolted onto pretty much any wall rather than cabinets that need a entire empty tile.

16. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Well it's a start to cleaning up Mines at least. So still good news. :)

17. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

I see that there is an update queued on Steam...

18. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

19. Unforked

Unforked Member

20. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

As it's barely been 2 days between 47D and 48, wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly just nuking some cases of invisible modules/construction ghosts and the mine fix (plus misc stability fixes).

Also as the kitchen change isn't mentioned, they've potentially decided not to stick with it.

Given that the E-mails about it went out 30-40 minutes ago and there's still no thread, makes me wonder if someone jumped the gun a little too early. :)

Edit: Ah the kitchen change is included as a 'TEST' in the development report for R48.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.