ALPHA 47D NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks for the report & attached files, logged as OC-4426!

2. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Still not working correctly. In my game the workshop started at inept (the Overseer was terrible) but when the overseer leveled up to inept the workshop changed to terrible. I haven't got any further yet to see what happens with other ranks.

Windows don't display correctly inside buildings (they are just a square filled with the original wall texture).

I have also had a spawn vermin script error but I can't remember what it was but it didn't seem to do anything bad.

Broken modules still become invisible.

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Day 10 of a new 47D colony, already have 3 different bandit groups form and try raid my colony across the first week.

First was group was 3 bandits. Second was a half dozen, third was 4 bandits. Each one wiped out completely thanks to a full military squad already being in place super early.

Fortunately none of them were armored, though most of them were wielding blunders and jezrails.

Those bandits certainly seem very eager, and not entirely sure how someone getting acquainted with the game would react to that kind of possible bandit rollage, though perhaps they're being drawn to my super industrious carpentry that's bringing all the bandits to my yard. :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

another crash, not sure what prompted

Attached Files:

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

For some reason, when I load this save, the stone ovens in my kitchen are invisible.

Edit: Actually, ALL of my modules are, lmao

Attached Files:

6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

7. Unforked

Unforked Member

Crash when my mining overseer first walks into the mineshaft, you'll see it not long after the save. Happens every time. Bummer because I can't find hematite anywhere else.

Attached Files:

8. dbaumgart

(Found the problem with displayed skill level in Carpentry shop -- it'd send a request to the workshop to update the displayed skill literally 3 lines before it actually added one to the skill level. Whoops. Fixed!)

9. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Ran much better now than last version. (untill crash while hunting bandits).. Although, I do had a few script errors and invissible modules.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Three shots, first whit invisible stone stoves, second of showing blueprint where it is, 3rd whit it apearing again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hmm, are there any spoiler tag that can be used to hide pictures until clicked on?

Attached Files:

10. Unforked

Unforked Member

Looking at the screens above reminds me that it would be REALLY nice if we had a way to toggle off all the "boxed module reminder" icons, for the sake of aesthetic sanity.

11. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Speaking of, I really like that addition to the carpentry shop. Hope it sticks around and gets implemented into the other workshop windows.

A second line just to let you know if the overseer is on duty or off duty might be a nice addition to it as well, save loading the entire workcrew window to see if their schedule has changed.

12. dbaumgart

Things fixed:
    • crop scripterror when a destroyed crop tries to update
    • spawn_vermin scripterror
    I'm pretty stumped at how you got the spawn foreign group scripterror. Double-checked every instance where that could occure, and they look clean. Added a check for such a case anyway.

Nicholas is on fixing disappearing modules, so that should be cleared up soon.

Thanks for the reports!

13. dbaumgart

Cool, that's the plan. Just saw a cheap opportunity to include more info and took it.

Good suggestions too, I'll see if that's easy and make a ticket for implementation.

14. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Clearly fishpeople trying to pass themselves off as visiting nation dignitaries, and the game having none of it when they insisted they hail from the nation of "Totallynotfishpeopletopia".

Pesky fishpeople.

15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yeah, like what planetbase does. I actually did sit down an try to work out what my wheat production looked like, and it involved putting things down in spreadsheet which is ... a bit much, perhaps?

Just FYI, once your maize/wheat starts producing, it should be a relatively even flow. Yes it will have little ups and downs, but it isn't like you get a big mass in a shift and then nothing for 3 more days or whatever.

This makes graphs more useful, though as you can see the average and gauge your needs/production by just looking.

16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

So two things. Yeah, while writing the buildings (and modules) thread there's a lot of 2x2ers. Also, in many cases modules are hilariously carefully jig-saw-puzzled in to fit into the smallest space. It amuses me.

Still, I do like the idea of building larger, jig-saw-puzzled buildings, stockpile, farms and whatnot on a large scale (eg: to super satisfy 100 colonists). But it would still be much smaller and more compact than some others (scroll up heh) that I've seen.

Mostly because colonists don't get a sense of being cramped or anything. Instead hell is turned into paradise by 100 windows everywhere (sounds like some sort of surveillance state, I actually prefer open windows too) or wooden sign hangers which, I don't know why that would make anyone feel happier in their superdense bed-crammed house.

You know, I should really use glass windows for my hellish pleasure colony...

17. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Yeah that was just an example of how a chart could be userful.

I use spreadsheets to keep track of all kinds of things, diet, exercise, expenditures, but for some reason the idea of doing that for something in a video game causes a small rebellion in my mind. It goes "No! you obsessively calculate and measure every facet of your life, but not here, not now, not this!"

18. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Ha yeah, maybe in the future colonists will factor the total size of the building they work/sleep in vs the amount of floor space taken up by objects as an additional factor. Say half of the +/- effect of a building's quality comes from decor vs utility and the other half or so calculated by the crampedness. Like upperclass people want a building which is "Airy" which requires a 1:4 ratio of open space, and middle class are fine with "Spacious" which is 1:2, whereas our lowly workers are content with "cramped" which is 1:1.

19. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Ok so that's funny because I did something to check the time-series properties of my wheat production.

And I have these here sheets of graph paper (since GE uses square grid) and carefully planned how how to cram all my farms, kitchens and whatnot together super-tightly (but I left spaces for roads! also no entry-stairs allowed on the roads either!).

The best part is this hell of modules crammed in everywhere will be immensely satisfying as I checked that each building will have enough decor to make it +6 quality (maxed at Excellent, for workshops)

Yeah, I know that will be nice.

Note, though, that as I have (and generally recommend) a lot of 1-overseer operations (especially at start when you have overseers mostly) this will be pretty important.

FYI, such a metric would ALSO further incentize building minimal modules, so that better quality is "cheaper". Ah but it would destroy the bunkhouse of hellish pleasure.

Then again, if decor does not count as making building cramped, I can also use things like cabinets instead of windows (currently, using these is bad as you need to make building larfer for them) so perhaps we could have a victorian-type crammed building rather than an orwellian windows everywhere building.

20. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Aye, I was doing an "alavaria" run before my last playthrough crashed, trying out your building order suggestions. Seemed to be going well until it broke. I was fiddling with the housing, trying to find a way to do it without stuffing a door every 3 squares, but before I could get very far game crashed on me. I'm somewhat worried about getting colonist jam ups while they are trying to get out of housing, a soldier running out, a civvy running in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.