Alpha 46A now in Experimental Branch

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I saw a couple of traders punching at... some cooked fishperson steak in my stockpile.

[​IMG]

dbaumgart, Samut and Daniel like this.
  2. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Apparent;y no one taught them the you broke it you brought it rule.

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(... fixed.)

4. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

apparently the job system cared that they wanted to attack things that were fishpeople and not dead, because we didn't apply the dead attribute to meat. This caused a long discussion over what should be considered dead, and what the ramifications would be of various solutions. Some of them would have led to people eating anything made of meat regardless of it's alive state.

we then realized that we wanted to actually get other stuff done that's more important than properly simulating the decision process for eating things in various states of being alive and being meat, but maybe one day we'll come back to this fascinating design space.

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Mmm, this would be more amusing if I didn't remember something similar showing up in previous changes, ie:
    fixing people (player's military) attacking fishperson steaks
    and eating people or something (i don't remember this one specifically)

6. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

In order to not clutter up the bugs forum (sorry about that :) )

The icon for the smithing module tootipped is wrong.

Attached Files:

7. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

I can't designate stacked item as trade goods

And single items I designate as trade good are never add to the trading depot

8. berkstin

berkstin Member

Yep. Same issue with me. The only thing that has ever shown up as a tradeable good for me was a bottle of beer, that I had not designated as a trade good.

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

The traders are remarkably unable to do anything, and will all die to a single fishperson etc. They will punch away and I suspect do exactly 0 damage.

What is really amusing is that the bandits and fishpeople are all not hostile to me, but they will kill traders. Worse yet, it seems any fishperson (and they love wandering in my colony) will kill any trader, including those standing near my trade depot.

There is a lot of long pork around my walls...

==================================

Also, for some reason I can't get my foreign office to do anything with Stahlmark. They only ever gain points which whatever faction I chose before I clicked on Stahlmark, even when I get the prompt, and when the Stahlmark icon is lit up, which should indicate they are working on that faction.

10. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

Traders dispatched the fishpeople quite fine in my game. But i'm hostile with both/

11. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

That's the odd thing, three traders lose to one fishperson. I saw a group of 6 traders die to a couple of bandits doing nothing. 6 of them smashed one guy with preserves over and over and died without seeming to hurt him at all.

In fact, of all the fights, traders lose all the time as there's tons of corpses with long pork next to them, and never any dead fishpeople except for raiders which I see my men shooting (because soldiers respond even before you see the raiders)

12. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

3 things I've found
    1. exterior lamps, there is only one type available to make in the metalshop, does that work as a "one size makes all"?
    2. friendly foreigner's weren't smacking around a fishperson steak, mine were beating on a chalkboard, a lamp, and a door, for days on end. (after the "select for trade" scripterror)
    3. replay day 35/36 - military were rallying and got stuck in bushes,,, was able to "detatch" the first ones, but the 2nd holdup point, was unable to unstuck him.
    have same issue as others with traders hitting for 0 hitpoints on enemies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016