Wiki To-Do List and Wiki Discussion

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alephred, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Hey any Devs who might be watching:

How likely are the current stockpile filters to stay with their current names? Noratoxin and I were discussing their wiki categories vs. their in-game stockpile categories, and it might be useful to organize entries that way.

I seem to recall that the stockpile filter categories (finished goods, building materials, etc.) weren't set in stone?

2. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Very likely to change still. Can't say much more that'll be helpful I'm afraid, but there are a lot of stockpile ideas that are still waiting for experiments to be run.

3. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Don't think for a minute you are going to ensnare me into making Wiki changes by omitting the information for Sulfur Tonic when describing the Chemist's Lab.

4. Alianin

Alianin Member

For now, I'm updating the commodities to categorize in the Commodities category and the appropriate filtered category. These can always be updated down the road when it changes.

I updated the wiki with about 30 new/updated icons. I'm about halfway through formatting/adding/updating the modules and working on leveraging the power of SMW to automate some of the data linking.

Mikel, I added the Sulphur Tonic to the Chemist Shop. ;)

5. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

Is it possible to get something written up about what machines you need to make what materials? I may have spent 50 days not realising I needed to have a certain set of tools to make stills to make laudanum and thus everyone went insane ._.

6. Alephred

Hm, ideally, the module required to make a particular good should be specified on that good's page. Many entries are in bare-bones stubs at the moment, though. We'll fix those as we get around to them. If you see missing information, though, feel free to add it yourself.

7. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

I might start up a fresh game to work out the various creation threads, and update the Wiki that way.

EDIT: Can't get the CAPTCHA to work, so can't register. Not sure why. Bah!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. Alephred

Doh, that sucks. I think it should still be possible to update entries anonymously?

9. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

It's okay, success! I didn't realise that the Wiki was actually part of the Curse.com sites, and had a very old account with them I'd completely forgotten about.
    I'll get round to it soon :)

10. Alianin

Alianin Member

Glad you got it working, Lily. If you encounter any issues, let me know and I can get it sorted out for you. :)

11. Alianin

Alianin Member

All the modules have been added to the wiki. I'm going back and updating some because of new material requirements.

12. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Questions about modules

Where and or for what is use for :

Macroscope : Naturalist or Labo ?
    Grinder : Kitchen or Chapel for a cult of coffee addict ?
    Industrial Charcoal Kiln : Metalworks or Ceramics ?
    Vacuum Chamber ?
    Steam Distributor ?
    Ventilation ?
    Bureaucrat's cabinet & desk : Aristocrat's house ?

13. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

All of those are for decoration/fun and do exactly nothing.

14. Unforked

Unforked Member

Not for long;)

Exile likes this.
  15. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Hmm, i used the power saw with certain efficience, seems produce more quickly in carpenter, but may be it s an unfounded sensation. And reasons were others ... ?
    Same for steam oven in kitchen.
    But if u said it s not working indeed, i guess it like always a love story, we see things better or worse than they are ;)

Exile likes this.
  16. Unforked

Unforked Member

Also, the macroscope was used in the lab in earlier builds for researching arifacts. That will surely be back when the cult/eldritch systems are reintroduced.

The grinder presumably will be for grinding stone or something else, likely for high level late game content.

Other stuff... We'll see

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(If anybody wanted to go through the Wiki and clean out the mess of out-of-date things for launch, this would be Good.)

Exile likes this.
  18. Alianin

Alianin Member

I'll add this to my list. Very excited for launch!

19. Juwadroid

Juwadroid Member

I'm up for helping with some wiki stuff if someone could let me know how best to help or point me in the right direction.

I'm afraid I'm a rank novice in terms of anything wiki-related, just fair warning.

Exile likes this.
  20. GreenJelly

GreenJelly Member

I (hopefully) changed the templates for the current version and version date to be 1.0B (16-10-27).
    Jelly

EDIT: Added infoboxes to the buildings that were missing them. I'm not sure how to upload pictures, so the icon for the Training Academy is the slightly older one.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016