Is there a (?) help option IG?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Lily Phoenix, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

Or am I just blind to finding one that's already there?
    A help option to hover a ? over anything/everything, with a small menu coming up explaining what that thing is, what you can do with it, and -how- you do something with it.

Hello, by the way! I've had CE for a while, but I admit it has bamboozled me most of the way, with game crashes upon loading and general user confusion. I love the concept and design, and am excited to try and help it progress (in my own little bumbling fashion) in Early Access.

Getting frustrated with trying to cancel jobs that are on my map but not in my job list, and trying to have my colonists do -something- other than idling, even though there are tasks that need to be done...

2. Agree with the job cancel issue.
    For getting a basic gist, there are YouTube videos of CE playthroughs from Al and Kow (there may be other people as well)
    Call me Al's YouTube site: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiwDPm8pdttAM368UmwUrsg
    Kow's YouTube site: https://www.youtube.com/user/advkow

There is also the CE wiki (I am also trying to help in my bumbling fashion by contributing to it) that may or may not help you with explanations, etc.
    http://clockworkempires.gamepedia.com/Clockwork_Empires_Wiki

3. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

It does also appear, that on this map at least, I get random Explore tags appearing, that mean my colonists wander off at any point they feel like :s

Thanks! I'll check those out.

4. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Those are probably mineralogical survey points that should not pull any random colonist. I posit that they are wandering for other reasons.

5. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

Ah, they just have the little Explore tags above them. I'll keep those in mind for later then!

6. Mikel

Yes, they do have those... simply place your cursor on one of them (specifically on the yellowish arrow under one) and descriptive text should pop up. If this does not happen, you have discovered a bug.

7. Samut

Samut Member

It would also be nice if you could open up the tutorial content later as a help menu.

8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

More tooltips would probably be nice. Whoever made the tutorial did a pretty good job, IMO.

9. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

Is there any reason that you're not able to Forage/Collect Raw Birds or Raw Steaks? My colonists seem to be leaving them alone...

Sorry if I'm just asking questions that've already been asked!

10. Mikel

There is currently an issue where colonists ignore meat products from slain animals. Creating a selection box around them and choosing the 'forbid' option followed by a second selection box and the 'claim' option should make them approachable.

Also, instructing your kitchen to make the appropriate cooked item should send the kitchen crew to the raw items.

Finally, there is a case where an in game predator takes down a prey animal and the resulting meat is marked as owned by the colony. These resources may end up existing outside the standard range of your colonists. At this time you just have to hope you find them at a later time.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

My morning coffee is seriously not in my body yet, but I'm working on it. Anyhow, yes, the foraging/colleting behaviours being inconsistent is known, and shall be fixed.

12. Mikel

We have your back. :)

Lily Phoenix likes this.
  13. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

Indeed! Don't take this as a complaint, your work so far (and doubtless in the future - it IS only in Alpha afterall) has been awesome. I can't wait :)

Also, I may have planted a loading bay door over a lower class door... and have NO idea how I did it >.>'