REVISION 41B HOTFIX NOW PUSHED TO DEFAULT BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Revision 41B has now been pushed to the default and experimental branch. It fixes a small issue with the military where military targets will not be recognized as such after somebody has responded to an alarm about them; this was causing people to shoot bandits, and then casually walk away from them while being massacred (for instance.)

This should be compatible with all previous save games generated in Revision 41A.

2. PATCH SUCCESS (at least on first impression)

success.png

DIE YOU SPIKE-HAT WEARING STAHLMARKS

WOO.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  3. Kelian

Kelian Member

This fix the beetles and other hostiles?

Also I selected respect the dead and wanted to bury bandits but my colonists walked to the edge of the map and got murdered on the way. Is there any way to set a range limit on corpse finding/retrieval?

4. i know but spike hat is funnier

5. Nicholas

(Something thinks that bandit corpses need to be moved to (0,0) and I don't know what it is yet, although I now know that this is what is causing the problem. I'm hoping somebody remembers that code on Monday so we can shut it off, otherwise, I'll get it in the next patch.)

Bluebird likes this.
  6. Trifler

Trifler Member

Thanks. Military is working a lot better now.

7. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I did appreciate watching my rental Naturalist do a bang up job finding mineral nodes... and awakening eldritch horrors... which are encamped on the two best doe clusters nearest my camp... good times... time for some rental red coats to clear out the mines.

8. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

A lot better - thank you.

Did notice civilians standing there while being shot. Most flee but the odd one or two stand around.

Edit : Script error re: a Bandit

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  9. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Acknowledged scripterror! Will be cleaning this up for the next experimental.

Bluebird likes this.
  10. Mikel

In case you didn't remember. :)

11. Nicholas

David was cursing and swearing at it this morning, so "probably."

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

This build has given the longest game times with no major problems - fab :) If it were not for the script errors, life would be peachy for the poor souls dumped there.
    • Did seem to notice soldiers will not engage at night - or specifically they did not fire on beetles.
    • Manually cancelling a task by clicking on the red X still does not make the marker go away.
    • If you put a mine shaft next to the admin building, but accidentally put it over a door, the shaft does not get built.

13. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Rather nice and stable,
    1st issue, quite laggy while having the work-crew tab open.
    2nd. built a building shaped like a sideways L. to save some resources, it turned to a mess..
    [​IMG]

3rd, had a move/remove module box get "stuck" on screen, even outside module placement. and even after clicking move, even after module is removed.
    [​IMG]

4th, at 96 people, game is getting a bit jerky..

Good thing day 51. 100 people. no crash..

And as a sidenote, I just love the detail attention. like from this screenshot. the cute little pictures on the lids.
    [​IMG]

Town is a bit of a mess tough, and well.. take a look yourself.. ;)

[​IMG]

the zipped log file is over 22 MB. so, adding a link to its zipped file..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dkiZifEZeNanVTMDcwTXMydkU/view?usp=sharing

Attached Files:

14. razrien

razrien Member

oh god Haha that town looks nuts. Writing this from work, can't wait to get home and try it out

15. Mikel

Go big or go home.

16. Nicholas

(Work crew window lag has been fixed for revision 41C. It takes a bit of time to open for the first time if you have 200 colonists and never open the window, but it runs nicely once it's open the rest of the time.)

Bluebird likes this.
  17. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's a long-ish play session, Dauntless Dare start in the Jungle, so you can run it through your analytic tools. I lost track of time, at least half an hour, I'd say.

Attached Files: