Unkown Operating system (Ipad)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ninthlite, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ninthlite

ninthlite Member

I convinced my school librarian to purchase the game for the ipad, however its not working. She gets unknown operating system when trying to open it, shes not tech savy enough to jail break it or tinker with anything so its the default ipad. I promised to try to fix it for her tomorrow, could someone please give me a way to help her?
    It probably is not a ipad, i just automatically think of all tablets as a ipad. I will get more info from her.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

...There is no ipad version of this game. It won't work.

3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

And that illustrates the inferiority of Apple products to Windows 8, which I understand can actually run real programs.

4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Based on my experiences with Apple, I'd be the last person to support them. That said, It has nothing to do with any inferiority and everything to do with the fact that there is no Ios version of the game. But remember that there really IS an Apple version (just not an apple tablet version).

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We have a Mac version of the game, but not any tablet ones.

6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

My point is that IIRC Windows 8 in addition to being a desktop OS will also run on tablets and on those weird new hybrid computers that change from a tablet to a laptop and back again. So if the game is compatible with Windows 8, then - theoretically at least - you do have a tablet version, and therein lies the aforementioned superiority (for tablets at any rate).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014