The Android Rogue Mod(DEAD MOD, PERMANENTLY REMOVED)

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Arron Syaoran, May 29, 2013.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

THIS MOD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. IT HAS BEEN DELETED FROM STEAM WORKSHOP AND WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED. I HAVE PRETTY MUCH MOVED ON FROM DUNGEONS OF DREDMOR, BUT IF I DO PLAY IT AGAIN, I WILL NOT CONSIDER MY OWN MOD AS ONE TO BE PLAYED.

I WILL PROCEED TO DELETE ALL OF MY MOD FILES FROM ALL ONLINE SOURCES AND MY OWN COMPUTER IN AN UNRECOVERABLE FASHION.

Have you ever wanted to have most of the combined goodies of Tinkering, Burglary and Perception? How about an added bonus capstone with Strong health regeneration for Rogues? Always wanted to wear Heavy Armour as a Rogue, without losing too much nimbleness? Or maybe you want to explode in shards of Spikes, only to reform as a stout, stubborn warrior? Then the Android Rogue Mod is for you. Please note that more skills may be added to this mod in due time.

PLEASE NOTE: ANDROID INSURRECTION IS CURRENTLY IN BETA, AND HAS SOME BUGS. CURRENT BUGS LIST WILL BE LISTED IN NEXT POST AS WELL AS MY LAST POST.

The Android Rogue Mod contains 2 new skills and dozens of new items:
    Android Rogue Skill - A Rogue Skill that combines multiple utility spells from various skills into a single skill.
    Level 1: Plate Defence - Adds Extra Armour to allow you to survive early monster attacks for when the monsters get too close.
    Level 2: Evasive Maneuver - Gives an additional 50% Chance to Dodge for 4 turns. Sort of Like Piracy's Swashbuckling. Nerfed from 6 turn effect to 4 turn and increased cooldown to 80.
    Level 3: Clockwork Android - Gives a Mana Upkeep Buff that provides extra Damage and Caddishness, and can be disabled to save mana. Finally a use for mana for rogues! Buffed in 0.1.2!
    Level 4: Rogue Tools - Gives a chance upon killing an enemy to drop either Bolts, Traps, Ingots, Thrown Weapons or Healing Potions. Chance of receiving drops increases every level in this skill after Level 4.
    Level 5: Subtle Getaway - Allows a Teleport that causes you to vanish for a short time after teleporting. Only works in Cardinal Directions.
    Level 6: Android Armour - Scoring a Critical hit now buffs you with even more dodging capability. In future versions this skill level may increase Nimbleness by how much you've lost to your equipped armour in exchange for blocking chance.
    Level 7(Capstone): Self-Repair - Medium Regeneration Spell that costs Zorkmids instead of Mana. No more need for Coral Wands and Regeneration Potions!
    Liquid Metal Skill(NEW in Android Insurrection!) - A Warrior skill where you can be just like the T-1000 from Terminator 2, with lots of Spikyness.

Level 1: Steel Skin - Gives +3 Block Passive, +1 AA Passive and -2 Dodge Passive. Gives a move called Steel Skin that gives +2 AA, +6 Block and +1 Pierce resist for 22 turns
    whenever you block.

Level 2: Spiked Punch - Attack for +5 Piercing on top of Melee Damage, and casts Spiky, which gives +4 counter and +2 Piercing damage for 20 turns. Stacks up to 3 times.
    8 Turn Cooldown.

Level 3: Quicksilver Invisibility - Gives +6 Sneakiness Passive, + 2 Trap Sight Radius Passive and -1 Eye Sight Radius Passive. Makes you invisible for 15 turns. 75 turn cooldown.
    Level 4: Iron Eater - Gives +1 Smithing Passive. Instantly restores 24 HP + 0.35 * Block value when you eat a Metal Ingot. 32 Turn Cooldown.
    Level 5: Living Spike Bomb(Template 13) - Gives -1 Voltaic Resistance Passive. Explodes your body into a spike bomb, dealing 6 Piercing + 5 * Smithing + 0.55 * Counter Damage
    to enemies around you. 17 Turn Cooldown, spawns a Frag Grenade where you stand when you use it.

Level 6: Spiked Fortress - When cast, gives +8 Piercing Damage, +6 AA, -6 Nimbleness, +20 Counter, +40 Stubbornness, 25 Magic Reflect and +3 Health Regen. Lasts until you walk one
    space or until 38 turns run out. 96 turn cooldown.

Level 7: Architectural Erosion(Template 830) - Dig spell that gives -6 Voltaic Resist, -8 Conflagratory Resist, -9 Hyperborean Resist, -2 Eye Sight Radius and -4 Acid Resist for 25 turns.
    16 Turn Cooldown.

Craftable Baseballs and Softballs - Hidden Recipes, Now Blacksmiths can now have a practical use for Plastic Ingots.
    The Power of Titanium - Titanium is a new Top-Tier Crafting Metal that requires very high crafting levels and is relatively hard and expensive to aquire.
    Titanium Bolts - The Bolt Council has decided to Invest in Expensive Materials, resulting in Sharper Bolts. NO LONGER A HIDDEN RECIPE IN ANDROID INSURRECTION!
    Deadly Endgame Traps - Eyebrow Shaving(Ultimate Humiliation), Instant Death, and even a Zorkmid-Stealing Trap.
    Bonus Funny Items - Find out yourself...
    New Weapons and Armour - Karate Belts, Tires, Kevlar Armour, a Sword that says "DROID" and my very own dagger. Now with more Titanium and Kevlar!
    Secret Bonuses for Modders - Those who alter the XMLs correctly can have access to some more, neat, semi-overpowered items ans spells. Please do not distribute altered XMLs.

Changelog:

0.1.0 - Unreleased Bare Bones of Mod(Permanently Unattainable, even for Arron Syaoran)
    0.1.1 - Public Release
    0.1.2 - Public Release(Adds a Tunic, 3 Titanium Chestpieces, Softballs into Baseballs and Medium Heal Potions)
    0.1.3 - Android Origins without the new icons
    0.1.4 - Android Origins(Adds Titanium Pants, Titanium Throwing Items and some new, iconic items)
    0.1.5 - Android Origins(With new updated icons and a few new items)

Current Status on Mod: Version 0.1.6 is now available. Place the Zip in /Dungeons of Dredmor/mods directory if you're downloading it from here. Incompatible with saves made with 0.1.5 and before.
    ANDROID INSURRECTION Version 0.2.0 BETA is also available. 0.2.0 is NOT ON STEAM.

Roadmap/Major Update names(hints toward what they contain):
    0.1 = Android Origins(Base mod)
    0.2 = Android Insurrection(Adds a couple rooms, monsters, and more items relating to Androids and references)
    0.3 = Comb Ravers(Obvious, if you think about it and maybe do a google search)
    0.4 = Android Legends(Adds Adamantium and other Super-Hard, Super-Powerful craftables that don't spawn in the dungeon)
    0.5 = Human Pride(Adds an Encino Sword, Potions that depend on Polymorph status, and even a Powerful Skill that will kill you if you get Polymorphed, plus tonnes of Gunwands and Pencilwands.)
    0.6 = Readdition of Funmonger, and maybe some cheat skills(Separate Mod, known as Cheatgun 6000)
    1.0 = Final Version of the Mod(aside from debugging/testing): Includes 0.1 through 0.5, but doesn't include Cheatgun 6000 aka 0.6.
    2.0 = Advanced Android Rogue(uses items from other mods/modpacks, and won't work without those mods installed as well, such as water, cloth, leather, and some items from Faxpax if I get his permission)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Kazeto and Daynab like this.
  2. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

CURRENT KNOWN BUGS:
    In Android Origins 0.1.6 and Android Insurrection 0.2.0:
    1. Off Wielding cannot be implemented due to modding limitations.
    2. Items spawned in via skill with loadout tag don't stack with ingame copies.
    3. Can't Find correct loadout type for any of the items.
    4. Android Armour is unaffected by equipping Armour. There is no Trigger on Equip tag.
    5. Android Rogue's Fine Plastic Ring and Square Iron Ring Loadout doesn't work.
    6. Total Corruption Trap turns the Player into a Demon if triggered by a Monster.
    7. contents="Titanium Bolt" Bookshelves Crash if learning Mod Item recipes.
    8. Upgraded Chain Whip's Icon is wrong(uses quest cravat).
    9. Upgraded Chain Whip's Override Class Name isn't working(still says Mace Class).
    10. Crafting Multiple Unstackables(i.e. 3x Dull Copper Shiv from 4 Smithing) doesn't work.
    11. Self Repair, Zorkmid Vacuum, Instant Death, Game Over, Happy Diggle Satisfaction and Angry Diggle Rage's Sound Effects do not work.

In Android Insurrection 0.2.0 Only:
    1. Spiked Punch doesn't deal the Extra 5 Piercing Damage it's supposed to.
    2. Iron Eater doesn't consume anything at all, not even Reagents/Ingots.
    3. Iron Eater triggers it's healing effect on any item, even when nothing is consumed.
    4. Non-Buff Skill Spell Descriptions only Show Description found on Skill Tree and Non-Buff Spell's Description in SpellDB doesn't show up at all.(This might be intended by Gaslamp)
    Examples: Subtle Getaway's Spell Description and Ingot Eater's Spell Description don't show up at all and show Skill Tree's Description instead.
    5. Living Spike Bomb's sound effect doesn't work.
    6. Android Crosshairs Bolt Spawning only spawns 1 Bolt when it spawns bolts.(It's only sometimes supposed to spawn bolts at all, and it should be a random type of bolt with random amount)
    7. Java Caffeine Function needs a new Buff Icon.
    8. Liquid Metal's Skill/Spell Icons need replacing with better ones.
    9. Titanium Serpentine Sabotons need a new Icon.(They need to look more like Serpentine-metalled Robocop Boots)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  3. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

Oh my, that funmonger skill. Never been so nervous at playing a game. You can lose the game by starting with no hp. I seriously had 0/0hp one of the first time I tried it. Obviously need to change the health malus to -10 / -12 so you can start with at least 4 / 6 hp.

I don't really get the android rogue though, it's an heavy armoured rogue with lot of utility ? The first level doesn't look very appealing compared to other utility / defense skills.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Plate Defense is just a skill that adds 1 AA so you don't die as quick as a rogue. The next skill can help you avoid attacks if you're stuck between 3-4 mobs or fighting a quest boss. I admit that Clockwork Android is kinda underpowered, but please note that the Subtle Getaway ability(which teleports followed by invisibility) actually costs less skill points than burglary's move in mysterious ways. The Android Rogue skill really starts to shine after you've picked Rogue Tools(which gives bolts/traps/thrown/ingots/healing potions), and increases in chance every point until self repair, which is a strong health regen which only costs 2 zorkmids per turn.

The point of Android Rogue is to give some of the key benefits of Tinkering, Perception and Burglary without having to place 3 of your 7 skills on those exact skills every single time you want to play a rogue. Plus it is the only rogue skill that adds a way of healing the player at very little cost.

Funmonger is supposed to be a "Cheat" skill. If enough people want me to add it back in, I will do so, but first I need the Website XML Validator Fixed so I can find out why my mod keeps crashing since I last edited it.

5. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Edit: Thank you so much!(In reply to post below from Daynab)

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Done :) added it to the mod index too.

7. Leot

Leot Member

Okay you have convinced me. I was avoiding using this mod for reasons I don't entirely have thought out, but your complete faithfulness to your creation has swayed me to this side. I grow very tired of warrior builds as they are 2/3 of how I have beaten this game (dual wielding maces, tinkering and smithy, I believe fungal arts was there for massive mushrooms, but still) I have downloaded it and will give feedback soon, but enjoy it all the same.

Tentative builds (Essential Core Skills rebalance installed):

Dual Wield
    Daggers
    Android Rogue
    Fungal Arts (my favorite skill set)
    Burglary (never maxed it yet)

2 others, possible a crafting skill (thought those take a lot of time) or perception. What do you suggest as you know your mod the best?

8. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Although I hopefully plan to add more goodies to this mod, I'm uncertain if I can keep this updated because I do alot of other things in my life and The Online XML Validator may never be updated. It could be possible that 0.1.1 might be the first and last update, especially if I have no way of debugging my mod with the XML Validator. The Downloadable one doesn't work, because I use a Mac.

This is the True Android Rogue build:
    Dual Wield
    Assassination(Or maybe Avenging Executioner if you have Faxpax and would like an alternative)
    Android Rogue
    Your choice of either Smithing(Thrown/Daggers) or Tinkering(Daggers/Bolts/Trap Affinity)
    Your choice of either Daggers or Swords, preferrably Daggers
    Your choice of either Thrown or Archery, preferrably Thrown
    The Last skill is either Burglary, Perception, Piracy, Ninjitsu, Smithing, Tinkering, Poisoneer, Archery or Artful Dodger.

Android Rogues are Dual-Dagger Wielding Melee Rogues that also use Thrown weapons and Dual Silenced Pistols. They tend to be good at Dodging, and have quite a high armour capacity without sacrificing Agility. They are also able to repair themselves,
    have great conversation skills and make good spies. They're mostly Hitman/Assassin type Rogues rather than Ninjas/Pirates/Thieves. Arron Syaoran is an Android Rogue that also has Exceptional Mining and Metallurgy Skills, and decent Blacksmithing, Gunsmithing, Engineering/Tinkering skills, with an apprenticeship in Leather Crafting.

Tip: The Titanium Shank is the Third best Dagger in the Game if you're not playing any other mods than Android Rogue. It fills the void between Level 5-7 Daggers and the Imagination Dagger, which is the second best dagger.
    Edit: made a mistake of recommending Archery. Thrown is the recommended one, but Guns would be the best.

9. Leot

Leot Member

Guns?

10. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Dredmor doesn't have Guns. If it did, and they were an equipable ranged weapon that used ammunition instead of being a stupid excuse for a wand/melee weapon, Then I would certainly replace one of the optional skills with Guns right away. Because of the Lack of Guns(blame the Bolt Council), Arron Syaoran joined the Bolt Council, as Crossbows are second best and better than Bows if you wanted a gun.

11. mining

mining Member

You shouldn't need the XML validator to troubleshoot your mod. Its a tool to make things easier, not something that solves problems.

12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I'm guessing I should probably hunt down syntax errors then. When I first started my mod, it wasn't too bad, but now it's becoming really difficult.

13. mining

mining Member

Binary search.

Remove half of the mod, see if the error is removed. Repeat as required.

14. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

I find Swashbuckling too strong and so is Evasive Maneuver. At least swap lvl2 with lvl3.

15. Von Krieger

Von Krieger Member

Gave this a spin from the Steam Workshop.

I'm having some difficulty finding anything to craft using titanium, are the recipes secret ones? Or do they unlock upon certain levels of the class?

I'm not familiar with modding, but is there a way to turn down the frequency of the ore drops? Maybe I'[m just (un)lucky, but I keep finding them regularly. In my past two days of playing, I keep ending up with at least three in as many floors, and keep seeing the things in the crafting vending machines.

The only thing I seem to be able to do with it is Ore > Ingot > Oxide. I've actually had to turn the mod off when playing due to how often the darned things keep popping up, and me without a thing to do with them.

16. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Pretty much all of the recipes are secret. In the current 0.1.1 version, the only useful things you can make with titanium are the Titanium Shank and Titanium Bolts. There will be more Titanium Products once I finish debugging 0.1.2. They're not supposed to be more common than steel, and you would probably have a hard time finding the recipes if you have other mods installed.

As for the switching of Evasive Manoeuvres and Clockwork Android, it wouldn't work because the point of Evasive Manoeuvres is to be able to access it before you would access Swashbuckling in Piracy. I'd probably rather nerf Evasive Manoeuvres and buff clockwork android than switch them.

Edit: Are you a Scaly? Because I like Dragon Girls too.

17. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I have no idea why 0.1.2 keeps crashing, I've even tried remarking everything that's new. It seems to crash just as the first floor is loading(right after it says that the king has sent you to the dungeon to prove yourself), which means it might have something to do with dungeon generation, but my mod adds no new rooms yet. I don't even have a rooms.xml. Here's the crashlog:

Edit: Since my mod is under the upload limit, I'ma post the current version of 0.1.2. so that other modders can help me with my problem.

Attached Files:

18. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

You don't need to copy the files from the game, having a copy of the original files is really unnecessary.
    You have traps, they may be the ones making your game bug.

craft DB : Line 191, Position: 12 -- The item, 'Ilmentite', was not found.

19. Von Krieger

Von Krieger Member

Yup, scaly. :D

And I'll give the mod another run and report on how frequently I find Titanium.

EDIT: Floor 1 results:

On the Floor
    Steel ingot
    Native platinum ore
    Native gold ore
    Brass ingot
    Hematite x2
    Titanium ingot
    Titanium bolts, Stack of 7
    Copper Ingot

Craft Machines
    1 - Ilmentite ore, no other metal products

20. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I found out why it was crashing, and I found a typo bug. I recently changed "Ilmentite Ore" to "Ilmenite" ore(removing the T to correct spelling), and forgot to do the same with the spell db and craft db. The reason why it's crashing is cause of the new pngs I added. I swapped out the pngs for the older one and it works perfectly.(except now I dont have titanium coloured ingots/armour)

Edit: I fixed the PNGs by simply loading them into Paintbrush, and saving them(which adds a color profile to the image) The PNGs were first edited in GIMP to provide indexing, but those crashed, so I edited them, made them RGB Colour Space, and Added an RGB Colour Profile by Saving them in Paintbrush.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014