Tactics Mod 1.2: Be a smart melee fighter. FIGHT TACTICALLY

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

TACTICS MOD v1.3 by Ruigi​
    [​IMG]
    Feint (Cooldown: 2 turns)​
    [​IMG]
    You fool your enemy into raising thier guard at the wrong time with a fake attack. If successful, this will interrupt your enemy and make them less likely to block or counter your subsequent attacks.​
    Tactical Flexibility (Cooldown: 3 turns)​
    [​IMG]
    Your tactical training makes you more flexible than most would expect. You can dash to avoid sticky situations.​
    CROSS COUNTER (Cooldown: 7 turns)​
    [​IMG]
    You invite your enemy to attack you. For the next turn, any enemy that tries to hit you will likely get countered. CROSS COUNTER! Note: a bit awkward when used against enemies that are running away.​
    Focus Attack (Cooldown: 11 turns)​
    [​IMG]
    You use your turn to focus all your concentration into the attack on your next turn. This technique will protect you from physical attacks, but beware; if you get hit too many times you will lose your concentration.​
    Super Combo! (Cooldown: 44 turns)​
    [​IMG]
    You unleash multiple powerful attacks against a single target. This technique cannot be executed multiple times consecutively since each use exhausts your super meter.

FEATURES:
    • Adds the "Tactics" skill to the game. Designed to remove some of the uncertainty from melee combat, so that melee focused builds can play tactically, and not be so enslaved to the whim of the RNG.
    • The skill was designed with melee combat in mind, so you may not get as much benefit from using a rogue or wizard character with this skillset, however
    • I invite you to try various combinations and post your thoughts on gameplay balance in this thread or to me personally in PMs.
    DOWNLOAD:

--->>>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TACTICS MOD<<<---

changelog:
    1.0 Original Release
    1.1 overhaul of the Super Combo Skill, it should now be less glitchy. I also tweaked Cross counter and cooldown times across the board.
    1.2 modified tactical flexibility's dash technique so that it can not be used as a jump to cross lava/water tiles. It's not a jump, it's a dash. (can still pass through blockers) as a result, i've lowered the cooldown time. I've also added a few "invincibility frames" to super combo, and increased its cooldown time. I also raised the cooldown time of cross counter because it's really good, and i lowered the debuff magnitude and cooldown time of feint.
    1.3 FINALLY FIXED the corpse glitch with Super Combo, thanks Null

Kazeto and ElectricMessiah like this.
  2. jadkni

jadkni Member

Downloading and trying it out.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Same. Offhand I love the concept. :)

4. jadkni

jadkni Member

Okay, rather enjoyed this skill with two exceptions.

Tactical Flexibility seemed like it should be on a shorter cooldown for a blink that only goes two spaces out.

Super Combo is just... I don't even. There is something really screwy going on with this one. I end up just sitting there punching the air for ages. It ends eventually, but after two or three minutes of waiting it does get a little old. I like the idea, but there is something majorly messed up with it right now.

5. Ruigi

it happens when you target an enemy that is standing on corpses. i'm trying to figure out a way to make it less glitchy

6. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Don't think you can do much until the devs fix the corpse bug. Same thing happens with a bunch of normal spells too. For fun try casting a Tentacle Wand on a monster that's standing on a pile of corpses.

7. Ruigi

ok I can't make all of the glitchiness go away, but i did make most of it go away.

8. Euthymios

Euthymios Member

Haven't, and will not try it until I actually beat the vanilla. But with that said, I love the concept and I LOVE the street fighter references.

Great work, as always.

9. Onamar

Onamar Member

Yeah, the corpse thing even happens with stuff like the Railgun from the Clockwork Knights mod. It's pretty hilarious with some Clockwork Drill Bombs.

10. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Looks interesting, will be sure to give this a try on my next melee character.
    On another note, loving the Street Fighter IV'ish inspired skill names, but where's the ultra combo? :)

11. Ruigi

updated, v1.2

12. Ruigi

updated v1.3

Essence likes this.
  13. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I think most of these cooldowns can be reduced a little. Right now things seem a tad underpowered but if cross counter has a cooldown of say, 6, rather than 7, I'd feel less like the skills just waste points and slots. I do like what's going on here but this could use a buff overall and perhaps an extra level.

14. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

This mod needs the kind of love you've been giving CK. ;)

Zook and Kazeto like this.
  15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I agree with Essence there, Ruigi. It's the one melee skill (other than Clockwork Knight, but I classify it as a crafting-utility skill) I take (not always, but often) when playing a multi-purpose rogue, as it nicely compliments ranged attacks when something gets close without making me overly reliant on one weapon class.

So, pretty please, Ruigi? With cherries and strawberries on top?

Zook likes this.
  16. Ruigi

What does it need? better art? fixed bugs? complete revamp? new mechanics?

17. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

What it really needs right now is a big, hearty buff.

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I agree with Kaidelong. Maybe not with the "big, hearty" part, but the thing is, since many skills were changed to be stronger in the 2nd DLC, this one, even if interesting, is performing slightly inadequately.
    It's not that much of a problem, but it would still be great to get this skill tree to be more, well... relevant in the game.