Sweet, Sweet Swag

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Megaron, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Megaron

Megaron Member

Realm of the Diggle Gods required. (I think. Someone feel free to test it.)

This is a modification that adds many sweet treats in the form of items. Of all kinds! Food, potions, wands, drinks; a little of everything! Variety is the spice of life, after all.

The following is a list of the items included.

FOOD
    Pastries
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    These pastries recover both your HP and MP when eaten! Why? Who knows. Maybe someone spiked them. Or maybe they're just that tasty. Escalating amounts from one to the next kind and both recoveries to boot!

Gummi Diggles
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    credit to faxcelestis for the gummi sprites and the halo effect for luckburst
    Magical treats that will get you going when you need that little 'oomph' in your damage or resistance! Eating one will restore 15 HP over time, and empower you with the power of an element and the resistance to its opposite. Additionally, while those buffs are in effect, you have a chance to trigger a secondary effect, different for each type. Collect them all! For real this time.

POTIONS
    XXL-Sized Bag of Ultra-Sugared Throat Shatterers
    [​IMG]
    Presenting: Great-Uncle Myron's Original Original Throat Shatterers Recipe, but with four times the sugar! IN AN XXL BAG! Sweet mother of mary, you're not going to actually eat this, are you? This is enough to give you diabetes two times over! I mean, I guess you'll recover your health, but... Don't come crying to me when you can't move. (craftable, hidden)

Kool-Aid
    [​IMG]
    Need to escape in a pinch? Require a shortcut back to base? About to shoplift Trying to get into a closed off room? Then look no further than this little guy! Chug it on down and watch as the magic happens! Walls will be bust down! Secrets will be uncovered! shops will be lif Destruction will be wrought! OH YEAH! (craftable, hidden)

Dream Fluff
    [​IMG]
    Mmm, dream fluffs! Delicious, nutritious and cheap! Each one is packed with concentrated mental health, fully revitalizing your mojo and increasing the bounds of your imagination at the cost of less strength! You shouldn't go anywhere without a pocketful of these!

WANDS
    Rainbow Popsicle
    [​IMG]
    Colorful, unpredictable, and unfortunately unedible, this wand will fire off a magic missile from the power of a random element, with an added effect! Except for a couple, which are just damage or just effect. Still, glory to the RNG! (craftable, default)

Candy Cane
    [​IMG]
    Cute, sweet and innocent, right? Just a kids' treat, right? Wrong! This thing is vile. It will rip off your flesh and metamorphose it into something else. Hopefully something edible, so you can restore what you lost. (craftable, hidden)

DRINKS
    Nuka-Cola
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just like other adventurers could confirm, chugging down this delicious and unfortunately flat drink from ages far away will restore you! Or your MP, rather. Drinking it will net you two surprises, and a lot of mana regeneration!

SKILLS
    Sweet Tooth
    [​IMG]
    Willy Wonka doesn't have to be the only one making candy! Take it upon yourself to follow in his steps, create the candy you've always wanted, consume it, and become the most powerful sugar-being in the universe! Warning: Amount of candy to create actually limited. This skill is a wizard and gish support skill, not a crafting skill. It can be taken as a substitute to Fleshsmithing. Do not ingest more than two a day. Consult your doctor on whether this much sugar intake will hurt you.

-----
    That's all! If you have any suggestions for future items, graphics improvements, balance changes, etc, be sure to leave a comment! Download link is just below, no special procedures. Realm of the Diggle Gods required. (I think. Someone feel free to test it.)

Attached Files:

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I know this is somewhat unrelated, but I really wish there was a separate inventory for foods, drinks, and other consumables. As it is, I have too many items in most characters. Adding the thirteen items you have here would only add to the problem. I guess they can just be eaten when found, except the best of them that should be saved for dire situations.

Either way, I thank you for making this. I eat literal kilograms of Gummy-Bears every month. (Too bad there is no-one actually making Gummy-Diggles.) They are half my food intake. :)

DragonDai likes this.
  3. Megaron

Megaron Member

And we have the first update to Sweet Foods on our hands! This time, introducing drinks!

DRINKS
    Kool-Aid
    [​IMG]
    Need to escape in a pinch? Require a shortcut back to base? About to shoplift Trying to get into a closed off room? Then look no further than this little guy! Chug it on down and watch as the magic happens! Walls will be bust down! Secrets will be uncovered! shops will be lif Destruction will be wrought! OH YEAH!

Milkshake
    [​IMG]
    Nothing is purer than a milkshake. Concentrated strawberry and creamy goodness, this drink will make your aethereal energies rise, and will also make you feel cleansed. Or something. Just drink it when you're cursed. Beware the brain freezing!

Nuka-Cola
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just like other adventurers could confirm, chugging down this delicious and unfortunately flat drink from ages far away will restore you! Or your MP, rather. Drinking it will net you two surprises, and a lot of mana regeneration! currently, there is no use for one of the surprises. once the dlc comes out, however, there will be.

The update is below, and will be added to the main post shortly.

Attached Files:

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Is this the old "sweet, sweet swag" with that willy wonka like character as a preview? Because I cannot find that anymore.

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Vitellozzo likes this.
  6. Megaron

Megaron Member

Yeah, but this is the outdated version. I'm waiting till the workshop gets fixed, cause I'm unable to upload the most recent version for whatever reason.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

No updated version for the forums?
    Btw, I'll try as it is until the next release.

8. Megaron

Megaron Member

No need, here -- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pnx90g44ntalk8a
    Changes:
    -Milkshake removed--pointless.
    -Popsicle massively buffed, with a harder recipe.
    -Many descriptions modified.
    -You can now grind bottle caps into powdered aluminum.
    -Croissants and eclairs have been retconned into being spiked. You can distill them into Aqua Vitae.
    -Lots of sprites have been improved.

Additions:
    -Several kinds of candy vodka.
    -New skill: Sweet Tooth, a skill revolving around support for mages and gishes.
    --Level 0: Sweet Find - 10% chance to spawn a random gummi diggle when killing an enemy. Not skill-specific, but two of the same gummi color can be crafted into low-end alcohol in the form of that color Candy Vodka.
    --Level 1: Sugar Coat - Low-cost non-cancellable self-buff that grants +2:resist_hyperborean: +2:resist_existential: +3:armor_asorb: +25:reflection: - 6:resist_conflagratory:, and a passive +1:armor_asorb: +5:magic_resist:. Learn Burnt Marshmallow Vodka recipe--White + Red Vodka to make a high-end piece of alcohol.
    --Level 2: A Cottage Made Entirely out of Chocolate - High-end spell that spawns a blocker and, for 20 turns, hurts everything near it. Learn Minty Tea Candy Vodka recipe--Blue + Green Vodka.
    --Level 3: Sweet Harvest - Passive: Upon attacking an enemy or casting a spell, gain 1 stack of Harvested Sweet up to 50. Get two spells: Sweet Harvest and Sweet Harvest II. Upon using either of them, all stacks of Harvested Sweet are consumed. When using the orange one, you'll gain an amount of HP equal to the amount of stacks. When using the purple one, same, but with mana. You'll have to fish out one version from the spellbar. Learn Horrible Mistake Candy Vodka--Yellow + Purple Vodka.
    --Level 4: Sugar Blast - Spell on a 50 turn cooldown and a square formation, deals low :dmg_putrefying: and stuns everything caught in it.
    --Level 5: Candy Golem - Summons a very sturdy golem with little power. Upon death, it will burst into a ton of candy.
    --Starting item: Eccentric Tophat, +2:savvy:
    -New potion: Dream Fluff. Yes, THAT kind of Dream Fluff. Will instantly restore all your mana, and give -10:burliness: +10:sagacity: for a short while, turning you into a glass cannon.

Notes:
    -There is some unused items in the code, if you want to go in and strike them back in go ahead, but they're largely broken.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Megaron

Megaron Member

OmniaNigrum and Daynab like this.
  10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The glorious return of Sweet, Sweet Swag is finally here!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Megaron -- I was totally going to include this in the Community Skills Guide, but there are 2 problems I've found with the Sweet Tooth skill (and I haven't tested the Candy Golem yet).

First: Harvested Sweet never actually consumes the final level of the buff; it always just hangs out there with one iteration chilling letting you regen 1 additional health/mana every 5 turns (if you really care.) Not a gamebreaker, but it's clumsy.

Far more importantly: Sugar Coat really needs <allowstacking="0">. As it is, it's trivially easy to drive your Armor and Magic Reflect up to levels where only enemies that deal special damage types can hurt you at all. Sure, stepping on a Shoddy Dwarven IED will kill you instantly, but that's easily avoidable.

[edit]Also: the Red Diggle's special-effect fireblast centered on (and didn't effect) the target, but managed to light YOU on fire every time. Bad mix with Sugary Coating. Fixed that, too. [/edit]

I took the liberty of fixing both of those things and attached the spellDB.xml here. If you'd like to update it, I'd like to include the mod in the Guide. :)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Megaron

Megaron Member

Yup, yup, updating the Workshop version. Changes to Sugar Coat and Sweet Harvest have been inserted, but I'm not too sure what the other thing you're talking about means?
    EDIT: Appears to not be valid. Give me a second.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Essence

When you have Exalted by Fire, the proc that goes off should be <anchored=1>.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Megaron

Megaron Member

At the moment, I'm unable to update SSS. Feel free to make the necessary adjustments and use it, however.

Also, oooh, the red gummi diggle. Yeah, that could be a big problem. I'll fix that when I can update the damn thing.
    EDIT: Updated! Go ahead.

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. Essence

Could you update the OP, too, pretty please? :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

Drank a Nuka Cola Quartz. Crashed the game. (icon not found.)`

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  17. Megaron

Megaron Member

...that's decidedly odd. I haven't touched said item for a long time, in fact I've been using it consistently, and all seems to be in order. Are you able to reproduce it consistently? If so, can you test the other Nuka-Colas?
    EDIT: Also, can I have the exact error report, word per word? I'm just grasping at straws, but...

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. Essence

I'll see if I can't try it again when I get play time tonight. It' s worth noting that right before I got the error, I got the "Windows needs to increase the size of it's page file" message, so it might be something funky to do with that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

We cannot overlook the fact that seemingly random screwups tend to happen most often after that sort of thing. Thanks for letting us know the possibility exists. :D

20. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Vitellozzo likes this.