Swashbucklers Mod: More stuff for pirates!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Double post, but is better for the notification.
    I understood what appeared: Mo' Steampunk has caused several corruptions among every save game it partecipated. So, those first yellow error windows upon every load talking about a corruption of this mod was because of that mod. Maybe this is also the problem behind blademaster.
    Without the mod, I don't recall any other problem.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I have a way to avoid double posting partly. I double post, with the same text from my previous message if it is needed, and then delete the message before the new one. It makes sure the alerts are sent, and does not look quite as spammy. But it is not like we are running out of posts anytime soon. :D

shaken and Vitellozzo like this.
  3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Genius. I love this man.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Another little trick you can do, but this one would get you banned for abusing it. Make a post that everyone can and would agree to, then after they click "Like" reverse it to say something to the effect of "Anyone who likes this post is a dirty expletive." Use your imagination to word it in a way to make your petty victory worth getting banned for. After all, Daynab will likely just revert your post or even delete it altogether if you do that, so all you get is a few laughs as people realize they were setup. :D

I have had times were I was tempted to change my post to mean something like "But basic Human rights are something we owe to one another, do you still not agree?" When someone replies with a strongly opposed position to something completely unrelated, but fails to address what I said in any specific way.

But I like these forums too much to abuse them so blatantly. My abuse is subtle. I force Daynab to work his ass off at times... :(

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

On a similar note:

Person 1: *says something*
    Person 2: *says something mean*
    Person 3: *says "you're an @$$" or something, but without quoting person 2*
    Person 2: *deletes post*
    Person 3: *gets raged at for insulting person 1*

On topic:

Yar! Avast ye buckled swashes. (haven't had a chance to try this mod yet but looks like a lot of work went into it!)

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay, finally fixed the @#$@ing publisher.

Ruigi, I'll be in touch privately to get you a build you can use to do the upload.

7. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Ruigi, I've been getting this error when I have Silks of the Commodore equipped and get attacked (attachment).
    I get the same type of error when I have the weapon as well (iosaber64.png instead of the iosilks64)..

I tried unzipping the mod instead of leaving it as a zip in the mods folder and that didn't change anything :(

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

errrgh! shaken! CAPITALIZATION!

ugh this is a pain in the keyster

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

I tried changing the /skills/ files to all be lowercase but that didn't work.. I must have missed another instance where they're located =/

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Ruigi

ok my version seems to be working fine, and i fixed all the capitalization issues. I don't know what else could be the problem. are you using the mac version?

[​IMG]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Ruigi

I posted a new version with the captialization and a few other unnammed mostly uninteresting issues fixed.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. shaken

shaken Member

First time modding Dredmor, not surprised I screwed something up, but you have my apologies.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Ruigi

this is one of the reasons i copy paste literally everything.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Nope, I'm on Win7. Still got the error log but that's with my previous save game. If I could spawn the items for myself (without going thru tons of console commands), I'd check if a new game fixes it for me :/

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Ruigi

the changes that you make to the mod don't carry over into your savegame, you need to start a new game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Damn, alright. That sucks, got down to DL14 and was going strong :( As long as I didn't use any set items, I didn't have issues, but I crafted both the saber and the chest, wanted to see the set in action before I went deeper with that game. Ah well, thanks for the help.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. Ruigi

now i can't even see the subscription list

the upload still fails, but I get to the publishing phase if i select "no" to the validation prompt. So in a way that's an improvement.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Nicholas

That's because the entire Steam cloud is fucked right now. Let Valve get it back online, then let me know. (Subscriptions were working.)

This also ruined company TF2 day. For everyone.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. Ruigi

I... want to work at valve...

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.