Steam Powered Squire

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaustoMartense, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Warrior Skill Set inspired by the Clockwork Knight.

You are a Steam Powered Squire trying to earn your knighthood. Mostly by testing experimental gadgets that are similar to what a Clockwork Knight may use.

LVL0 "Mechanic Implants"
    You are using steam powered implants. (Just because I wanted to avoid Limb)
    [There is a chance of 10% to trigger the spell Buzz Buzz while atacking. This spell would trigger one of two, a boost to Melee power [3], Block [3] and Enemy Dodge Reduction [5] for one attack or a debuff to Melee Power [-3], Block [-3] and Enemy Dodge Reduction [-10] for one attack] Note: Both affect the user. it is a gamble at a 50% rate.

LVL1 "Grappling Hook"
    Active Skill (cooldown 25). Range. Basically a built-in version of the Clockwork Grappling Arrow that pull your enemies closer while doing damage.
    It deals Piercing damage and Blasting damage that should scale with Melee Power.

LVL2 "Overclocked Implants"
    Active Skill (cooldown 25). Buff user for 30 turns. Built-in version of the Overclocked Limps. It boost Melee Damage [3], Block [3] and Enemy Dodge Redudction [5]. It can be paired with the boost given by the Buzz Buzz spell.

LVL3 "Experimental Jet-Pack"
    Active Skill (cooldown 25). AoE around caster. It trigger one of two spells, a fire damage based explosion surrounding the character or a cloud that cause asphyxiative damage and cause confusion for eight turns. (Damage for both is somewhat low but the Confuse status is great if the second spell triggers)

LVL4 "Suit Sync"
    Passive. More affinity and control over your steam powered suit gives you a permanent boost in Counter [6], Armor [3] and Block [3]. It also have a chance of 8% to cast the Suit Sync spell when hit that gives a temporal HP [5], Armor [3] and Heal Regen [5].

LVL5 "Steam Punch"
    Active Skill (cooldown 25). Adjacent. Push the enemy 3 tiles away while doing crushing damage [5] and blasting damage [5]. The damage should scale with Melee Power.

The only permanent buff/boost is the one provided by Suit Sync (passive) that gives Counter [6], Armor [3] and Block [3], the rest are temporary buffs that can be paired together. If all the buff are active at the same time (unlikely but possible) you get a a total bonus (Suit Sync Passive included) of Melee Damage [6], Block [12], Enemy Dodge Reduction [10] (If you are using a full set of Clockwork gear, this will come in handy), Armor [6], Counter [6], HP [5] and Heal Regen [5]. Of course, that only happen if you have all the buffs active at the same time and since Overclocked from Buzz Buzz only last one turn... you will not keep it for long ;)

The mod is already on the Steam Workshop. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89695445

CHANGELOG:
    1.0.0 Uploaded.
    1.0.1 Fixed minor mistakes.
    1.0,2 Rebalanced. Nerfed Buzz Buzz and the two spells that can be triggered with it, separated the Buzz Buzz spell from Suit Sync, it has a separate buff.

As always, I am up for suggestions. I would really appreciate feedback on the bonus and skills. Also, if you have flavor text, do not hesitate to send me PM or write it here.

Attached Files:

2. lilystorm

lilystorm Member

Haha, now I can be a steam-powered squire and a clockwork knight at the same time!

FaustoMartense likes this.
  3. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

It looks a bit too much like the clockwork knight's idea and it boosts melee power (which you shouldn't boost THAT much) and block a ton. Looks overpowered in balance at both the buffs and debuffs as well.

4. It is based in the ClockWork Knight skill tree so it would look similar in some things but it is still different. The Overclockled Implants will stay like that because these are supposed to be a built-in version of the Clockwork Limbs. (I just used the boost of that particular item) but I can change the Buzz Buzz spell (especially the Overclocked buff that gives almost the same that the Overclocked Implants.)

The Buzz Buzz spell cast both spells on the user... while attacking or receiving damage, you can receive the Overclocked boost, or the Malfunction debuff. If you got both at the same time, they cancel each other... it is a gamble. You can have Overclocked and Malfunction cancel each other if they are both active, you can have Malfunction alone stealing your Melee Power or you can have Overclocked alone giving you extra Melee Damage. (I think that was not clear in my fisrt explanation)

5. Movra

Movra Member

I don't see a Summer Sale skill?

6. Nice idea. It sounds like a Five Finger Discount.

7. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Also, I don't see how it's a squire (knight's apprentice) in any way because it has higher stat boosts than the clockwork knight.

8. Yeah, you are right. But I did not know how to call it without using the name Clockwork Knight. Originally it was supposed to be a "Clockwork Knight of the Empire's Third Heavy Infantry brigade" since I totally wanted to use the Clockwork Grappling Bolt as one of the "skills" but I asked Ruigi for permission and he said Gaslamp have the rights to the Clockwork Knight... I do not why I asked... or why I avoided the names since it is a mod made for fun and not to sell, but I did it.

Then I imagined a unsuccessful Squire that got a second chance to become a Knight by testing equipment for them. :/ I am waiting for more feedback from other players to know if it really need re-balancing but of course I will take your opinion into consideration. :)