Started crashing on floor 15

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Falingard, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Falingard

Falingard Member

Hi there!
    This is my first post, so.... absolutely LOVE Dungeons of Dredmor. This game makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

That said, I had been playing a game on Going Rogue for a while now (without permadeath, but still) and all was going well until I got to floor 15 (with the Diggle Gods expansion, naturally). Now, if I try to go back up to floor 14, the game shuts down without any kind of error message. If I save, the game shuts down without any error message. If I keep playing, after some time the game shuts down without any error message.

The game was started before the latest patches and the expansion-pack-you-name, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Though I did play for probably the last 5 floors after those came out without any crashes (and I did save and go back up to previous floors a lot)... so I don't know.

I could try to keep playing and hope to get lucky and meet Lord Dredmor as soon as I climb down, but I have a feeling that might crash the game too. Still! great game that I have thoroughly enjoyed for months, and will continue to do so for a long time, with all the new stuff coming out :) I'd just like to finish this one ^^;

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I don't really have any solution to propose, unfortunately :( It's possible it's because your character is too old.
    but can you check your game folder for any crash dumps? .dmp files, see if there's any dated from your recent crashes.
    If so please upload one.

3. Falingard

Falingard Member

Hah... wow, I do have tons of those. Didn't know they existed! Thanks. I'll upload the most recent one...

Attached Files:

4. I'm having my game crash upon entering floor 15 as well. My circumstances are a little different though, as the character was started a couple of days ago without installing anything new. When I attempt to go down the stairs, the game simply CTDs or occasionally windows tells me that Dredmor has stopped working. Looking through the other threads on this matter, the culprit seems like it might be the mod Interior Dredmorating. I have that installed, what about you Falingard?

I have 12 dump files in my game directory. 10 of those are from yesterday, two are from about a week ago. Most of the ones from yesterday are probably from the DL15 crash, but it's probable that not all of the dumps are from this issue. I have a number of other crashing issues that I won't derail this thread with, but do you want all of the crash dumps or just the most recent (which should be from this issue).

5. Daynab

Thanks, we'll take a look at it.

6. Daynab

I think ID is currently bugged for DL15 since you're not the only one to say this.

7. Falingard

Falingard Member

I don't, actually, have Interior Dredmorating installed... the only mod I had subscribed to (in Steam Workshop) was Compleat Essential Skills, and that was still turned off in the Mod panel. And even after I 'unsubscribed' from it the crash would still happen :(

8. Daynab

Yes, I think your crashes are happening because the save is too old, but we don't know that yet.

9. Dr.Cthulhu

Dr.Cthulhu Member

Exact same issue, I'm afraid, so I figured I'd post here, as to not clutter the forum. Also had Interior Dredmorating mod active, but I can't see if disabling it helps since I can't load my save without it, of course.

It's sad, this is the farthest I've gotten, and Lvl 14 was pretty brutal in itself.

Dump File, taken just a short while ago.

Attached Files:

10. Createx

Createx Member

Looks like Interior Dredmorating all right, I need to do all of DL 14 again because it ate my save :/

11. Shaxarok

Shaxarok Member

I dunno, not everyone has ID. I do have it, and my crash is actually when I go up from floor 14 to floor 13. this character has been going for a week and a half or so, I guess.

Attached Files:

12. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Fixed as of today in ID 1.2.6.3

Link to ID 1.2.6.4
    Fixes the bug I made in 1.2.6.3 earlier today while fixing other bugs. In theory, all known bugs are now fixed.

OmniNegro likes this.