Sniper and Mechanic

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Cullen, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Cullen

Cullen Member

Sniper
    assassin64.png

Squawk and Awe. [Activate]
    bird64.png
    Attack target with a bird. really.

Zeroed In [Activate]
    pressure_point64.png
    Increase Critical Chance :crit: Damage :dmg_piercing: Sneak :sneakiness: and SIght range :sight: but Cannot Dodge :dodge: Counter :counter: and Block :block:. stack up to 2 time. Destroy on move

War Diggles [Passive]
    face64.png
    Activate after kill. Increase Damage :dmg_piercing: Critical Chance :crit: Nimbleness :nimbleness: Enemy Dodge Reduction :edr: Stack up to 5 time. Buff duration 25turn.

Numbing Bolt [Passive]
    para64.png
    21% Chance to paralyze target.

Dwarven Saturday Night Special [passive]
    bleeding64.png
    20% Chance to bleeding out target

Chasing the Breeze [passive]
    hide64.png
    Invisible yourself after kill

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum and Daynab like this.
  2. Cullen

Cullen Member

Mechanic
    mechanic64.png

Skills scale by savvy

Companion Drone Attack Unit [Passive]
    Clockwork2_64.png
    Every Attack deal additional damage

BIONIC ARM! [Activate]
    hand64.png
    Increase Melee power :melee_power: Nimbleness :nimbleness: Critical Chance :crit: Resist :magic_resist: Counter :counter: Piercing :dmg_piercing: damage and resist:resist_piercing: down time 20 Brittle 7

Personal Door Creation Unit [Activate]
    Mine64.png
    Dig Wall and gain item from follow list down time 150

Chalk
    Cassiterite
    Salt
    </effect>

Hematite
    Bituminous Coal
    Plastic Ore
    </effect>

Malachite
    Zincblende
    Oil of Vitriol
    </effect>

Native Platinum
    Native Gold
    Argentite
    </effect>

Personal Mob Disruption Field Activate [Activate]
    Energy64.png
    Surround yourself with lightning and buff yourself with Voltaic damage :dam_voltaic: up to 10 , Resist :magic_resist: up to 50 ,Block up to 30 :block: , Voltaic Resist 4 :resist_voltaic: and trigger Voltaic Empowerment. Lightning damage affected by savvy Down time 140

Active Mob Disruption Field Activate [Activate] Down time 70
    electronic_art64.png

Turn 0 : Cross Lightning 4
    Turn 1 : Cross Lightning 1
    Turn 2 : Cross Lightning 2
    Turn 1 : Cross Lightning 3
    Turn 2 : Cross Lightning 3
    Turn 3 : Cross Lightning 1
    Turn 4 : Cross Lightning 2
    Turn 3 : Cross Lightning 3
    Turn 4 : Cross Lightning 3
    Turn 5 : Cross Lightning 1
    Turn 6 : Cross Lightning 2
    Turn 5 : Cross Lightning 3
    Turn 6 : Cross Lightning 3
    Turn 7 : Cross Lightning Finish
    Turn 7 : Cross Lightning 3

Cross Lightning 1 : Deal Voltaic damage and paralyze for 1 turn and silence. damage affect caster. template 8
    Cross Lightning 2 : Deal Voltaic damage and paralyze for 1 turn and silence. damage affect caster. template 10
    Cross Lightning 3 : Deal Voltaic damage and silence. damage affect caster. template 21
    Cross Lightning 4 : Trigger Cross Lightning 5 template 22
    Cross Lightning 5 : Deal Voltaic damage silence. damage affect caster
    Cross Lightning Finish : Deal Voltaic damage and paralyze for 1 turn and silence and Trigger Cross Lightning 1 2 Effect to all affected target by finish. damage affect caster. template 98
    Cross Lightning 1 Effect : Deal small Voltaic damage and silence Affect caster template 8
    Cross Lightning 2 Effect : Deal small Voltaic damage and silence Affect caster template 10

Dropping the Large Hadron Collider [Activate] Down time 200
    Nuke64.png

Turn 1 : Self Debuff !
    Turn 1 : Count Down for 4 turn
    Turn 1 : Three
    Turn 2 : Two
    Turn 3 : One
    Turn 4 : ZERO
    Turn 5 : Bunker Buster Effect 1
    Turn 5 : Bunker Buster Effect 2
    Turn 5 : Bunker Buster Effect 3

! : Dodge Counter Block Resist -30

Three : Deal Aethreal damage template 22 affect caster
    Two : Deal Aethreal damage template 21 affect caster
    One : Deal Aethreal damage template 20 affect caster
    ZERO : Deal Aethreal damage

Bunker Buster Effect 1 : Deal Conflagratory damage template 101 trigger flame bombing
    Bunker Buster Effect 2 : Deal Conflagratory damage template 100 Affect caster
    Bunker Buster Effect 3 : Deal Conflagratory damage

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

If you want, I can write descriptive text for all your skills. If you're willing to put them into your mod to make it look better. It plays well, but if it looked better you'd get more views and more comments.

Cullen and Rarefied Horse Meat like this.
  4. Aegho

Aegho Member

You might want to change the ID numbers. Sniper has the same ID as Warlockery in 1.0.11 DLC beta.

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. Cullen

Cullen Member

Sorry for my bad english and later reply, and, If you do so I'd really appreciate that.

testing limit of number...

Mechanic(45) to 00000000000001 Sniper(44) to 00000000000002

bunker buster no longer use "Laser Aim". just deal aethereal damage with celestial_hit sfx

tested hide didnt work as activate/passive. did i release it?

energy wall balance nerf/buff

increase voltaic damage 1 up to 10

increase armor up to 3. slowly vanished after 7 turn

increase block up to 30. slowly vanish after 7 turn

increase resist up to 100

increase hp regen up to 1. vanish after 10 turn

increase reflect up to 60

trigger Voltaic Empowerment. effect is same as Voltaic potion

Mechanical Advantage got some nerf and brittle=7

Mechanical Advantage No longer reduce your health

I think i changed something to something but i forget to remember

Tried to make cannon and robot. uh.. Give me your idea

uploaded

6. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

I'll get to work on spiffing up your skillset then.

Cullen likes this.
  7. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Right now I don't think Mechanical Advantage is working as planned. The stack limit and brittle attribute aren't there, for me at least. Right now I've stacked it around 10-12 times and it's a little outrageous. :p I'm doing around and over 100 damage a swing and nothing can hit me with the huge counter I also have thanks to the buff, I hopped through a mysterious portal awhile back and it wasn't a challenge at all.

8. Cullen

Cullen Member

Fixed. didnt write stacksize="2" just allowstacking="2" :/ now it's fixed to stacksize="2" allowstacking="1"
    i think this skill is boring

what is difference allowstacking and stackable?

Icon fixed

uploaded

9. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Now I think something's a little wacky with Drone Attack. I was running a build with Dual Wielding and this, I was equipped with a Razor Sword and a Rough Iron Axe, I found a better piece of gear so I swapped it for the axe, after I swapped those weapons Drone Attack wouldn't proc anymore. I tried swapping the new weapon with the Razor Sword and attacking and Drone Attack did proc. Is this intended? It seems a little strange that Iron Axe + New Weapon works, and New Weapon + Razor Sword doesn't. :confused:

10. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

The desc for Sniper on skill selection.

You've been trained by the greatest Snipers in the world. You're polite, efficient, and have a plan to kill every Diggle you meet.

Hunter's Call --> Squawk and Awe

You can call upon your Avian companion to distract your opponent while you take a pot-shot at the poor bugger.

(If you can make the graphic look more bird like when it hit's do so.)

Sniping --> Zeroed In

You're taking careful aim down your scope, a new and improved aiming device made by the Bolt Council. The scope has two settings, but taking all that time in aiming doesn't give you much time to defend yourself from harm and you have to stay still.

Wraith of War --> War Diggles (reference to War Pigs)

Diggles are gathering into masses, just like Liches at black masses, but you have a bolt named Judgement Day for that.

Paralyzing Shot --> Numbing Bolt

You keep a number of bolts on hand for bigger beasties. This one is dipped in a potent venom making them freeze in place. (Note: Not Approved for Rhinos.)

Painful Death --> Dwarven Saturday Night Special

This ingenious arrow comes from the Legendary Dwarven plasticsmiths (before the Bolt Council had 'hired' them). Not content with an bolt that kills an opponent, they made sure that this bolt would make sure they the opponent would die cursing whoever made such an excessively painful bolt as they bled to death.

Ghost --> Chasing the Breeze

You've masted the art of bolting people down, now it's time to master running away from all his buddies after you take him out.

Cullen and Werediggler like this.
  11. Aegho

Aegho Member

Procs sometimes flake out when you change weapons(/books). I had a good lesson in that today when I equiped a burning tome, and it wasn't procing until I exited the game and started it up again.

12. Aegho

Aegho Member

He could always steal the attack animation from the new ravens, if he can find it.

13. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Hehe, nice TF2 reference there. Are you planning on spiffing up Mechanic also?

14. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

I recommend changing Mechanic to Thaumaturge. Thaumaturge means roughly 'wonderworker' and people who worked with machines back in the day could of been called that back in the day. While there's modern day stuff in DoD, the pinnacle of machinery is still steampunkish in nature. If you don't like this, I'll make a new desc but I like how this came out.

Thaumaturge

You've mastered the art of the Thaumaturge, a mystical assortment of engineering knowledge that Tinkers only dream of using. Sadly, most people think you're a bit crazy and they are most likely right.

Drone Attack --> Companion Drone Attack Unit

You've made a drone with limited AI and the ability to cause massive amounts of pain. Sadly, the AI is so limited that it will only attack when you yourself are attacking. At least it will never threaten to stab you.

Mechanical Advantage --> BIONIC ARM!

Replacing your arm with a bionic duplicate conveys a lot combat related benefits, but the loss of one of your natural limbs isn't exactly healthy. This is why you keep spare flesh arms to reattach. This is also why you got kicked out of the Tinkering Guild.

Work Work --> Personal Door Creation Unit

After stealing a 'laser' from the Tinkering Guild after getting kicked out for 'unsanitary body modification', you created this little number to let you make a number of holes in various buildings. It also leaves behind any usable materials for your inventions.

Energy Wall --> Personal Mob Disruption Field

This 'nifty' device sets up a stationary energy field around wherever you are currently located. Perfect for deterring any pitchfork wielded mobs set upon trying to destroy your latest creation and you, who just happens to be supercharged with the leftover energy.

Electronic Art --> Active Mob Disruption Field

This version of the Disruption Field is designed for when you want to bring havoc to the mobs set upon you by that jealous Tinkering guild. Causes widespread destruction in a radius that could possibly be called detrimental to society as a whole. Tends to cause vast disturbances to casters.
    (May I recommend that this can hit the user? If you do add this line to the description. 'Sadly, you haven't figured out a way for you to stay out of the crossfire.' What does Science of Silence do?)

Bunker Buster Bomb --> Revenge of the Scorned Thaumaturge

They called you a heretic saying you pushed the laws of SCIENCE! YOU'LL SHOW THEM. YOU'LL SHOW THEM ALL! HAHAHAHAHA!

Edit: If you want to keep the name Mechanic

You're an Mechanic, a man of intrigue and tenacity! Not to be confused with a Tinker, those poor benighted fools. Not that you care about them, (especially after they kicked you out of their guild).

Change Revenge of the Scorned Thaumaturge to Revenge of the Scorned Engineer or Maxwell's Demon Unleashed or Exterminatus Declared.

Engineer desc

They called you a tinker, but you deal with problems. Practical problems. This tends to make you not very well liked at parties due to crimes against humanity.

Bunker Buster Bomb ---> The Budapest Incident/Dropping the Large Hadron Collider /Nuclear Launch Detected/Everything Including the Kitchen Sink Bomb.

Bombs solve many problems, some including: Can I make a Lich without any bodily functions need a new robe? Answer: Yes, yes you can. (Tip: Don't be there when it lands.)

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

They laughed at me in Budapest!

16. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

It silences casters like Antimagic Field traps.

17. Aegho

Aegho Member

It's kind of not nice to go "Nice skill, now reflavor it the way I want it."

18. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

It can be engineering or Thaumaturge. It only takes a few sentences of revision. Please note I said...

If you don't like this, I'll make a new desc but I like how this came out.

Up to him, I'm doing it because I like the skill enough to help him finish it out.

Edit: The Spirit of the Muse visited me, I wrote what came down as I played an Engineer. I plainly left him an option to say he didn't like it. -sigh-.

Cullen likes this.
  19. Cullen

Cullen Member

Great indeed!

i think change bird to missile and new sound will solve the problem. but, where can i find bird sound?

This skill using same mechanism as Assassination. I think this is game's bug. or i didn't written something..

i found it. It is possible to use? .spr and 4 of file and fly r,l and idle r,l it's more like to be unit

I think Engineer is better. Energy wall and Electronic art i've got idea from hon engineer ult(aoe silence and damage) I've got idea from hellgate london Engineer's Drone(tried to make it as pet. but pets cant use range attack :/) But if you recommend to Thaumaturge

Need more nerf for balance. 100% Resist for 70 turn is really overpower nerfing it to 50% and 50 turn

20. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

Nah, it's your call. I left some changes in the post if you want to use Engineer. Or, Mechanic.