[skills] Blade master and Iaijutsu

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Cullen, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Cullen

Cullen Member

BladeMaster
    All skills Damage Scales to Nimbleness

No name : Nothing

+1 :nimbleness:

Thrust : 20% Chance to Cause Piercing damage and Bleeding. Drain Same Damage as target taken. 25 % Chance to trigger one more. Damage Scales to Nimbleness

Crimson Blade : Recover 4% hp per Attack.

Sword.. Energy? Attack one Close Enemy. Deal Slash damage to target and target's back. and goes boom and burn the filed.(Same Method to Dragon's Breath) Cooldown : 23 Turn

Dance of Blades : Attack one Close Enemy. Deal Damage to your front, side, back for 5 turn. Randomly. Cooldown : 30 Turn

Blade Frenzy : 50% Chance to Damage your close Enemies when killed one

Transcendent Blades : 30% Chance to Damage to Attacker. Activate : Damage to target

Swift Slashes :

Gain + 100 :counter:. Jump to target and Deal Damage. jump to template 1251 and deal damage to template 1252. jump to template 1253 and deal damage to 1252 and 1254. jump to target and Deal Damage, jump to 1255 and deal damage to 1256. jump to 1257 and damage to 1256 and 1258 jump to target and Deal Damage. Counter buff is vanish after monster turn is end.

1.png

+3 :nimbleness:

Iaijutsu

Iaijutsu Focus : Deal 1d6 damage. Gain another chance to trigger per 2 level(3 5 7)

+2 :crit: -1 :dodge: -2 :block:

Quick Draw : Attack one close enemy and Mobs lose their turn in 5 square. cooldown : 18 turn
    Gain Another Quick Draw at 5th level

-1 :block:

Cut off the Source of Curse : Self Curse Removal. Lose 3 max hp and 3 armor for 30 turn

+3 :crit: -2 :dodge: -3 :block:

Iaido : Attack one close enemy. Instantly damage to Side and Front enemies, Damage to Affected mobs in 2square far after 2 turn. and Damage to Affected mobs in 3square far after 3. Damage Scales to Nimbleness Cooldown turn : 35

2.png

-1 :dodge: -2 :block:

Quick Reaction : Gain Another Quick Draw as 15 Turn Cooldown. 20Percent chance to Trigger Extra Turn when mobs die

+3 :crit: -3 :dodge: -3 :block:

Shunpo : Dash to target. take one Backstep and Bash your target with Side enemies. Damage Scales to Nimbleness. Cooldown : 15

+4 :crit: +2 :sight: -3 :dodge: -4 :block:

Reaper : 50% Chance to Absorb Soul when killed a mob. which gives 5 mana and 2 Mana Regen for 30 turn
    • Soul Charged Blade : Infuse weapon with 10% mana. at least need 10 mana for Infuse. Deal Damage with 20% of mana as slash, Reduce 5 hp for 10 turn to target and Regen 2 mana for 6 attack. Need 1 mana per turn for Keep Up
    + 20 :mana: +5 :crit: -5 :life: -5 :block:

Moderate Movement : Increase 2 melee power and 10 Critical Chance and lose 5 armor and 300 block

Increases 2 melee power and 10 Critical Chance when Critical hit. Duration : 3 Turn

Increase 4 melee power and 20 Critical Chance when Critical hit. Remove Previous Buff. Duration : 4 Turn.

Increase 6 Melee Power and 30 Critical Chance when Critical hit. Remove Previous Buff. Duration : 5 turn.
    Remove this buff and Trigger it again when Critical hit. 'till battle ends

+5 :crit: +5 :counter: -2 :life: -5 :block:

Attached Files:

2. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

Haven't played it, but Carnage looks a little over the top in Zoos.

Edit: If you want, I can do what I did for your last two skills. Also, I think Iaijustu Master would be an awesome name for this skill. And, be an awesome Offensive skill to be a flavorful counterpoint to Bushido's Defense.

Cullen likes this.
  3. Cullen

Cullen Member

What is the exactly Iaijutsu? Searching it in google and it looks great. but i think i have to change skill first. hmm..

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's "art of drawing a sword", or something like that.
    Generally speaking, it's the ability to draw your sword in such a manner and that you can attack with it without pausing your movement. And it was created because Japanese were (and still are) crazy about traditions and ceremonies, and one couldn't have his weapon drawn during some ceremony even if he suspected of being targeted. Thus, learning how to draw their weapons efficiently.

PS. I prefer straight blades, so no iaijutsu for me, but one can't have everything...

5. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

Was Focus supposed to be a timed buff? Either the duration is supposed to be 10, and you set it to 1 or it's supposed to be fragile 1?

6. Cullen

Cullen Member

Fixed and i'll upload it sooner (confused with frames lol) ( i hope it's finished today.. here is 9:30 pm. not much time left)

attack="1" is doesn't work at all when triggerd by other(it's just me or need beta? and aikido is really turn dodge into counter attack?) just scaled by melee power crashing damage. fixed to scaled by nimble and as i said upload it sooner

Carnage will remove and it will change to buff name="fury" ( or i add both if my mind changed.. blade master carnage is can be theme? )

Slice Away is more useful. close enemies take damage right after use(scaled by nimble. not attack="1"(but still attack first target) still more powerful than old version(and still, weaker than what i expected) and far enemies take damage after 2 and 3(far enemies, but still range is same as old version) turn

7. Cullen

Cullen Member

How do i change Thread name?

any suggest for Iaijutsu? i'm not sure how do i make "art of drawing a sword" so i give it many extra turn is it not bad or bad? and if anyone want warrior i'll make it sooner(i think blade master is more like to warrior)

8. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

Lemme play Iaijustu and I'll let you know how I think about it.

9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I can change it, what do you want me to name it to?

10. Cullen

Cullen Member

[skills] Blade master and Iaijutsu

Daynab likes this.
  11. mining

mining Member

You've got some stuff in there thats fine for Dredmor but bad XML practice in general, i.e. comments within comments. If you go to steam workshop, this will probably cause issues with Glazed's validator.

12. Cullen

Cullen Member

I didn't Expected someone see this. comments(or just self-note) added in spellDB

Fixed in skillDB but not spellDB. I'm not sure how do i fix this. it's says all effect type="buff" has problem but i don't think it's problem

fast draw didn't work. Ghost Rush was work fine so i didn't test.. i thought i had test about it.. anyways fixed but i wonder someone playing this

this mod really require expansion?

Deadly Strike and Focus seems useless. hmm..

uploaded

13. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

I've been having issues with your extra turn skills. It sometimes works, sometimes it's like I'm stuck unless I manually skip a turn.

14. Cullen

Cullen Member

I'm sorry for wasting your time. next time i should more carefully and test

15. BladeOfGrass

BladeOfGrass Member

Isn't that what we players are for? Frankly, your mods get ten times better every time you go back and work on it, so keep it up.

Essence likes this.
  16. Cullen

Cullen Member

next time i'll upload as beta instead of just release.

I didn't know Iaijutsu Master is D&D skill(why every skill set have difference skill with same name?). but i'm not sure how do i make similar to this(no initiative or sheathe)

Added Iaijutsu Focus. deal extra damage with high chance. extra damage is 1d6 damage and Increase by +1d6 per 2 level(Iaijutsu) and focus removed

Do you think deadly strike is reasonable? Problem is that damage(risk) is Reduced by heavy armor and 4~15 nimble penalty is really nothing. I think it should replace with something.

What do you think about spectral blade? i think this skill set should more risky. and that damage is too small (0.1 by per max mana) but its good with gish

*Edit* Deadly strike removed. still not sure spectral blade

*Edit* Where i can get icons? and i found some of icons in google search. can i use this? i don't wanna go to jail..

*Edit* Spectral Blade didn't work. I tested it 3 time and certainly work. and then add mana regen per hit, then broken. damn it.
    Was bit hard(oh well. it was fun) to fix because one buff cannot trigger more than one and somehow couldn't use one more buff. tried to make it work like vile poison but it was just make me waste time. anyhow, Fixed

*Edit* Iaijutsu code is done. coding blade master and sniper and Engineer seems need more nerf(millions of bolts..) zeroed in will deal damage with edr and Dwarven Saturday Night Special will 30% chance deal 0.25 edr damage and 15% chance to one more. chasing the booze will removed and replace it with something. and i will add empty lung. Increase edr for 3turn and after 3turn reduce edr for 3turn. Squawk and awe need to change.

*Edit* Iaijutsu is now much much better than old version. ten time? i hope more. Increase many Critical chance and reduce dodge and block chance. soul charged blade deal 0.1 to 0.3. but still require more test.
    and i'm learning art of drawing. not sword though..

17. Frelus

Frelus Member

Strangely, I cannot see these mods in my modloader.
    Anyone know what the issue could be? I've got it in the mod folder.
    Edit: Same with Swift Striker Oo
    Edith greeting again: Works after unzipping...

18. Cullen

Cullen Member

Sorry for telling you this.. mod is Updated and not loadable. and sorry to all for late update Edit : i mean was not loadable save. not mod in mod launcher. sorry for bad English

here's detail for it

all BladeMaster skill Damage Reduced

Add Thrust : 20% Deal 0.3 per nimbleness + 1 damage as slash and drain same hp as target taken. Thrust may trigger one more

Crimson Blade : No longer buff you names Fury. Every attack Recover 4% HP (you may think it's too much. but if you have 50 hp it just heal 2 hp)

Add Sword.. Energy?(?) : Attack a Adjacent Target and Deal 0.3 per nimbleness + 6 damage as slash, Deal 0.5 per nimbleness + 4 damage to target's back. Deal 0.3 per nimbleness + 2 damage to target's back's back (same method as dragon's breath) goes boom at third square with burn the field. Deal 0.1 per Nimbleness + 1 damage as fire

Add Dance of Blades : Attack Adjacent Target and Damage to your Front, Side, Back(Attack random Square of front. side, back) for 5 turn. Deal 0.3 per Nimbleness + 3 damage as slash

Blade Frenzy : Trigger Chance reduced to 50%

Transcendent Blades : I think i changed something

Now Iaijutsu has penalty for dodge/block and damage and Critical Chance greatly Increased

Add Iaijutsu Focus : 50% Chance to Deal 1-6(Including 2 3 4 5) Gain Another Chance at 3 5 7 level with iaijutsu.

+2 :crit: -1 :dodge: -2 :block:

Quick Draw : "Slash, Shake off, and Sheath Sword without taint your blade. Attack your foe without lose turn. you gain another Quick Draw at 5th level"

-1 :block:

Add Cut off the Source of Curse : Simply Self-Curse removal. lose max hp and 3 armor for 30 turn cooldown 10

+3 :crit: -2 :dodge: -3 :block:

Iaido(Slice Away) : damage Reduced

-1 :dodge: -2 :block:

Add? Quick Reaction : Gain Another Quick Draw, 20% chance to gain Extra Turn when you kill victims

+3 :crit: -3 :dodge: -3 :block:

Shunpo(Ghost Rush) : Now Break Wall so you "Hard" to fail when use. But beware of stuck.

+4 :crit: +2 :sight: -3 :dodge: -4 :block:

Add? Reaper(Spectral blade) : Soul Charge buff duration Increase to 30 turn. stack up to 80. gain 5 max mana and 2 regen.
    50% Chance to trigger when your victims killed and 25% chance to trigger when Attack your target

Edit : You can charge your weapon with 10% of maxmana. at least need 10 mana for charge(10 mana for use. take same mana and real deal). deal 0.3 per mana damage

+ 20 :mana: +5 :crit: -5 :life: -5 :block:

Add Moderate Movement (Hiten Mitsurugi ryu? I think it shouldn't kill something.. any better name?) :
    Hiten Style +10 :crit: +5 :counter: +2 :melee_power: -5 :armor_asorb: -300 :block:

When Critical : +10 :crit: +2 :melee_power: for 3 turn

Critical with new Buff : Block 1. level Remove Previous Buff and +20 :crit: +4 :melee_power: +1 :crit: for 4 turn

Critical with new new Buff : Remove Previous Buff and +30 :crit: +6 :melee_power: for 5 turn

Critical with new new new Buff : Remove Previous Buff and +30 :crit: +6 :melee_power: (for Repeat 'till battle ends)

When Counter : +5 :counter:

Counter with new buff : Block 1 level. Remove Previous Buff and +10 :counter: +1 :counter:

Counter with new new buff : Remove Previous Buff and +15 :counter:

Counter with new new new buff : Remove Previous buff and +15 :counter:

+5 :crit: +5 :counter: -2 :life: -5 :block:

19. Cullen

Cullen Member

I think decently done. Not perfect though. Could you do me a favor?

and is this flavorful for counter-point to bushido? i'm not sure what exactly bushido but it looks like defensive skills. so i made all skills focusing on attack without guard

20. Frelus

Frelus Member

I got the problem fixed:
    put the modfiles directly into the zip file, not in another folder in the zip file:
    Like:
    mods/modname.zip/skills (etc)
    and not
    mods/modname.zip/modname/skills (etc)
    To fix the latter, either put the files into the prime directory in the zip file, or unzip the file so you have
    /mods/modname/skills (etc)
    I found this when half my normally dl'd mods didn't work.