[Skill] Atheist Monk

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by dehodson, Jan 3, 2012.

1. dehodson

dehodson Member

Updated! Version 1.1.1!

This is my first mod, and it's probably (still) full of balance issues, so any feedback is helpful.

[​IMG]
    Skill: Atheist Monk
    High on the eastern mountains you spent years honing your disbelief. Now, in your darkest hour you can put it all to good use.

[​IMG] Ability one: Nonbeliever
    Righteous, Aetherial, Existential and Necronomical damages have nothing on you, because as far as you're concerned there's no such thing.
    (+1 :resist_righteous: +1 :resist_nercomatic: +1 :resist_aethereal: +1 :resist_existential:)

[​IMG] Ability two: His Noodly Appendages
    Ironically pray to FSM to heal your wounds. He does it anyway because he gets the joke.
    (Gives you access to a healing spell (65 downtime) )

[​IMG] Ability three: Disprove Existence
    Show the target creature that simple logic dictates that they don't exist.
    (Does 20 existential damage to the target creature (10 :mana:) )

[​IMG] Ability four: The Athe-est
    You don't believe in anything. Not even yourself.
    ( +7 :resist_righteous: +7 :resist_nercomatic: +7 :resist_aethereal: +7 :resist_existential: +5 :stubborness:)

[​IMG] Ability five: Sagan Power
    Harness the power of the Sagan to bake an apple pie from scratch.
    (Creates a universe-shaped mine that, when triggered, drops an apple pie. (90 downtime) )

Download Here

---------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    1.1.1 - Fixed to compensate for the new fix by the dev team.
    1.1 - Nerfed nonbeliever and Athe-est. Lengthened cooldown for Sagan Power. Made Sagan Power final skill.

Zennock, Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I like the idea, and your icons are awesome. Definitely giving this a try soon (and I'll add it to the sticky once people report it's playable)

3. Rogue, wizard or warrior?

Edit: Also, is it possible to make him unable to use anvil of krong, lutefisk god and inconsequentia statues? You could add more buffs to compensate for that kind of disadvantage, and it would be awesome!

EDIT TWO: Also, can you say ludicrously awesome with necronomiconomics?

4. dehodson

dehodson Member

Yeah, I considered that but I didn't think it was possible with the current modding tools. If it is, please let me know!

5. Currently I have no idea whether that's possible. If not, you can ask for hooks in the mod requests thread on this section.

Also, did you see my second edit?

6. dehodson

dehodson Member

No, I didn't. It actually might be OP if paired with necronomiconomics. I'll work on it.

7. it seems to be working. It's a wizard class, as I had assumed.

Nice workaround for that stat bug btw!

8. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

What stat bug, and how'd he work around it?

9. Stat boosts currently aren't added with each level by mods, so he made a "1 mana per 100 turns" buff that provides the desired stats.

10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I *love* the icons.

11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Seems all good. IDK about the capstone skill basically being a redo of the first skill only bigger -- it's a little like why bother -- but I'm certainly going to have some fun playing with it.

Oh, and can someone explain the apple pie thing? :D

12. dehodson

dehodson Member

The skill creates a mine, shaped like a spinning universe. When it gets tripped, it explodes and leaves an apple pie in its place. It's a reference to the Carl Sagan quote, "If you want to bake an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Essence likes this.
  13. Dude, I'm an atheist and I have no f*cking clue what he's going on about with that.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to refresh the page. Silly me.

14. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Sagan Power is so much lol.

15. Yeah, Necronomiconomics + this = omgwtfbork. You take no damage from using the first level spell at all.

But I'd get the input of others before you change it.

16. Oh, and if achievement support is ever added for mastering mod skills, you simply HAVE to title the "master the atheist monk" achievement "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!?"

17. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I like the original artwork for the icons, but the skills themselves need to be redesigned from a balance perspective.

18. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Moar details?

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I agree with this. It's a really great idea, just have to get the skills right. I'd say the last skill should be different and the first skill a bit less overpowered.

20. Maybe "Common sense", providing some small general intelligence, trap sight, etc buffs?