New Forums!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by deek, Mar 15, 2011.

1. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

Gaslamp Games has moved to XenForo forums for our new forum software. Please feel free to give us any and all feedback!

2. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Excellent! Some proper editing tools, at last! I couldn't use my old picture, but this one will do just fine (especially 'cause it has the IE kid eating glue).

I've been considering making up some DoD-based fiction, maybe now I'll get around to doing it.

3. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

Quite sexy, well done guys! :D

4. Scorcher24

Scorcher24 Member

Actually, I hated the old forums. That's why I never signed up.
    Those are much more shiny.
    Did the Lutefisk god send them to you?

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much same as Scorcher here. The wait was worth it!

6. Marak

Marak Member

I love this forum software. Terraria's "official" forum is running on XenForo software as well, and it's by FAR the most user-friendly forum set-up I've posted on. Not having to type in [something][/something] tags all the time to bold text or use itallics or post images makes posts much faster to compose - and they tend to look better, too.

So yeah. Great choice, I approve :)

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Any chance you could run a script that converts any existing HTML in posts into BBCode?

8. deek

We are planning on selecting some mods here in the future and we might have some of them do this. If it is a large amount I may try and script a solution.

9. Jack Burton

Jack Burton Member

I agree with Marak, the "last" forum was just terrible to look at, but that´s a good thing, because with the old "style" in mind the new one looks even more attractive.

10. Internets

Internets Member

yay, the joys of xenforo and not Vanilla forums lool.

11. firefly28

firefly28 Member

Deek the old forums were a mess in that I looked at them and though thats a blog with blog links. In fact one of the links took me to a blog page and I misposted but I meantioned DoD and said you folks got an epic game and I was extualing the virtues of DoD. I then went on about how classic roguelikes that have survived years always have a solid forum and suggested a look like say Rouguelike temple.

Anyway to wrap up I am pleased you folks have taken that advice of myself and no doubt LOADS more people since you have just created the possibility for a thriving community

These forums are so much better and look like a worthy forum of such a game.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Seriously!

Good job, I think this will even help game sales.

The last forums made me feel like it was once of those russian companies where its like "The game is made now , you spent your money, bye and half our links dont work" , offcourse thats an unfair representation of DoD so you have done the game a massive service!

Well done!

12. This XenForo has inspired me to set up my own forum in the near future, it's freaking sweet. Sometime I may have to hit you up to ask what sort of alterations you made yourself!

13. deek

There aren't too many alterations actually. We use a couple of plugins for Steam identities and edited the templates to remove trophies and other small tweaks.

14. Cool deal, they're real slick.

15. Godwin

Godwin Member

These are pretty good... could one remove the 'like' feature easily? Asking because I might set up a forum soon too.

16. deek

Removing features is pretty easy. You can just comment out the specific code in the template(s) and it's like it never existed without having to edit anything in the actual PHP code. PM me if you want more details.

Godwin likes this.
  17. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Riiiiight

18. mining

mining Member

That's my job ;)