More Fountains mod

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Alistaire, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Vitellozzo and Daynab like this.
  2. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

-placeholder-

3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Is this somehow balanced to core game?

4. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Yes, it uses some core game spells and has the same good-to-bad ratio for fountain results.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It's from this mod the slime polymorphing effect?
    If yes, YOU WIN THE GAME MAN.
    I really liked it.
    Too bad fountains aren't really gamechanging and it's somehow dangerous to use them when there are many enemies... and that doesn't even happens too often to be "gambleable".

6. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Well the vanilla fountain effects were too boring and there were very few of them, so I basically expanded them. I also want to add more fountain rooms in a later version.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I recently found this mod after being out of the loop for Dungeons of Dredmor, and I've been playing with it so far, and I like it!
    It's a lot of fun. I know all it does is add new fountain effects, but that's something I feel was needed!

I don't expect to ever be lucky enough to find a crownstar with the mod enabled, :p , but I have indeed found some nice effects from the fountains.
    The batty one so far has been the most annoying to get, but thankfully, it also sometimes summons a ton of battys to help you.
    I managed to find a few items from fountains, but so far the best payout on that was two amethysts, I hope there are better ones. :)
    I'd imagine this mod would work well in those fountain heavy rooms in Wizardlands.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  8. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I've fixed every double buff icon (everything used vanilla buff icons). They currently are very uninteresting blue icons a.k.a placeholders, but there's no crashes. I'm sorry, it shouldn't have crashed to begin with.

I'd like to continue updating the mod, but I don't know what to focus on really. I could add a lot more effects (which are partially teased in the spellDB.xml) or make the current ones better art-wise (custom animation, actual icons), or I could focus on specific fountain effects only (polymorphs, stat buffs, damagebuffs). Or even something else..(?)

Thoughts?

Vitellozzo likes this.
  9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

You could even make fountain rooms, even putting hordes or minibosses into it to add more effectiveness to fountains (usually they give you buffs when no one is around or they heal when you don't need it).

10. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Btw the thread can be moved to Mod Releases.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I drank into a fountain, I read something about "everything is getting bigger" and then I saw the desktop, after a sudden crash.
    Meh.
    Maybe I'll put an eye into it.
    :edit: Funny thing is, I thought the fountain was from this mod, but it seems to not have any spell calling anything "big", "bigger" or "small" nor "smaller", and I cannot recall the complete text.
    Scanning other mods.

Btw, do "fountain name" make the spell workable into fountain form?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016