Mod: Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee Visit Dredmor...

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by MonsterMod, Aug 30, 2012.

1. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee walk into a dungeon...

[​IMG]
    Introducing the World Premier for the (Monster) Mod that will save humanity and Melee everywhere.
    What This Mod Is
    This mod introduces two new melee classes. It also (hopefully) addresses some of the weaknesses that melee characters have suffered. Either class is fairly strong on their own, but combined they have very powerful synergies. Chuck is very offensive oriented, with quick cooldowns, amazing mobility and AoE, as well as some killer stacking buffs. But the catch is, you need to be in the middle of the pack smacking things to get the most power from them, thus getting pounded. That's where Bruce comes in.
    Bruce is a defensive juggernaut. His retaliatory strikes and stacking defensive buffs/debuffs mean he gets stronger the more he gets hit. You heard that right. Oh, and he has a secret weapon that makes playing melee viable. You no longer have to cheese Lord Dredmore and Vlad Digula. Or you might. But the point is, you will be able to at least hit them now, so with really good gear and skill, they are (potentially) beatable with melee!
    The Skills!

Chuck Norris
    [​IMG]

In Your Face
    Chuck's classic face smash/ball kick combo. Blasting damage, small frontal AoE attack, scales with Melee Power. And it breaks walls.
    Unleash The Beast
    Unleash the Beast. From a distance. And watch evil grown men and monsters cry. Ranged, target centered AoE, Blasting/Righteous damage, scales with Melee Power. Breaks walls, of course.
    The Urge to Purge
    You eat raw eggs for breakfast. A side of beef for lunch. And you use this to cleanse it all out. Removes curses and corruptions, and a small heal based on magic power.
    Fight like Jackie Chan
    You are able to strike an opponent so quickly, you can pluck out their heart without them realizing it. And then eat it to regain health. Chance for health drain and corpse drain, scaled to EDR and Burliness, respectively.
    Chuck Jumps The Shark
    You fly through the air and deliver an explosive roundhouse...literally. Blasting/Conflagratory damage that scales with melee power. AoE centered on player. Smashes furniture, so be careful.
    Movie Star
    You are famous! They pay you to kick ass while wearing makeup. Adds a stacking offensive melee stat buff when you strike an enemy.
    Hammer Time
    Your many years in the Dojo have taught you a few tricks. This one is pretty neat. Chance to sneak in a hammer smash when you critical strike. Maybe even paralyze them with fear. Scales with Haywire.
    Bruce Lee
    [​IMG]
    Revenge
    Hit me. I dare you. Melee chance to counter when hit, based on the strength of your Armor.
    Retribution
    My Yin trumps your Yang, Grasshoppa. Delivers an AoE melee strike when you counter an attack.
    Master of the Shield
    Your skill with the shield causes opponents to lose their nerve, as well as their offensive power. Stacking AoE offensive debuff chance on a block.
    Cobra Reflexes
    You have lightning fast reflexes. So fast, in fact, that you sometimes cause people to drop their defense in awe. Stacking AoE defensive debuffs on a dodge.
    Mirror Skin
    The longer the battle lasts, the stronger you get. You become familiar with the enemy's magic, and develop a certain resistance to it. Stacking defensive resist buff.
    God Of War
    As your enemies grow in number and strength, your resolve sharpens and your training and instincts take over. You become stronger than you ever thought possible. Stacking defensive buff.
    Poison Shuriken
    You have mastered the darker arts of the Samurai. Your envenomed shuriken is so tiny, but yet so powerful. Your poison reduces the defense of Lord Dredmor and Vlad Digula so that they can be hit for a time with your melee attacks. But be wary, they are still extremely strong, and considered gods.
    Credits
    I need to thank Essence, creator of The Compleat Essential Skills mod. I used it as a learning tool as this is my first Dredmor mod. His awesome mod can be found here.
    About the Author
    This is my first Dredmor mod, and I have not had a chance to fully playtest this. I have tweaked it a lot and it seems fairly balanced, but feedback is appreciated. It is tuned more towards the hardest difficulty, and it starts fairly strong, but seems to level off as you progress. Anyway, thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

Attached Files:

SemiGnout, Essence and Daynab like this.
  2. Syphonix

Syphonix Member

As was once requested of me on the first mod I uploaded to these forums, it helps to give a layout and description of each spell. Some people don't like to go in blind :)

Congrats on your first Mod! I'm sure most will agree that new faces are always welcome.

3. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Good idea. It is late now, so probably will do that tomorrow.

Ok, since it is just after midnight, it is technically tomorrow. So I posted the skills.

4. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Ok, I had a chance to playtest this a bit, running with rogue Renovations, MoreDred, Interior Dredmorating, and a few others.. Mod is a blast when you play as melee with both Chuck and Bruce skills. It is probably overpowered somewhat, since their synergies really stack up. Granted, I got lucky with insane item drops (50 slashing sword on level 5, wtf). I got alot of the very best gear in game and had insane stats, so maybe it's not my mod that is overpowered, but some of the items from other mods. Hard to say, but it was still fun. I was able to melee down Dredmor without much trouble (I didnt even use Poison Shuriken skill on him), although it was a close fight. With vanilla game items, that would have been alot harder for sure, if even possible.

5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I'll try those as soon as possible... but I always wonder why melee characters are considered underpowered for Big D.; this since my only successful run was with a full melee character (half warrior half rogue, since fungal arts and werediggle).
    Anyway, cool ideas.

6. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

New file up. Nerfed a couple bunch of things and fixed some gameplay issues. Detailed patch notes are ...non-existent. It's better though! Should be more challenging, but I kept all the same skills, and refined some.

7. General Havok

General Havok Member

Any chance anyone can get in contact with this mod creator to get this lovely melee mod on steamworkshop?

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

PM them, if they haven't removed the option it will send an email.

But why do you need it to be on the workshop? Both mods downloaded through here and the workshop should work together.

9. General Havok

General Havok Member

I know they work fine for both, was asking more so for steam users (I own both steam and non steam versions of the game) who do not come to the forums.Will pm the author just the same I think the steam users who do not come here would love it.