Looking for dedicated alpha testers for Not All That Secret Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Note to self for when I wake up: it should be "Musashi's Duelling Stance" and "The Montoya Defence".

Also, Touche sucks.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I played with Sword Mastery and I can agree here.
    Maybe a stun effect can work better? Stun is funny.

Also, I propose the title of the patch: "Dungeons of Dredmor 1.1.3: Dummy Efforts".

Do we want to start talking about some rooms, too? ^^ Diggles break things.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loren

Loren Member

I think that the people who like to make/do rooms are aware of the issue. IIRC, I read something like that on the forum.

Also, it's kinda fun to play while almost asleep. All of the sudden I'd be done with a fight I don't remember starting. I seemed to avoid traps better than when I'm awake, too. I think I died from a miniboss.

I did go to sleep shortly after my dad essence told me to. Way to ruin the fun. :p

4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yeah. And it works great also with pokemons: suddenly, 1 hp.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Make Touche buff your counter and then deal high damage, an attack and a stun to the first enemy you counter.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

I replaced it with Lunge -- a strike that does +Melee Power piercing damage and then debuffs you for -50 Dodge for 2 rounds on a 6-round timer. Emphasizes the whole 'single combat' of Swords.

Though...I like your idea a lot, as I think about it.

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can go even further, because he was channelling my spirit when he said that.

And playing while almost asleep is fun. Almost as fun as writing code when almost asleep (you start writing, you wake up, you look at the code, and you wonder if drinking bleach wouldn't be a better alternative to trying to decipher it).

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Essence like this.
  8. Essence

On second thought...I like the idea of the counterbuff + decent counterattack thing, but do we really want to give Swords a paralyzing attack? Right now Staves has a paralysis procs stance and Maces has an activated paralyzing attack (and Unarmed has an infrequent paralysis effect in Nerve Strike.) Is adding it to Swords overkill?

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think that if anything, each weapon proficiency skill tree should have its own debuff for the targeted monster, and not necessarily paralysis. I think that giving it a "disarmed" debuff that would decrease damage (it's a good thing for a skill that counters the first hit that happens, and it will be tactically useful) instead of paralysis will be more in-theme and more balanced.

10. Essence

OK, New Files Uploaded. I swapped out Lunge for Poste, changed some names (will break saves), and...I think I fixed at least one thing in all that, but I don't remember what it is.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

Known Issues:

Counterbuffs (Poste, Sword Poetry) seem to be nonfunctional. Do they not work inside buff tags?

the Lighting Blaster portion of Mjolnir Stance is not proccing.

That's actually all I have right now. Anyone else have anything?

[edit]Oh, yeah: new files uploaded to fix the icon problem with Poste.[/edit]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Loren

Loren Member

• combat momentum and woad warrior have a 100% proc chance and don't have an "invisible" name
    • lone ninja badassery, and inverse minion law are also 100% w/o invisible, but they're player hit, so I don't know what you want to do about that. I'd very much prefer they are invisible, too. The stacking buff icon should be enough to make people realize they've been hit and now have a buff.
    Edit: come to think of it. I don't remember if the text shoes up when the player is hit. See? This is why I normally PM my findings. Then I only look dumb in front of one person.

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Essence like this.
  13. Essence

Good catches, thanks.

[edit]Found the problem with Lightning Blaster. it was a typo in the trigger ('lighting blaster').[/edit]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

So no matter what I do, I can't get counterBuff to work anywhere, anyhow. Knallis said he's having the same problem. In fact, the only instance of counterBuff that anyone seems to ever actually see working is Clockwork Reflexes, which doesn't look, when you read the code, like it should do anything at all.

I'm completely fucktupled here. Any geniuses out there with some obscure knowledge I'm missing?

[edit] Correction -- I've now gotten it to work, but it can apparently only trigger type="self" and type="template" effects. I think maybe it's not passing it's targeting information on to the spells it triggers, which is truly frustrating.[/edit]

15. Essence

Ok, so I have kind of a workaround. The type="self" buffs that counterbuff triggers come into being before the actual attack is resolved (making me wonder seriously whether or not the debuff I had suggested as the 5th level of Axes would have worked after all). So I can make Sword Poetry into a zero-turn damagebuff asphyxiative="12", and it'll actually apply that damage to your counterattacks. it's fixed, sadly, rather than scaling, but it's about the only option I see here.

Unless...maybe I can do a zero-turn buff with a targethiteffectbuff in it? And THAT will go off on the counterattack?

Testing!

[edit]IT WORKED! You can totally fake a counterBuff triggering a type='target' spell thusly:

Code:
    <spell name="Sword Poetry Attack!" type="target">
    <effect type="damage" asphyxiative="8" asphyxiativeF=".25" primaryScale="2"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/fleshbore/fleshbore" frames="7" firstframe="0" sfx="fleshbore" framerate="100" centerEffect="0"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Sword Poetry" type="self">
    <buff attacks="1" icon="skills/warrior/swordplay3_64.png" smallicon="skills/warrior/swordplay3_32.png">
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="100" name="Sword Poetry Attack!"/>
    </buff> 
     </spell> 

That totally acts just exactly as if you had a counterbuff directly triggering Sword Poetry Attack (and it worked right.)

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

No stun on level one, please. ^^
    No. And yes.

Also, do we have a crossbow effect which breaks on move? Because aiming when crouching is way better than aiming when standing up.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Nacho

Nacho Member

We will once Essence finishes the new skills rebalancing she's working on. "Sniper's perch" or something, and it's better the more walls you're standing next to

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Essence

Well, the whole walls thing failed. It turns out there's no way under current mechanics to actually target only wwalls, and thus no way to count them. The final product instead counts nearby enemies and is stronger the fewer of them and the further away they are. But it does break on move or when attacked, yes.

19. Loren

Loren Member

Billy Quan crashed me again, did you change the framerate on it back to what it was before?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Essence

I...don't ...think so?

[edit]Yes...somehow I did do that. Sorry.[/edit]

OmniaNigrum likes this.