Krong is a generous god.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Glazed, May 18, 2012.

1. Glazed

Glazed Member

KRONGALICIOUS.jpg

This is what happens when your artifact has a quality of 4,294,967,295. You can also see how consistent the RNG is. The difference between my acidic damage and asphyxiative is only 0.06%

Turbo164, Kazeto, OmniaNigrum and 5 others like this.
  2. Tycho

Tycho Member

HAAAAAAX

What is that green circle? A dummy placeholder item?

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

What...

I don't even....

Turbo164, Stoz, mining and 4 others like this.
  4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

ALL EXULTATIONS UNTO KRONG

AND HIS BROTHER CHEESUS, THE DAIRY MESSIAH

5. Glazed

Glazed Member

No, it's an item I invented called Gooball. It's an artifact sword with a 200 righteous damage buff, and an egregiously high artifact quality!

I think it's interesting that I have 5.4 million Burliness and Caddishness, and yet I have 1 HP max. I was doing just fine against a level 15 monster zoo until some jerk must have cast a lingering weakness missile on me.

Turbo164, Kazeto and Marak like this.
  6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

...lol

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Suddenly I am reminded of the pre launch beta. This is what happened to normal items folks.

Turbo164, mining, Kazeto and 3 others like this.
  8. Glazed

Glazed Member

It took literally a minute on my 3.6 Ghz Intel i7 for this item to get Kronged.

wRAR, Turbo164, Kazeto and 1 other person like this.
  9. Marak

Marak Member

I can't believe that Lil' Batty couldn't even handle a mere 240 million damage hit...

10. Giygas

Giygas Member

If an atom of goo from that gooball flies off and hits a Diggle, the dungeon will implode.

That, and you are mostly a superhuman with that; except you can't sneak well XD

Turbo164 likes this.
  11. mining

mining Member

I have a question: Have you sent it to a museum?

Giygas, Turbo164, OmniaNigrum and 2 others like this.
  12. Glazed

Glazed Member

Ha! I should try that.

Turbo164 likes this.
  13. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

What's really sad is, no matter how much XP you get from that, it's still only one level....

wRAR likes this.
  14. Glazed

Glazed Member

Oh, right. Good point. >.<

15. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Maybe it'll overflow a couple times and not level you up though, or level you up multiple times or something.

16. Glazed

Glazed Member

I obviously have to try this now.

17. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Was this a rollout item that won't spawn elsewhere? Or can you just find these things lying around? 'Cause that'd be crazy. As in, crazy awesome.

18. Glazed

Glazed Member

When I said it took one minute to Krong this item I underestimated it. I just timed it, and it took 2 minutes and 7 seconds!

It's just a test item I made in my own test mod. I use this mod to test various XML features.

It had completely unexpected results! I was level 17 because I used debug mode to give myself 16 levels to get the IBIAM spell. I Kronged the item, sent it away, and this is what happened:

negativeXP.png

Turbo164, mining, Kazeto and 3 others like this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Wicked Sick!

Some people cheat a little to make things relaxing. I cheat by adding to the number of craftables I find. I use a memory editor to do it. (Artmoney)

Some people cheat to see what makes the game engine shit itself. Glazed, I think you may just be one of those people. :)

Turbo164 and Essence like this.
  20. Glazed

Glazed Member

I don't call it cheating. I call it science! I'm trying to figure out the data types of the values in the XML files. 4,294,967,295 is the maximum value for an unsigned 32 bit integer. However, the game had no trouble with 4,294,967,296.

wRAR, Turbo164 and OmniaNigrum like this.