Is it possible to mod (anything even closely related to) Krong?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Gorbax, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I don't have much experience with modding, the best I do is occasionally tweaking some numbers in .xml files as I see fit. So the best I can do is open up said .xml files and ctrl-F through them in search of anything that looks like it might be a Krong mechanic, but I haven't found anything.
    I also searched the threads in here, and the lack of answers I found therein is already giving me an inkling to what the answer might be.

So, is it possible to mod anything related to Krong?
    Is it possible to invoke a Krongian enchantment without an anvil?
    Is it possible to change the success-rate of an Anvil of Krong (in general or per anvil in specific)?
    What, if anything, is possible to alter anything involving Krong?

I'll take any info I can get.

Thanks in advance either way!

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Short answer: no, and nothing, basically. That stuff is hardcoded, unfortunately.

Kazeto and Gorbax like this.
  3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Ah, it is as I feared.
    Thank you for the quick reply!

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Look in tweakdb.xml for odds.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. I think you might be able to do something resembling Krongian enchantments without an anvil but it would not be very simple and probably not work well. (I can't remember if there's a way to edit an item enchantment without encrusts 'cause I'm out of practice; so you could make a spell that gives you some sort of encrustable token and use the usual instability stuff as part of the chance of curses?)

It's not really the same but it resembles it vaguely.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Which entries and how do they work? (A lot of that particular database is pretty ambiguous as to whether raising a number will increase or decrease the odds of its associated effect)

7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

You can mark certain spells as effects that can be added to your equipment by krong

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Right, In itemDB.xml
    Search for "<power" in the core game's copy of itemDB.xml for examples.