GRPD Pure Rogue Run Success!

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Arron Syaoran, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Today I just Finished my Pure Rogue Build by Defeating Lord Dredmor without any Warrior or Wizard Skills, and also without any Nimbleness-reducing Gear. dredmor is dead.png
    Here's the High Score Table:
    high score.png
    And My Build via Loading Screen:
    load game.png
    That's Piracy, Tinkering, Burglary, Perception, Archery, Artful Dodger and Thrown.
    I didn't use any of my Clockwork Sawblades, Just Clockwork Drill Bolts and Drill Bombs.
    His Thunder Bolt and Fire Kept Hammering me, and I was quaffing Healing Potions like crazy. At one point he dropped me to 9 HP left, so I teleported out of sight to heal with Mysterious Ways.
    I also had enough trap affinity before Floor 15 that I could disable any Trap in the Game, and could pick up all except The Dragonbreath Caltrop Eruptors.
    Here's a Bonus Glitched Brax Shop for you that I encountered:
    empty brax shop.png

Edit: Next Time I Play, Ima Try Pure Mage and Pure Warrior Runs. You can see that there's both an Arronsyaoran and an Arron Syaoran save file. The Arronsyaoran(without spaces) file was a Warrior/Rogue Build that was somewhat easier than Pure Rogue.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

The oddest part of those screenshots, to me, is that you have Lockdown on your skillbar. :p

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Is it because Lockdown no longer works on the later floors? The Last Few Skills from Piracy I never used. I did rely alot on Swashbuckling though.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Actually TBH I've never had much luck with Lockdown at all, much less on the later floors. Even when it's not resisted, it has a tendency to break before it's duration runs out startlingly often.

5. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I always tend to use Bolas, Skatha's Root Wands, Banzai Bombs or Nerve Staple Darts if my Lockdown fails. Mostly in the order that I said because of failure rate and stackability. If the enemy gets too close, there's only one thing to do: Teleport.(Knightly Leap + Mysterious Ways makes Pure Rogues excellent at avoiding melee)

Edit: The thing that sucks about the Nerve Staple Darts and also the Bolas is they seem to only last 3 turns. I only really use rooting abilities on either bosses or if there's few enemies and the enemy is too close to gun down before they get in melee range. I never use Stuns or Roots on Dredmor, cause I know that probably won't work due to his sheer Magic Resistance.

Reddit(would-be merged post): Also, I'm starting a Pure Mage Build, and Unfortunately the most recent Mage run had a stairs crash from Floor 4 to 5(usually it happens from floor 5 onwards). The thing I hate about Mathemagic is that it's the only Wizard Skill with a useful Teleport(Ley Lines takes too much Mana), and most of the spells between Froda's and Xeuclids are Junk Debuffs that don't do much raw Single-Target Damage. I'm actually planning on making a mod called Missile Magic, due to the lack of multiple Missile Spells in most Wizard Skills. I'm not gonna use any mods for my Pure Runs though. That would be cheating.

From now on, I will post my status on my Pure Warrior and Pure Wizard on this thread. I've already beaten Pure Rogue, and I'm thinking of trying to do Pure Wizard before the Diggles Tunnel right next to me and slaughter me. My next Run isn't gonna have alchemy, but is probably either gonna have Emomancy or Fleshsmithing as the replacement(for heals). My last build was Necronomiconomics, Promethean Magic, Alchemy, Mathemagic(for teleports), Astrology(for Early Necro Resists), Blood Magic and Magical Law. I'm really loving the Magical Law Tree, even though I haven't started levelling it yet.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Lockdown is good, it's just that you need to know when to use it. It's nice for making sure that one monster over the other will enter into the chokepoint, or for pursuing cowardly enemies if you are out of bolts/throwables. Not to mention that it can be used to stop named monsters to be able to throw a few things at them; sure, sometimes it only lasts one turn (the duration is semi-random) and it can be tedious if you spend the whole fight running/locking the monster down/pelting weak items at it, rinse and repeat, but doing that can save your life, and is guaranteed to save it if you are playing as a glass cannon.

Essence likes this.
  7. Createx

Createx Member

You have beaten the game without a Lutefisk Cube? Sir, I tip my hat in your direction. Just a little bit obviously, but I do.
    Great work and congratulations:)