Dredmor Patch 1.0.10 RC9 Feedback Thread - I Believe in The Lever Fix

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 27, 2012.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Fixed double spawn of Nightcap, removed spores for now!

SkyMuffin, Marak and Glazed like this.
  2. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

What did I do? Somehow...it would seem my zorkmid pouch has gone horadric.

[​IMG]

3. blob

blob Member

No, that's why I say dont beat me with a stick. I was very late on my bug posting.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I am glad to see some actually threatening traps. When I ran into an inconspicuous pressure plate on floor two, at first I thought it was a bit too terribly harsh, but then I realized that in the end I ran into it twice without actually dying and that I'm just used to the traps being really weak.

It would be neat if the Red Deths could eventually blink toward you somehow to use their melee attacks and threaten casters.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I hate to be a nag, as I know you guys are working hard at tracking down bugs and adding cool new features, but it's been more than a week since the post saying that the OS X version was going to be up "tomorrow".

I'd really appreciate it if someone from Gaslamp could share with us a revised ETA on the Mac and Linux versions of the Beta. Even if it's "not until we've got all the crashes sorted out of the Windows version (which won't be 'till next week)", that would be an acceptable (though unpleasant) answer.

Then at least I'd know not to torture myself by checking this thread thrice daily. As it currently stands, it's a like a Giant Pink Scorpion Diggle straight to the heart :p every time I get an alert about new posts here.

Quarky and OmniNegro like this.
  6. Glazed

Glazed Member

"For now", huh? Hmmm what could that mean?

7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, it would be nice to get Spores (and Lockpicks, which also don't spawn from a spawnitemfromlist command) working just so that 1) there's something to do with Patches of Dirt, and
    2) moar mushrooms, these ones in the more traditional way.

8. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

the 'View in Workshop' button on the Mod Workshop launcher is off. It needs to be taller and shorte...err...less long. :)

9. Marak

Marak Member

Related to recent Fungal Arts/Spore changes... I wonder if next we'll see something like "Lucky Pick is no longer an active skill; instead, once you select it upon leveling up the game simply assumes you have a lockpick every time it would normally check for one."

Basically making it a passive ability to always have a lockpick, even if you have 0 of them in your inventory. Sounds good to me, spamming it on cooldown until you have 300 picks and then removing it from your hotbar isn't exactly the most compelling thing you do in DoD. Plus it saves a precious inventory slot. ;)

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I don't really see much use in the whole "cast this 1000 times to get lockpicks" thing anyway. I once suggested simply merging it into a permanent inventory slot or space on your character sheet. It would make things much simpler...I get the feeling that right now, people don't particularly use lockpicks in any strategic manner (to open specific chests, to open specific doors, etc) anyway.

Another thing that would be kinda cool is finding lockpicks on the corpses of enemies, or in bookshelves.

11. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

If Lockdown had no cooldown and could be used immediately after casting it, so that the only limiting factor was how many lockpicks you carried, I would disagree with you. As it is, I feel you are correct.

I suggest changing Lockdown, rather than the way lockpicks are managed, but that's just how I'd do it.

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The easiest way to take care of Lockpicks would simply be if you have the skill you unlock every chest and door. That would require some special code though.

Essence and OmniNegro like this.
  13. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Not much. Just put a line in the Check For Picks code (please bear with my horrible fauxcode (ha ha a pun) for the sake of example):

Code:
    if(locked)
       {
       if(luckyPick==1)
          {unlock()
          }
       if(inInventory(lockpick)>=1)
          {unlock()
          set inInventory(lockpick)==inInventory(lockpick)-1
          }
       notify(locked)
       }

jzworkman and blob like this.
  14. Sade

Sade Member

I just finished a playthrough with the latest RC. Some thoughts:

Hungry and Thirsty Diggles are a bit under-powered. Their attack strength and defenses are noticeably lower than their counterparts' on the same DLs, and, by the time they start to appear in the Dungeon, most character builds already have tons of other options to restore :life: and :mana:.

It would be nice if a pop-up text (à la "Corruption") was shown when items are digested from your inventory, as the combat log tends to get a bit crowded at times. Is it intended that the Diggles consume an entire stack of Food/Drinks at once?

Red Deths and Megadeths seem quite alright, although the latter ones are probably a bit too trigger-happy with the Lingering stuff Missiles. Watching those balls fly across the screen en masse slows the combat down needlessly, as their harmful effects are marginal at best. Gnomes are better suited to that task, anyway.

I didn't really notice much of change in the new DL15 Dredmor. He kept using the same old tricks as before, and the damage numbers were very similar. To my mind, Dredmor would need some serious buffing to truly challenge a well-prepared CL30-something hero. Then again, the final battle has never been the main point of DoD. (Which is losing, of course. Losing is fun. :))

Also, after the DL11-15 item spawning was fixed, there have been Bolt Eruptors (and Flashy Staffs) everywhere. Still better than a flood of Lirpas, I guess.

Finally, the game crashed twice, both times while transferring between DLs (0 > 1 and 3 > 2, to be exact). Neither crash could be reproduced after reloading the game. Otherwise, everything was smooth.

Marak likes this.
  15. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Had a crash when I accepted a quest from Inconsequentia. Couldn't reproduce it, but I thought I'd mention it. Anyone else with this problem, or is it just me?

16. MannyAloeVera

MannyAloeVera Member

When I try to install the patch, I get a "skills/butcher32.png is missing" error. Is this because I don't have ROTDG?

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That seems likely. Big Game Hunter is one of the skills added in RotDG. That is where the image in question comes from if my memory serves me.

Why on Earth do you not have RotDG? You cannot really say it costs too much. Did you buy the Humble Bundle that included DoD but not RotDG?

18. MannyAloeVera

MannyAloeVera Member

Yep, Humble Bundle purchase. Will the post-RC 1.10 work with DoD without RotDG or are they updating based around that at this point? Sorry, I don't know much about how these processes work. :)

19. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

If you check your HIB download page, you'll find there's a Steam redemption key there. Once you've installed your free copy of the Steam version, RotDG is just a couple bucks away from being yours.

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I suppose there is no option for those who hate Steam and refuse to allow it on their system?

That was the appeal of the Humble Bundle for me. I still do not have Steam installed. I made a tiny partition on a separate drive, unplugged every other drive, installed Windows, then Steam and bought RotDG, downloaded, then copied the game over to a flash drive and deleted that partition.

I love the game. I would buy it all over again to be able to avoid Steam altogether. (I need to check that Desura thingy again.)