So recently I stopped my endless lurking on the forums and have started to join in. Shortly after joining in, I was coerced into making mods. Some very scary looking people by the name of Essence, Kazeto, Omninegro, and Lorrelian ambushed me, shoved poisened (but still quite delicious) cookies down my throught and told me the antidote would only come if I made some mods... Wanting to live a long, happy life of playing lots more DoD, I have decided to comply (note to attackers: Please find my home address and send antidote immediately, fingers already starting to turn yellow and my nose has taken on a distinctly drill like shape). So I am putting together a little mod based on the Seven Deadly Sins. Seeing as how there are 7 of them and skills can have up to 8 skills, I figured this was a natural fit. I figured it would be a rogue skill that any build could use, focusing more on melee, giving some utility, some of all the base stats, a strong capstone, and a decent amount of defense to help roughish types out. Because the sins themselves are all so different, the class will be a bit of a hodgepodge of abilities, but it's not designed to be your main source of damage or mana drain or what not, just something to fill in the gaps and give melee rogues more options. I figured it'd be different than a lot of the other "profession" based mods. Also, it sounded like a devilishly good time. I am currently working on it as we speak, just wanted to jot down some ideas I had and see if anyone had any good ideas to throw my way. I am shooting for underpowered (at least at first) rather than over powered. And since this is my first mod, I can use all the balance advice I can get. If it goes well, maybe I'll do a 7 Heavenly Virtues mod, focusing more on ranged combat. Rank 1: Greed, very small chance (5-10%) of Midas on hit, small (1-2) increase to caddishness (money is the root of all evil, so it's the root skill of the tree, the caddishness bonus should be obvious) Rank 2: Glutony, slightly larger increase (2-3) in stubborness (all that blubber is gana make you much harder to kill), ability, Hungry Enough to Eat A Diggle, spawns food, large chance (75%) to get level 3 or lower, small (20%) chance to get level 4-5, tiny chance (5%) to get level 6+, 45 turnish cooldown Rank 3: Envy, slightly larger increase (2-3) in nimbleness (gata be quick to take the things you envy from others), passive buff, Take What You Want (and if they don't give it to you, kill them and take it anyway), 20% chance to proc on hit, you find something nice that the monster doesn't want to give you, increases crit by 3 for 10 turns, stacks up to 3 times. On critical hit, 10% chance to steal a random gem from the target, Rank 4: Sloth, no skill bonus (being lazy gets you NOTHING), 1 resistance to existential, transmutative, righteous, and necromantic damage (you can't be bothered to care about those silly "exotic" damages), ability, Couldn't Care Less, self buff, Cease to Exists, invisibility and +75 dodge and magic resistance for 15 turns or until you move or take any action. 45 turn cooldown Rank 5: Lust, med bonus to savvy (like 3-4), ability, Everyone Wants You, very short term (5 turn-ish), single target charm OR smallish (2 squares around caster)PBAoE confuse OR single target pull-to-caster/force monster teleport (with long range, good for grabbing casters). Can't decide which to use, I like them all, both mechanically and thematically, but no matter which ability, small mana cost (maybe 12, can be reduced to 7 or something like that). If it's the charm, also smaller (15-20 turns) cooldown so as to not be spamable in a monster zoo or what not. Rank 6: Pride, med bonus to sagacity (3-4), ability, You Are Perfect, self buff, Perfection, brittle 4-7, gives block, absorption, magic resistance in small, but useful, amounts (maybe 3-4 absorb, 10-15 block, 20ish magic resistance), because you don't just think you're better than everyone else, you KNOW it (at least until some muscle diggle shatters your illusions and/or bones). 30-45 turn cooldown. OR ability, You Must Have Me Confused for a Lesser Being, reflect the insults back at the monsters, along with their spells and attacks, self buff, You Are Perfect, +50ish Spell Reflect and + 35ish Counter for 6ish turns, same cooldown. Rank 7: Wrath, larger bonus to burliness (4-5), ability, Fly Off the Handle, unleashing your inner demons. Short Range PBAoE moderate blasting damage and stun (10 + .35 burliness and maybe 2 squares on all sides, 1 turn stun to everything within 1 square), also applies self buff, REALLY ANGRY, bonus to crit (15ish), enemy dodge reduction (5ish), and crushing damage (5-8ish) and all attacks hit every target within 1 square, for like 10ish turns. 75-100 turn cooldown. Some notes. I specifically left the most useful rogue primary stats at the beginning of the tree (and therefore with the lowest bonuses). I figure you're already getting those stats from just putting points into the skill tree AND the point of the build isn't to make you a super rogue, it's to make you a more balanced rogue who is able to handle all situations. On that topic, I am very attached to the idea that 6 of the skills give a different primary stat bonus. It doesn't make sense for something like Wrath to give savvy or nimbleness to start with, and again, it's supposed to be about helping balance rogues out and make them less fragile. However, I am not necessarily attached to the pairings I mentioned above, those just seemed the logical choices. I also like having most of the abilities have click, but don't want to clutter the bar. I notice that when I play Rogue/Warrior hybrids, I generally have far less abilities than if I was playing something magey. Also, I just find buttons to click fun. Passives can be really cool and exciting (Avenging Executioner is a great example of this), but I am just partial to buttons. So yeah, please let me know what you think. I'll be around, working on getting my head around the XML and getting all the easy to put in stuff in first before I start tackling the spells. EDIT: Oh, and I totally forgot, left to my own devices, all the icons will be REALLY ugly stickmen or rage comic faces/standard skill icons. I am totally okay with that (I might even eventually try to tune them up myself, but I am pretty sure I will make it worse), but if someone was interested and wanted to do some very simple art for the skills and/or buffs, I would love you forever and give you cookies (if you're ever in Reno).