Windows XP Crash whenever I try to head for Dredmor

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by banjo2E, Jul 14, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

As per title. The game just dies without so much as an error prompt whenever I try to descend to floor 15. Don't know what's causing this, it could be a mod.

I'd really like to know what's going on as soon as possible, and if it can be fixed at all; this was an otherwise successful EEPD random skills run.

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you have Interior Dredmorating, that's what causes it.

3. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

...Yeah, I do. I don't understand how ID can be responsible for this, since it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else and I'm pretty sure I've been using the same version this whole run, but...

Man, I can't believe I'm gonna have to start over from scratch...

4. Daynab

It's actually been reported a few times, but not lately :( Bergstrom hasn't been on the forums in a while, but I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Not to me, it hasn't. The first I heard about it was banjo's post yesterday. Please point me towards any other reports or data you've got on this.

I'm back. I was bedridden ill for several weeks and couldn't stay conscious long enough to post or mod anything coherent.

banjo2E likes this.
  6. Daynab

banjo2E likes this.
  7. r_b_bergstrom

Thank you for the links.

The level 15 crash could indeed be mine, though I can't seem to find anything wrong with either of the two rooms I've got that spawn exclusively on level 15. Maybe something got buggered in my steam upload that isn't messed up in my local copy? I'll keep hunting and trying to figure it out. I have a different ID (non-crash) bug I need to fix as well, and would prefer to only break save games once.

The two people reporting in that second thread that they're getting crashes on going back up to previous floors definitely aren't mine, though. One of them doesn't even have ID installed. So there's something odd going on in the main-game there that should probably be looked into. I mention this because the second one to post that crash was after your last reply, you may not have seen it.

8. r_b_bergstrom

Fixed as of today in ID 1.2.6.3

Link to ID 1.2.6.4
    Fixes the bug I made in 1.2.6.3 earlier today while fixing other bugs. In theory, all known bugs are now fixed.

banjo2E and OmniNegro like this.