Corruption tracking is messed up

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by J-Factor, Feb 24, 2012.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

This Translation Is All Wrong

Take a massively corrupted artifact...

[​IMG]

...First re-translation...

[​IMG]

...Second re-translation...

[​IMG]

The corruption is gone!

Flames of the Heckforge

Start with another massively corrupted artifact. Apply flames and you get:

[​IMG]

Free damage bonuses! That's right - for some reason Flames is turning negative stats (resistances?) into positive damage bonuses. But wait... if you re-translate it now...

[​IMG]

Back to being massively corrupted. Re-flaming does nothing at this point. Re-translating again removes the corruption.

Finally: saving and reloading makes the game lose track of corruption. Flames does nothing and re-translating removes corruption after reloading.

2. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Thank you for catching and documenting this.

I've been noticing similar things with my most recent character.

The bugginess of what I experienced wasn't nearly to the extent you described there, but then I didn't have nearly that much corruption, either. I was definitely seeing Marcus Brody remove corruption and even negative krongings to an extent that it didn't seem it could be just lucky pairings of mirrored power-ups and penalties. Enough to make me doubt my understanding of what This Translation Is All Wrong is supposed to do. Unfortunately, I never remembered to take a screen shot of the pre-Marcus version, so I couldn't really prove something funny was going on.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Not sure if this is a good place to post about it, but I had similar problems today when Kronging a Cyber Cone. The pop-up kept telling me that the enchants were good, but they were definitely adding negative stats to the item. It got to a point where I was getting consecutive negative enchants on the same item every time, no matter what I did.

Don't know if it is somehow related to these issues or separate from them. I was using Archaelogy to get double enchants also.