Clockwork Knights 2.5

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Ruigi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Clockwork Knights 2.5 Crafting expansion and Skill Set
    for Dungeons of Dredmor Realm of the Diggle Gods
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    NOW WITH ROGUE ITEMS​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    AND MAGIC ARTIFACTS​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Compatible with Megacrafts mod by zaratustra​
    ABILITY LIST​
    [​IMG]
    Tech Savvy (+1 Tinkering)
    "You start with a cool visor that allows you to detect dungeon traps. Make sure that you use it."
    Grants the ability "Trap Scanner", which allows you to detect traps. 12 turn cooldown.
    [​IMG]
    Tech Scavenger (+1 Smithing)
    "Your close affinity with mechanical technology gives you an eye for salvaging scrap metal from slain constructs."
    Grants the passive ability "Salvage Scrap", which gives you a chance to get free scrap metal when you kill a construct. Scrap metal can be melted down into ingots when you collect enough.

[​IMG]
    Steam Powered Rebreather (+1 Alchemy)
    "You craft a hermetically sealed breathing apparatus that grants you protection against various hazardous environments."
    Grants the ability "Steam Powered Rebreather" which grants +2 resistance to asphyxiation, toxic, and acidic damage. requires mana to upkeep.

[​IMG]
    Rocket Jump (+1 Wand Lore)
    "You learn to propel yourself by detonating an explosive below your feet just as you jump through the air; only works vertically or horizontally."
    Grants the ability "Rocket Jump", a teleport skill that inflicts 20 explosive damage to the character and all enemies in a 1 tile radius. 3 turn cooldown. (blasting damage is bugged at the moment and is not reduced by blasting resistance nor armor rating).

[​IMG]
    Tech Plunderer (+1 Smithing)
    "Your close affinity with mechanical technology gives you an eye for salvaging quality parts from slain constructs."
    Grants the passive ability "Tech Plunder", which gives you a chance to get whole crafting components when you kill constructs.
    [​IMG]
    Sonic Blast (+1 Tinkering)
    "You design a sonic wave projector that allows you to unleash a focused concussive projectile at a single target."
    Grants the ability "Sonic Blast", a projectile that deals ( :melee_power: + 5:dmg_blast: ) x2 damage to a single target, also debuffs them for one turn so they are less likely to block and can not counter. 15 turn cooldown.
    [​IMG]
    Eruption Slam (+1 Wand Lore)
    "The codex astartes refers to this technique as the most suicidal attack in the game."
    A similar move to "Rocket Jump" Instead of creating an explosion on the player at the moment he teleports, he creates a HUGE EXPLOSION at his teleport destination. This can hurt the player a lot, so be careful. 120 turn cooldown.
    Features:
    • Adds over 20 brand new weapons/armor to the game, many of these can be crafted.
    • Adds some belt, pants and glove recipes to the crafting system-- items that prior were not craftable.
    • Adds the Clockwork Knights skill to the game, It is a hybrid crafter/warrior skill that gives melee fighters the extra edge they need to survive in late game, including access to special hidden crafting recipes that can only be completed by taking both Clockwork Knights and the requisite crafting skill.
    • The Clockwork Knight skill is designed with crafting and resource gathering in mind, It is designed to optimize melee warrior characters by giving them abilities that increase thier flexibility without sacrificing strength. Likewise, many of the Clockwork Knight abilities are not as useful on Mage or Rogue characters, but I do invite you to experiment with different combinations.
    • For best results, run this mod with the megacrafts crafting expansion: http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/megacrafts-mod-v0-0.2048/
    Mod Download Link:

--->>>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CLOCKWORK KNIGHTS<<<---(Windows and Linux)

--->>>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CLOCKWORK KNIGHTS + MEGACRAFTS FOR MAC<<<---

Again, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you run Clockwork Knights together with Megacrafts mod.
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/megacrafts-mod-v0-0.2048/
    Installation Instructions:
    Copy the Clockwork Knights folder to the following location. if the mods folder does not exist, you must create it.
    Windows:
    "Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Gaslamp Games/Dungeons of Dredmor/mods"

For Linux:
    "$HOME/.local/share/Dredmor/mods/"

For OSX:
    "Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor/mods"

NOTES:
    The Clockwork debugging wrench has been removed from the starting loadout since the most recent hotfix rectifies the problem it was intended to correct. If you aren't getting the skill buffs from clockwork knights, hold off until you receive the hotfix via Steam.

CHANGELOG
    1.0 Original Release
    1.1 Fixed a crashing bug related to clockwork explosive bolts.
    1.2 Reduced cooldown on Trap Scanner to 20 turns, changed some projectiles so that monsters couldn't counterattack against them.
    1.3 Added some special rooms with bonus recipe shelves. Fixed some crafting recipe issues and changed the Clockwork Drill Lance from maces to staves.
    1.4 Added four new top tier craftable weapons that can only be obtained through the clockwork knights skill and tinkering/blacksmith. These weapons will not spawn in the world and must be built. but the recipe is hidden. Also made a misc change to the clockwork deflector.
    1.5 Reworked the crafting system to make some of the special clockwork items accessible to players who do not have clockwork knight. The top tier clockwork weapons will still need some ranks of clockwork knight to obtain the necessary components.
    1.6 Added a bunch of new wands to the crafting system including two brand new wands. I also merged the content from another project with this mod; the result is that there are now a bunch of fencing swords availible to craft and find as treasures, as well as a new line of rogue friendly items. this update should open up more opportunities for people who play roguish characters.
    1.7 MINOR UPDATE: fixed a bug for one of the recipes in the craft system.
    1.8 SUPER UPDATE: Added even more wand recipes with a brand new wand called "Wand of Transmogrification" that can transform enemies into ore. Added a new class of shields called gauntlets. These fit in the shield slot and will add damage to your attacks based upon your spellpower. Also added some hidden alchemy recipes and a secret tome that makes it possible for people who did not take clockwork knights to collect some of the special tech ingregients.
    Micro update: can't have the secret potion spawning in the dungeon now, can I?
    1.9 slight update: the new patch added some crafting recipes, slight changes made to insure no conflicts. also... gauntlets now fit in the "gloves" slot...
    2.0 MEGACRAFTS MOD is awesome! it's so cool that i've decided to remove my recipes that conflicted with it.
    2.1 IMPORTANT UPDATE: along with some misc balance tweaks, I finally fixed roomsDB.xml! hooray! you should download this update because it will increase the availiability of item recipes.
    2.2 misc update, added a new room and streamlined the compatability with megacrafts.
    2.3 community release update: added a few more recipe rooms and streamlined the sound effects for some of the special attacks.
    2.4 added some more recipe libraries to the deeper floors, also tweaked clockwork drillbombs so that they are less likely to kill you when they explode.
    2.5 removed the screen crashing startup bug. probably should have tested that sweeping change before uploading it.

Attached Files:

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Wow, just looking through this, this is really nice and well thought-out. It's a general crafting skill that helps your others, and benefits from them. I really really like this. Of course I have yet to actually play with it, but this seems great. And the clockwork items are nice, I love their icons.

Also it's not just crafting skills it's all passive bonuses, everything.

3. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Judging from the icons alone, I can tell this is going to be an amazing edition to the game.

4. There a readme on skills and such in dl?

***On phone atm

5. Ruigi

is there a way for me to edit the thread title?

6. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

No but I updated it so it shows 1.3. If there's anything else let me know.

8. JUST by the icons?

Are you a wizard?

9. Siveria

Siveria Member

I don't get the point to this mod, Since you have to take the other skill too, to get more than 2 in the craft, doesn't this just eat up a skill choice? I mean I don't wanna have to take 3 crafting skills, thats almost half the choosable skills. How do you get these mods to work anyway, i copy it to where I was told too but when I launch the game, the mods do not show up.

10. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You have to actually click mods and select the mods you want to load.

Also there are plenty of low-level recipes. And you don't need to take all of the four crafting skills to gain a benefit, and you shouldn't. Even without any there's the possibility to get higher with the [REDACTED].

11. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Retired. I put up my robe and wizard cap a long time ago.

12. Daynab

You're working a lot on this thing!

13. Officefanguy

Officefanguy Member

This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it! :D

14. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Just wanted to say that your sprites are awesome and your mod's quite fun.

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

QFT

16. I'm really enjoying this mod, however I went to equip a trappers belt to try to disarm a trap, while wearing my clockwork regulator belt by right clicking the trappers belt. At that point, my clockwork regulator disappeared, I had to load the autosave to get it back, so I lost half an hour's progress on level seven.

17. Daynab

That's a bug with Dredmor, and unrelated to the mod. Happens with every belt.

18. Ruigi

try out the gauntlets and tell me what you think.

19. Ruigi

This mod is now 100% compatible with megacrafts mod.

20. Lefty

Lefty Member

Great Mod, one of the ones that made me want to sign up for the forum. Pity can't get RotDG on my system yet, but can test out the skills and seem to work well with my favourite types of chars. I just miss out on some of the recipes that make this skill line great.

Thanks for making it compatible with megacrafts. Really fills out the gaps in the crafting if you run both together, even if you don't use the CK skills.

You might need to alter your wand crafting recipes though, as there are now some official ones.
    Edit: scub that last comment, as I can see you have already done it in the latest version, it just doesn't show on Dredmorpedia yet