Windows Vista/7 64-bit Cannot choose difficulty settings and other settings

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by hexperiment, Dec 22, 2011.

1. hexperiment

hexperiment Member

Okay so I've been having this issue since day 1 of DoD. I'm back to playing DoD again and I find this annoying issue still here. So basically, when I want to create a new game, the game won't let me pick the difficulty and I can't uncheck the rogue-like option. Every time I click anywhere on the screen, it prompts me to the next screen which is the skill selection page. Even click on 'Back' brings me to the next page. Pressing any key (except Esc) brings me to the next page. The only way I can change difficulty is if I spam-click on the desired difficulty while pressing Esc, switching between the difficulty page and skill selection page until the other difficulty is checked. I remember talking about this problem in the old forum a long time ago and I suspect that it has to do with the language settings. My computer is in Korean. I know this has something to do with it since I remember others having the same problem under the same condition.

2. hexperiment

hexperiment Member

I just want to bring the awareness of this issue. It really bothers me that I can't really challenge myself to other difficulties and try lesser difficulties just to get through the game one. I am surprised that this issue hasn't been covered yet. I am pretty sure there are other important bugs to fix (like crashing) but it would be nice to get this over if it's possible. Thanks

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this, as far as I know you're the second ever person to get this. Are you in a different language Win7? The other person was Korean and Nicholas thought it was related.

4. narh

narh Member

I just started playing yesterday and also had this exact same issue. My computer is using an English version of Windows 7, but I live in Korea, downloaded the game from Korean servers, and have Korean language typing programs on my keyboard.

After some experimentation, I resolved the issue by floating my cursor over the settings and scrolling with the mousewheel to select or deselect options. Sounds a lot easier than your method; hope it helps.

empyreal likes this.
  5. hexperiment

hexperiment Member

damn! Thanks, narh! It's funny how this works but it will do for now. I am using Korean also so I guess this happens to Koreans only. Or it could be an international thing. I don't know much about the demographics of DoD but only 2 reports with both being from Korea seem to suggest something. I think I will try on other settings now. Thanks again :p

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That would make it three with the other person. Sounds related, yeah. Nvining said he would have to get his hands on a Korean Win7.